1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Multiplayer Game Mode Details Revealed

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Warchamp7, Jun 2, 2017.

Warchamp7, Jun 2, 2017 at 11:26 AM
  1. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Blame Me If the Place Is Melting
    Admin Premium

NNID:
    Warchamp7
    Nintendo Treehouse shared some info regarding Splatoon 2 multiplayer today in preparation for the Splatoon World Inkling Invitational! Good news squids, all your favourite modes are back!

Turf War, Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker are all returning, with the ranked game modes getting small quality of life changes to make them even better.

The Splat Zones UI will now display each teams live progress towards inking the zones. Tower Control now has checkpoints along the path where the tower will briefly pause. Finally, the Rainmaker no longer shoots a tornado of ink but instead shoots a projectile that explodes shortly after landing.

Check them all out in the video above and let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Mendax, G1ng3rGar1 and ZEROrevive like this.
Squidboards Head Admin
Warchamp7 is the head technical admin of Smashboards and Squidboards, as well as a kid and a squid. As a Ganondorf main in Smash, he can be found playing super aggressive in Splatoon ranked matches, going for flanks and greedy plays.

Keep an eye for updates and improvements to the site from him, as well as direct all the blame towards him when anything goes wrong.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Warchamp7, Jun 2, 2017.

1. vanille987
      vanille987
      I`still want to play them myself to see how things are.
      but the modes definitely feel more balanced.
      Mendax and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
    2. BeatMeat
      BeatMeat
      THESE CHANGES ARE SO JUICY OHMYGOD MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
      Mendax, G1ng3rGar1 and vanille987 like this.
    3. Green Waffles
      Green Waffles
      Don't forget the gear abilities and D pad callouts that were teased during the video ;p
      Mendax and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
    4. OrangeKnight
      OrangeKnight
      I'm honestly hoping that nintendo will give us info about new possible modes, like a capture the flag mode(capture the zapfish), a team deathmatch mode(splatmatch), or even modes with multiple teams, tournaments, or a free-for-all mode. :wst_shot_normal00::wst_shot_normal01::wst_shot_first00:
      Drez, Parkie, Mendax and 1 other person like this.
    5. Green Waffles
      Green Waffles
      ^^^A free-for-all turf war between ~4 squids sounds interesting
      Drez, Mendax and ZEROrevive like this.
    6. Parkie
      Parkie
      Idk if that Rainmaker sounds more deadly, or nerfed.. Is it better or worse D:??
      Mendax and Green Waffles like this.
    7. SomeRandomSplatoonPlayer
      SomeRandomSplatoonPlayer
      Looks really good tbh.
      Ink trail looks much larger when charged then in splatoon 1 AND gives you lots of space from that blast radius.
      SquidHunterX likes this.
    8. Parkie
      Parkie
      I watched the video again and noticed that, plus the speed of the burst seems quite deadly. :ability_comeback: