• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Neat UI trick I noticed

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
So you know those squids at the top of the screen? I somehow only just noticed that they show when someone’s DC’d.

If the squid is colored, the player’s alive and connected. If it’s blacked out and the weapon is greyed out, the player’s dead but connected.

If the squid is blacked out but the weapon is colored, the player is disconnected.

So if you’re paying attention, you can figure out easily if a player’s DC’d, and change your strategy to compensate. Or just save your strength for future matches, your call.

I don’t know how common knowledge this is - I’m just throwing it out there on the off chance that someone else hasn’t noticed yet.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
If only more people noticed this and learned to be fair to opposing team with the sudden disadvantage.

ShadowStriker34

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3051-4861-5047
If only more people noticed this and learned to be fair to opposing team with the sudden disadvantage.
I always look at the bar and try to be fair when there's a dc , I wish the game did something to help the team when there was one

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
My reaction when I see a DC on my team at the very start: Well dang. Okay at least this match doesn't count but let's still try our best and give them a tough time.

My reaction when the other team has a DC at the very start: Sweet a free win! But still guys lets not screw this up...

My reaction when the other team has a DC too late into the match and we're winning: Aw he threw the match for them. That's too bad I suppose (I still play my best).

My reaction when the other team has a DC too late into the match and they're winning: OKAY GUYS MOVE MOVE WE CAN WIN EASIER NOW

My reaction literally any time there's a DC on my team too late into the match: UGH WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME. NOW WE REALLY DON'T HAVE A CHANCE/NOW WE'RE GONNA LOSE OUR LEAD. And then half the time the person who dc'd is the person I've been telling in my head to play better or do something different or something.

The reason I don't go easy on teams with a DC is because, well for one they wouldn't do the same for me. Also, there's still my progress bar on the line. I'll take any wins I can get, and especially with being forced to take so many losses because of DCs on my team, I'm not gonna let anything slip through the cracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom