• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My friend can't Sploon

くコ:彡 - ROXY

Senior Squid
NNID
Spamus
Hey guys! I'm trying to help a friend out here. He plays Splatoon too but a few weeks ago, he suddenly cannot play online anymore. whenever he turns on the game, he doesn't get the news report, then he clicks "lobby" and asks him the receive the news data. When clicking on it, he gets the error code 101-0502. He contacts Nintendo about the issue and they told him is was his router settings, but nothing was changed with his router before this happened.

It's not only with Splatoon, but with his other games, like Smash Bros, but he can still connect to the web browser, Hulu, Youtube etc.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? if it helps, he lives in Australia, but that's about as much I can explain

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
He either needs to A, futz with his router settings, B, reset it by completely powering it down and then back on, or C, purchase a lan adapter for a more stable wired connection.

G

girigiriHERO

He either needs to A, futz with his router settings, B, reset it by completely powering it down and then back on, or C, purchase a lan adapter for a more stable wired connection.
I second the lan adapter, wireless internet in general is garbage and unreliable.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
That's kinda weird and unlukcy. I would begin with trying different connection settings, for instance trying to reset it, or trying to set them manually (static IP and so on). Maybe someone changed his router settings? Like his parents, or maybe a software for some reason.

G

girigiriHERO

every time I see a reply in my notifications the title gets dirtier and dirtier...

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Would a firewall interfere with online multiplayer? I'm no tech wizard, but still that might be part of the problem.

also yes, LAN adapter. We had to do that to play at all after the move.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Would a firewall interfere with online multiplayer? I'm no tech wizard, but still that might be part of the problem.

also yes, LAN adapter. We had to do that to play at all after the move.
Could be a possibility. Come to think of it, I have my router set up to filter device MAC addresses. So that's also another possible culprit.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Could be a possibility. Come to think of it, I have my router set up to filter device MAC addresses. So that's also another possible culprit.
Ah yeah, ours we have to manually add devices. I keep forgetting about that myself XD

mmicah__

Full Squid
NNID
ET_Micah
Yo fam, I'm the mysterious one with the issue. Just to clear things up, I've tried messing around with my router but the thing is I've been able to play splatoon before but I moved the router into another room and that's when things went downhill. I haven't changed any settings at all which also crosses out the option of buying a lan adapter because it's not my router to begin with. I'm lead to believe Nin10do is blocking or possibly a certain system update could've cause these problems. If anyone else has other ideas please comment or contact me on Skype: theawesomemicah

I'm stuck right now and I have no idea how to fix this issue any help with be extremely appreciated

Thanks

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Have you tried setting up the wii u closer to the router to see if it's being in a new room that's causing the problem?

G

girigiriHERO

Yo fam, I'm the mysterious one with the issue. Just to clear things up, I've tried messing around with my router but the thing is I've been able to play splatoon before but I moved the router into another room and that's when things went downhill. I haven't changed any settings at all which also crosses out the option of buying a lan adapter because it's not my router to begin with. I'm lead to believe Nin10do is blocking or possibly a certain system update could've cause these problems. If anyone else has other ideas please comment or contact me on Skype: theawesomemicah

I'm stuck right now and I have no idea how to fix this issue any help with be extremely appreciated

Thanks
The general public have no idea how wireless works. There are so many factors that can effect wireless the new room sounds to be the culperate.

mmicah__

Full Squid
NNID
ET_Micah
Have you tried setting up the wii u closer to the router to see if it's being in a new room that's causing the problem?
Funny you say that because I moved the router into the same room as the Wii U so cross out that one :/

mmicah__

Full Squid
NNID
ET_Micah
The general public have no idea how wireless works. There are so many factors that can effect wireless the new room sounds to be the culperate.
Same thing as Dessgeega. But I don't think the new room is the problem seeing as I hadn't changed any settings whatsoever and I was able to play splatoon with no issues. Nintendo keep sending me emails for eShop troubleshooting which honestly won't help because I can access that along with other applications like internet browser, YouTube, Netflix and Miiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom