• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Neato Nifty

jaddasroots

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jaddasbranch
So am I the only one who's been playing ranked or occasionally turf war, and see someone do something I had no idea you could do?

In my case one time during tower control on camp triggerfish, I was sniping and hanging back and picking people off behind the scenes, but this one roller on my team who was around me, kraken'd then super jumped to the rest of his teammates. It never occured to me to super jump with a special (though you can probably only do it with Kraken and Bubbler practically). The sight of a kraken taking off made me laugh the ugliest laugh, but I learned that was something you could do. Since then in tower control since I like to play support in the rear no matter my weapon, Having my special ready and jumping to my team is definitely a way to give a nasty surprise to the enemy.

Is there anyone else who's had this happen to them? Playing a match be it Ranked or Turf and thinking "wow thats neat" about someone on your team?

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Its actually better to do the opposite, jump and kraken as you approach the ground. The way he did it, wasted a lot of his special :p Its a nasty suprize for anyone trying to camp your super jump landing though.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i may try this in the trial area so that i don't have to use the krak-on in an actual fight (i don't roller very well yet).

i saw some buckets and rollers swimming along the walls in the sides of arowana when making an attack to get the jump on opponents (and also to get additional range on their attacks).

some machine gun players have a really weird way of moving in almost a zigzag that is surprisingly difficult for me to shoot with my squiffer, then they pop in and kill me. it's amazing that players with meh range guns can still get in for kills like this -- i want to learn, but i don't tend to use the lower-ranged machine guns.

i also learned how to use burst bombs with e-liter/carbon to get kills on people who think they've gotten the best of you (but are sorely mistaken). i'm not as good at it as some people i've seen... i guess i need to try ranked with different weapons.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I've learned some pretty cool ways of getting around on stages thanks to watching enemies. Now, I never use the lifts on Saltspray because you ink in the pipes right next to them.
Also, good sprinkler locations. Those sorts of things

But I have to agree, after getting killed multiple times by someone who saw with buffed up throw distance on burst bombs, I'm sort of in love with the sub weapon now. They're quick killers when people are on ledges or when you're range/ speed fails you in general.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Its actually better to do the opposite, jump and kraken as you approach the ground. The way he did it, wasted a lot of his special :p Its a nasty suprize for anyone trying to camp your super jump landing though.
Perfect, we just need to splat this one super jumper and we can take the tower for the win

kraken appears out of nowhere

jaddasroots

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jaddasbranch
I definitely agree I kinda disliked burst bombs but after using them with the slosher lately they're a good way to butter someone up for a kill instead of trying to go for the 2-3 hit kill a slosher takes. Plus a burst bomb makes a distinct hit noise when it hits someone hiding in ink, making a good approach into enemy turf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom