• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA and EU Splatfest-OJ with or without pulp

Which do YOU prefer

• OJ with pulp

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • OJ without pulp

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Hello fellow Cephalopods, as you may have or may not have heard, we're getting our monthly (mediocre) Splatfest. The theme is,

whether you prefer an average beverage with, or without pulp. At this rate I feel as though I can predict what the next Splatfest will be. I swear it'll probably be something along the lines of, Which door handle do you prefer!? A Handle lock or a Doorknob?! (Also, tell me in case someone has already created this typa' thread plz.)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Oop! Thanks for reminding me to swap out the monthly Splatfest sticky threads.

The choices may not be much, however this means the first Splatfest with playable octolings—OJ glass half full! =p

Me, I'm a monster who prefers pulp. But I'm gonna see what any possible partners will be choosing.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Once again, the Splatoon community seems to be completely disillusioned about what's going on in the real world.
This is a thing that people are very passionate about, much like the Toilet Paper orientation debate or the pineapple on pizza debate.

Anyway, I'm going for no pulp because I'm not deranged. Gonna be a lot of mirror matches, probably. Which is a shame given the cool color scheme.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
This is probably the only thing I'll be coming back for in the future, after having a pretty unenjoyable experience of Rainmaker Rank X placement matches (which showed the heavy flaws with Wahoo World, what a bad map) I'm going to continue my reign of minimal ranked and only do Salmon Run for the monthly gear and Splatfests. As for this, I don't drink Orange Juice so I picked Pulp for the orange ink colour to match the beverage, because Marina's team gives horrible experiences for me and because I'm likely to get very quick matchmaking considering the fact most kids will pick No Pulp because they typically don't like bits in smooth liquids like juice and yoghurts. I can't predict which way this will go, but I wonder if this time will give us that silly Shifty that Japan had in their month of 2 Splatfests. I'm racking up all these snails and not spending them, but ah well, I'd rather only play the game when it's enjoyable rather than suffer through Ranked. There's no doubt there'll be a ton of Octolings playing, but then this Splatfest will be interesting. It's another example of why the "bad" European themes from the first game were actually hidden gems, they give interesting debates and unpredictable results as no-one was quite sure which team would be more popular.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, but this one won't be unpredictable, popularity-wise.
I'm seeing green shirts everywhere online.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've seen like 2 or so every lobby. Most of them, like I said, being the no pulp ones.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i only drink fresh squeezed orange juice,orange juice from the supermarket is just gross >~> and no pulp all the way! if you want pulp just go eat a orange instead lol

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So since the Octolings have different poses in the Square and shops, I wonder if they'll have any different dances too.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
It’s either opinion and losing because Marina, or color, matches and winning. Haven’t chosen yet. On the other hand, Off the Hook’s arguments are getting better and better. “We both said some things...” :D

Cephalobro

Definitely picking No Pulp, no point in calling it juice if solid parts of the fruit are in it. Also fun fact, in the artwork for this Splatfest, you can see a little bit of Marina's left ear.

Last edited:

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
No pulp seems to be more popular.....been playing a lot of mirror matches so far. I picked no pulp but in reality I don’t mind a little bit of pulp sometimes. They even make a low pulp juice for the indecisive juice lovers. lol OJ is good either way for me though. These matches have been taking me longer than I’d like to reach Queen. Splatfests are really becoming dreadful due to garbage matchmaking in Solo. I’ve had so many lopsided games, it’s not even funny. If I didn’t need sea snails, I probably would skip splatfests.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Team Pulp.

Got to King earlier in the morning. This Splatfest was alright.

Didn't help that the rotation I did all of Champion on was Mako & Kelp. I really don't like Kelp Dome for Turf War, it's just too easy to sneak behind the other team. Not the biggest fan of this Shifty Station, the entire thing mainly being in two very open areas is not particularly my jam, given I'm much more of a flanking guy.

Ended with 18 wins and 11 losses, all against the other team, Splat Power of 2199, just under 2200. Fairly satisfied with my own performance for the most part.

Cephalobro

Despite having mirror matches, I was able to win most matches against Team Pulp, I didn't even get to King yet. I hope my luck keeps up.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
was a good splatfest day for me,22 wins and 15 loses,even reached king as well :D i liked the shifty map this time,it was easy for me to figure out how to play on it since there are also a few shifty maps where i just fail horribly at x.x GO TEAM NO PULP!

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Whoa... I just realized I completely missed the fest... playing Octo. (I was almost in tye plaza once, but not quite, so I forgot it was even happening.)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This Shifty Station...is not very fun. I don't mind the mirrored layout or those spinners, but the stage just leads to too many times where one team is locked in. And the whole lower arena just sucks. Guess I'm just going to Queen and that's it. I'd rather be playing Mario Tennis now anyway.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I always dread splatfest because that's when 90% of my matches are filled with either dualie squelchers. It wouldn't be odd if I was against 3 of them on a team. Had more mirror matches than not, lost more than won more than likely...it was just a mess. Can you just include rank for splatfest? Cuz playing TW for about 2 hours or so straight is very annoying...and boring. And most people hop off after max rank cuz there's nothing left to do. Minus SR of course whenever it's open.

Cephalobro

I always dread splatfest because that's when 90% of my matches are filled with either dualie squelchers. It wouldn't be odd if I was against 3 of them on a team. Had more mirror matches than not, lost more than won more than likely...it was just a mess. Can you just include rank for splatfest? Cuz playing TW for about 2 hours or so straight is very annoying...and boring. And most people hop off after max rank cuz there's nothing left to do. Minus SR of course whenever it's open.
I know, Dualie Squelchers are such an unfair weapon in both combinations. I just hate the Ink Storm special in general, it takes way too long for it to go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom