• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

NA Splatfest: Hot Dog vs. Marshmallow

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings

Greetings from the great outdoors! As soon as Camp Triggerfish was discovered, we just knew that we needed to take a Squid Research Lab company camping trip. We’ve all been in agreement about how great camping is, but have run into one little problem: we can’t seem to decide what to roast over the campfire.

Intern Milton is all like, “HOT DOGS!” and Intern Stephenie all like, “MARSHMALLOWS.” We only have so many pointy sticks to use to roast things so we’re going to need to come to an agreement on this. We’ve decided to let the next Splatfest decide for us! Head to the Pledge Board and vote Marshmallow or Hot Dog and then fight for your team from 8/7 at 9 PM PT to 8/8 at 9 PM PT.

#Splatoon #SquidLab #Nintendo #WiiU #Splatfest #Hot Dog vs Marshmallow #Team Hot Dog #Team Marshmallow​

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I mean...Hot Dogs are at least considered food...

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Not to sway anyone, but today is National Chili Dog Day. ;)

Last edited:

MrViperfang

Pro Squid
NNID
MrViperfang
I'm gonna be team hot dog. I love marshmallows, too, but hot dogs have been more appealing lately. Marshmallows do have s'mores on their side, though.

Forte

Inkster Jr.
Hot dogs. I find this combo for a vs. weird. Who could compare hot dogs to marshmallows, I mean really....

They should've did something like hot dogs vs hamburgers. But that's just me being picky.

I wonder how many people know whats inside marshmallows anyway....They should look it up.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I like the taste of hotdogs but my digestive tracts hate me for them afterwards. Marshmallows don't hurt me as much.

Yuubi

Full Squid
I'll pick hotdog before a marshmallow... they're not so filling like a hotdog are.

Ohai_Ink

Inkster Jr.
I will pick team hot dog as well, as they are pretty tasty! (At least the 100% beef ones...)

Seems to be one sided so far :P

Xeno

Inkling
NNID
Extreamstuntman
Is it sad that I haven't roasted hot dogs over a fire before?

Team Marshmallows for me :)

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
I do love Hot Dogs but marshmallows might win this one still voting hot dogs

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Well its that or solidified sugar. >_>
At least marshmallows are an honest food. "Hey man, clearly you can see I am a glob of processed sucrose and other simple carbs and flavors, so you can pass judgement about how much you can eat of me before you've reached your recommended caloric intake. And I'm fluffy, so I fill your stomach a bit faster than ingesting pure sugar! You can add me to other stuff if you want, or just eat me pure if that's your thing. Sure I'll spike your insulin into oblivion, but that's what you can expect of me if you just look at me, so you're warned! Otherwise I'm a fun friend!"

I won't even let Hot Dog talk here because he's a dirty, dirty liar. He pretends to be a tasty traditional vienna sausage, but he's filled with low quality leftovers from meat processing and pure, unfiltered hatred for the good taste of mankind. Don't be fooled: he might get your umami tastebuds tingling, but he and his henchmen of ketchup, mustard and bread will get you at least as much, if not more carbs into your system than your dear honest-to-god friend marshmellow. Hot Dog is just kinda there to screw you and your liver, fat cells and pancreas over once you're at your most vulnerable.

I'll make it abundantly clear. Do not trust a Hot Dog. It will disappoint you in your nutritional needs and it will disappoint you in the fight for Splatfest.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Honestly, I'm torn between both. I like the taste of both choices for different reasons.

I think this might be the first Splatfest where I need to flip a coin to decide!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't really have a proper opinion on this since I've never gone camping, but I might take the Hot Dog side since I'm not a huge fan of Marshmallows (and Marie will most likely be supporting that team :D)

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
At least marshmallows are an honest food. "Hey man, clearly you can see I am a glob of processed sucrose and other simple carbs and flavors, so you can pass judgement about how much you can eat of me before you've reached your recommended caloric intake. And I'm fluffy, so I fill your stomach a bit faster than ingesting pure sugar! You can add me to other stuff if you want, or just eat me pure if that's your thing. Sure I'll spike your insulin into oblivion, but that's what you can expect of me if you just look at me, so you're warned! Otherwise I'm a fun friend!"

I won't even let Hot Dog talk here because he's a dirty, dirty liar. He pretends to be a tasty traditional vienna sausage, but he's filled with low quality leftovers from meat processing and pure, unfiltered hatred for the good taste of mankind. Don't be fooled: he might get your umami tastebuds tingling, but he and his henchmen of ketchup, mustard and bread will get you at least as much, if not more carbs into your system than your dear honest-to-god friend marshmellow. Hot Dog is just kinda there to screw you and your liver, fat cells and pancreas over once you're at your most vulnerable.

I'll make it abundantly clear. Do not trust a Hot Dog. It will disappoint you in your nutritional needs and it will disappoint you in the fight for Splatfest.
You've clearly never had a real hot dog. Get off dat grocery level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom