• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My Nintendo Survey

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I hadn't seen any discussion of this on the forums, so I thought I'd make a thread for it.

I checked my emails today and found a recent email for a Splatoon 2 Survey from My Nintendo. I've gone through most of it myself, and it's a pretty standard thing. How satisfied are you, would you recommend it, demographic information, etc. It also has some sections for listing things you're satisfied/unsatisfied with, as well as providing feedback.

I don't know how likely Nintendo are to actually make any changes based on the results of this survey, but it seems like the best opportunity we're likely to get to make our voices heard. I know many of us have had our fair share of complaints about the game, especially with regards to tickrates and matchmaking.

Unfortunately there's a character limit on the boxes for complaints and feedback (and I really hate that I have to preface that sentence with "unfortunately"), but I was still able to use mine to point out the tickrate issues and matchmaking problems, as well as a couple of pet peeves on other mechanics. Namely, how the game still gives you experience tickets at Level 50 (not quite there yet, but I've heard all about it and I'm not looking forward to it) and how you can't sell ability chunks or trade them in for others, making chunks for useless abilities dud prizes.

If you missed this survey or overlooked it (mine ended up in my 'promotions' folder, which I hardly ever check) it might be worth going back and filling it out. It might not come to anything, but like I said earlier, it's probably the best chance we're going to have to actually speak to Nintendo about our complaints. The survey runs until the second of November, so there's still plenty of time to get to it if anyone's interested.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Man, to bad I don't have a My Nintendo account... They'd be getting a whole essay otherwise.

there's a character limit on the boxes for complaints and feedback (and I really hate that I have to preface that sentence with "unfortunately"),
Oh... "Unfortunately, despite being marketed as a competitive game, this game is arguably worse than Splatoon 1 in this aspect." "Unfortunately, you threw Marie and especially Callie under the rug for no real reason." "Unfortunately, the music in this game is vastly inferior to that of Splatoon 1."

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Man, to bad I don't have a My Nintendo account... They'd be getting a whole essay otherwise.
I'm pretty sure you only need a Nintendo Account to access My Nintendo, and I assume you must have one of those because you need one to access online services on the Switch. Though if you were to only get involved with My Nintendo now, I don't know if you'd be able to access the survey. I'd hope you could, but it's no guarantee.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Okay then; I checked my email, but the only email I got from Nintendo is an advertisement for Super Mario Odyssey.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Did you go to My Nintendo and link your Nintendo Account with them first? Because I think the survey was only distributed to My Nintendo members. Sorry, I'm not always the best at getting my point across, and I might not have been entirely clear in my last post; you don't need to create an account specifically for My Nintendo, you just use your existing Nintendo Account, but you would probably have to visit the site and link them first before you got any mail from them.

If you tried that, then I guess they just didn't set it up to include people who got into My Nintendo after the initial emails were sent out. Which is pretty bad; anyone who linked to My Nintendo during the survey period should be able to give their feedback as well. Though on the other hand, I admit I don't know a whole lot about automated mail systems (which I would assume theirs is). There might be some reason it can't work that way.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
didn't get anything in my emails, last thing from Nintendo that I got was about fire emblem... Would be nice if a lot of people could tell Nintendo that the matchmaking is quite bad...

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I got an email about that for VOEZ. I really want to get out my opinion to Nintendo.... I just love Splatoon but the tick rate thing is almost unexcuseable for me.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
One thing that occurred to me the other day is that the survey might only have gone out to people who registered the game with My Nintendo. If you bought the game as a digital download it should have done that automatically, but if you bought it as a game card you need to do it manually. The way to do it is:
  • Make sure the Splatoon 2 game card is in the console
  • Highlight its icon on the menu and press +
  • Scroll down to 'My Nintendo Rewards Programme', go into it, and choose 'Earn Points'
No idea if this will work, but it's something for people to try if they never got an email but really want to have their say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom