• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Movement Mechanics

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
oh, ya, I noticed that when I kept failing the jump in the tutorial

luigisly

Full Squid
Does jumping up walls make you move faster? I could've sworn it said that in the tutorial but I couldn't really tell a difference.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
After messing around in the tutorial after online got shut down I realized that you can move as a squid without ripples if you hold the control stick at the halfway point and can still go at a descent speed.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
After messing around in the tutorial after online got shut down I realized that you can move as a squid without ripples if you hold the control stick at the halfway point and can still go at a descent speed.
that seems like a pretty niche technique, but it might be useful for fine tuning your positioning when camping and you don't want to get caught!

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
After testing testing it a bit further it is faster than walking, just be careful going over slopes since you will jump out for a second .

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
After testing testing it a bit further it is faster than walking, just be careful going over slopes since you will jump out for a second .
you should probably make a thread for this, seems like a useful technique if its still faster than walking but doesnt give away your position

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
I would have gone with Invisible Ink, but alliteration always works.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
Not bad, I was thinking stealth something. Thanks for the name!
I hate to be the party pooper but isn't this just... Going slower? In the water, if you move less, you cause less ripples. I dunno if it's "tech" worthy, but definitely good to know! :)

JJ the Splattershotter

Squid Eater Captain
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
I pretty swiftly (as in almost immediately) recognized that the most efficient way moving around with a rapid-fire weapon is shooting a surface, turning into a squid, and transforming back at the end of the trail, then proceeding to repeat the process. You move around quickly while maintaining maximum ink levels, so it's no doubt going to be an outright necessity in high-level play once we really start sinking our teeth into this game.

I'm pumped to see just what kind of devious tactics we can come up with in the future.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
I discovered something else! If you aim at the groung while throwing a grenade you can have it roll accross the ground like a bowling ball. You can have it go different distances depending on how low you aim. If you aim straight down it will be right in front of you. This is useful for retreating or assassinating, espescielly against rollers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom