• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Movement!

Squididly

Full Squid
NNID
Squididly
Is anyone else super hyped about the amount of movement added??

The crazy rolling with the doolies!!!

Ink rails in multiplayer! Which begs the question- what other kinds of single-player mechanics will we see?

JET. PACK. I can't be the only one who thinks that's crazy cool?

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
More verticality will surely make the game even more excited and even more frustrating and cheese I can imagine. It seems like a logical inclusion.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
This is gonna make for some crazy frag vids. Airshots! Tricky Movement! Other clutch plays!

CptKipz

Inkling
NNID
Zachary54
If you look closely, it also looks like with chargers, you can charge a shot, submerge yourself in ink (but your body still glows), reposition, and fire the shot almost instantly. I can only imagine how that would affect eliters. And it looks like fully charged - chargers in general glow now.
Or I'm just looking into that part of the video completely wrong.

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
If you look closely, it also looks like with chargers, you can charge a shot, submerge yourself in ink (but your body still glows), reposition, and fire the shot almost instantly. I can only imagine how that would affect eliters. And it looks like fully charged - chargers in general glow now.
It looked like there was some kind of auto-aim too in one of the clips, after the inkling became a kid again the charger seemed like it just locked straight onto its target.

Squididly

Full Squid
NNID
Squididly
It looked like there was some kind of auto-aim too in one of the clips, after the inkling became a kid again the charger seemed like it just locked straight onto its target.
I noticed that too!! I couldn't pin-point exactly what was different about the movement.

Also speaking of movement, I'm so relieved that they brought up motion controls? I know a lot of people just analog it (I've been using it more lately) but I'd have a hard time without gyro.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Highly doubt this... there won't be any kind of insta-kill charger feature. I'm fairly certain this is simply for demonstration purposes and everyone involved in the creation of this trailer coordinated what was to be shown... so even if it looked like it was auto-aim it was just a well-planned shot for the sake of showing off a cool product.

Please call me out later if I'm wrong but I stand by this out of respect for the integrity of the game. xD

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'm not sure if that is an auto-aim feature or simply just the animation for getting out of ink with a Charger. It is pretty clear that the video is using a free camera so is isn't out of the question that the person simply shifted their aim while in the ink.

Though as far as the actual act of swimming with a charge, I do hope their is some catch to it, one of the main things that balanced chargers where the fact that they had to either rely on map features of camp on perches in plain sight. Perhaps your charge drains while you're submerged

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
I'm not sure if that is an auto-aim feature or simply just the animation for getting out of ink with a Charger. It is pretty clear that the video is using a free camera so is isn't out of the question that the person simply shifted their aim while in the ink.

Though as far as the actual act of swimming with a charge, I do hope their is some catch to it, one of the main things that balanced chargers where the fact that they had to either rely on map features of camp on perches in plain sight. Perhaps your charge drains while you're submerged
The catch seems to be that whenever you have a full charge you get lit up like Rainmaker or bomb rush. So no sneaking around with a full charge unless you hide behind walls and objects. It's good for a single surprise shot so while it adds some maneuverability to Chargers it certainly isn't overpowered as I'm sure people will claim it to be when the game launches.

I'm curious how scopes will interact with this effect though.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
I am expecting montages of inkrail jump charged shots.

Edit:autocorrect.

HyperKirby013

Inkling
NNID
Justin
Man has it been a while since I was here jesus. So coming from someone who didn't pick up the first Splatoon (not because I didn't like it but because I didn't have a Wii U and when I got one the NX was revealed and the final Splatfest was over) This game seems hype and I hope it has even better tournament and eSports scene than the first game because me and my friends wanna make a team (not to say we're gonna be good its just gonna be fun)

CM86

Pro Squid
The catch seems to be that whenever you have a full charge you get lit up like Rainmaker or bomb rush. So no sneaking around with a full charge unless you hide behind walls and objects. It's good for a single surprise shot so while it adds some maneuverability to Chargers it certainly isn't overpowered as I'm sure people will claim it to be when the game launches.

I'm curious how scopes will interact with this effect though.

I am going to make a prediction and say that only chargers without scopes can do this. It would make sense. You can either get a charger that fires longer (a scope) or get a charger that keeps a charge while swimming (no scope). To me it gives more of a reason to use a charger without a scope. Don't get me wrong, I like all the chargers (especially the hero charger replica), but I never see a charger without a scope in competitive. It would really be neat if that changed.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Carrying over from the superjump thread, @ZootFluteRiot posted a nintendolife video showing off some big points of the inkjet(the jetpack) special.

-You are not invincible ( I felt it when he got splatted x.X)
-Inkjet allows you to go over otherwise unscaleable walls (in the video he invadees what would normally be an area only the enemy team could swim/kid to.
-It appears to force a super jump at the end of the special (probably to balance said^^^ insane maneuvering potential)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wonder if someone could jump to a teammate who is using the inkjet?
Hmmmm, yes

BUTT

It would probably jump them to the last location the inkjetting teammate touched the ground.
ie: where they activated their inkjet.

Now if it counted if the inkjet "landed" before expiring? That would be... interesting.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So giddy at all the expanded parkour possibilities now. I could see myself stuck in Recon Mode for quite sometime before actually playing matches.

Hmmmm, yes

BUTT

It would probably jump them to the last location the inkjetting teammate touched the ground.
ie: where they activated their inkjet.

Now if it counted if the inkjet "landed" before expiring? That would be... interesting.
Otherwise: *flies across water areas of Mahi-Mahi spamming "C'Mon!/To me!" ↜(╰ •ω•)╯ψ*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom