• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Motion Or Analog user? (Results are in)

swordwielder13

Full Squid
NNID
swordwielder13
Hello fellow squid kids! I am gathering information on the community on players.

I wanted to see how many people use Motion controls vs Analog controls.

If you can spare some time I would greatly appreciate it if you can fill out this poll below

https://goo.gl/forms/0U56Ctmi4pgF1Azt2

Thank you for your time and as always stay fresh~

Results are in!

Thank you everyone for replying to this poll : )

Last edited:

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
That's almost like the equivalent to how bad I did when I first tried out analog. XD

Yeah, I personally have always used motion controls. I have no idea how the players who have used analog all this time do it.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
I think this post would be more interesting if you started a poll on this thread that everyone could see the results of, as far as the amount of players using analog vs. motion controls.

Myself, I’m an S+(40-50ish) analog player. My personal thoughts: do not use analog controls, they hold you back in high level play, it’s just that simple. In fact, I’ve stopped playing on my main (analog) account recently and now only play on my alt where motion controls are set to on.

If any of my fellow analog players out there disagree, I’d like to hear from you.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I love the feeling of playing this with motion controls! I would most likely play it much less often if that wasn't an option. I wouldn't ever use analog only, but I do occasionally use the stick to turn my view to the side large distances while moving so I don't have to turn my body sideways, and while not moving much and in little danger, I can just turn and press Y. I always have my sensitivity set to the maximum value of +5.

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
When I started Splatoon I tried both methods putting more effort on Analog controls and even make sensitivity higher but I could never get myself moving fast or even splatting someone that is completly stupid running around instead of swimming.
So I prefer Motion over analog. Maybe analog could work for me but the gamepad's analog sticks are set for motion controls because I play games like Racthet and Clank just fine. The location of analog sticks just doesn't help analog players.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Rabble rabble rabble rabbit! Motion controls suck! Are stupid! Useless! What was Nintendo thinking! I've grown up with analog and this motion crap is hard! Better not be in the NX or else!!1!

My amusement aside, I'm highly [motion] sensitive. Often stuck at +5. Though I'm still having trouble with chargers and nozzlenoses at +5. I think part pf the reason it's easy for me is because I play while standing/dancing.

swordwielder13

Full Squid
NNID
swordwielder13
Thank you for all the replies everyone! As was expected motion control overules and shooters are the top weapons picked!

It was really fun and interesting to read and see everyone else's preference both in controls and weapon types

Lyn

Premium
I definitely prefer analog, the motion controls are just too annoying for me to use and I rarely have any problem playing efficiently.

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
Interesting. I have no idea how people use motion controls. I am all over the place when I try to use them; and it's just a disaster.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'd be more interested in the results if the Japanese playerbase were somehow polled.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Interesting. I have no idea how people use motion controls. I am all over the place when I try to use them; and it's just a disaster.
I learned motion controls while I was playing at a desk with a monitor. The desk supporting my arms really stabilized the controller. But now I'm dependent on a flat surface to rest my arms so I have my "splat board" for playing on the couch - a 2ft whiteboard with a Magic card playmat for slickness.
Jumping right into splat zones helped me learn the quickest. I didn't like playing the story mode with motion at all. Took me like 3 games to get into the groove.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I normally play while standing, sometimes holding my gamepad flat, other times at an angle, and even vertical at times.

I've also had it on max sensitivity for so long I don't remember how I adapted. Maybe it was easy for me because I don't play shooters at all, so my mind isn't wedded to analog or mouse & keyboard.

Last edited:

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I normally play while standing, sometimes holding my gamepad flat, other times at an angle, and even vertical at times.

I've also dad it on max sensitivity for so long I don't remember how I adapted. Maybe it was easy for me because I don't play shooters at all, so my mind isn't wedded to analog or mouse & keyboard.
I have a chair sat in front of my tv so I can rest my arms on my legs when sitting. I started playing at +5 because I thought that if I learned it at the highest sensitivity I could get really good, but i've slowly been turning it down since I realized that I can be more accurate at lower sensitivities, and am currently happy with +2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom