• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Movement Mechanics

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I pretty swiftly (as in almost immediately) recognized that the most efficient way moving around with a rapid-fire weapon is shooting a surface, turning into a squid, and transforming back at the end of the trail, then proceeding to repeat the process. You move around quickly while maintaining maximum ink levels, so it's no doubt going to be an outright necessity in high-level play once we really start sinking our teeth into this game.

I'm pumped to see just what kind of devious tactics we can come up with in the future.
well without making use of a technique that's the fastest method, but at the moment splatterhopping is the fastest way to move in the game

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I hate to be the party pooper but isn't this just... Going slower? In the water, if you move less, you cause less ripples. I dunno if it's "tech" worthy, but definitely good to know! :)
its useful if youre camping or otherwise within the peripheral vision of another player and need to get out of the way so as not to get caught

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
It won't see much use in Turf War, beyond doing something like hiding in enemy's spawn/waiting to ambush a group.

Even then, you run the risk of someone randomly deciding "Oh hey look a puddle, I should clean this up."

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
I find the fastest way to move through enemie ink if you aren't in a situation where you can just use your own ink to get rid of it is by jumping.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
I find the fastest way to move through enemie ink if you aren't in a situation where you can just use your own ink to get rid of it is by jumping.
I'm not too sure on that, watching some gameplay, it seems the speed you move in ink is the same, wether you jump or not. It may make your slightly harder to hit, but I'm not sure about faster.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
I'm not too sure on that, watching some gameplay, it seems the speed you move in ink is the same, wether you jump or not. It may make your slightly harder to hit, but I'm not sure about faster.
It might not matter for the first few steps but after those jumping is way faster since after a few steps you walk slower.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
Last edited:

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Did anyone try hanging out in walls?
It was the first thing I tried in the tutorial and yeah, as others have mentioned, it won't be effective. To me, sliding down the wall isn't the even the worst part. What really kills wall sticking is the fact that you can't swing your camera around to watch what's behind you. They don't let you move your camera more than 45 degrees left and right while on the wall so you can't look at anything useful when you're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom