• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Need info on drinks

karl childers

Full Squid
How much of an impact do drinks have on probability? Does the effect ever wear off? Does scrubbing your gear effect it? Is the effect stackable?

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
Drinks last 20 games just like the other tickets
They increase the probability of rolling the ability from unlocking it by 50%, NOT FROM USING MURCH TO REROLL.
Only 1 ticket effect from crusty sean can be in effect at a time (not stackable)

karl childers

Full Squid
They increase the probability of rolling the ability from unlocking it by 50%, NOT FROM USING MURCH TO REROLL.
Only 1 ticket effect from crusty sean can be in effect at a time (not stackable)
Thanks. Has anyone made a guide on this yet? Trying to figure out the most efficient way of getting pure gear.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The drinks menu shows you brand affinity.

For example, SquidForce gear leans to ink resistance up as a common ability for sub slots. Their white headband you're given at the start of the game is ink recovery up. If I want a pure version I'd need to wait for an ink resistance up version to pop on Annie's shop or find someone in the square wearing it. Once I have it upgraded it to three slots, I then use an ink resistance up drink to increase the chances of ink resistance up subs for all three slots.

That help any?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I've personally never seen Annie selling gear that has the same primary ability as brand affinity, so I'm not sure it can happen. If not, your best bet to roll a 4x "pure" is to use brand-neutral gear (Grizzco, Amiibo, and Cuttlegear). Or stick with the brand affinity and farm chunks to put on your pures--I believe the math works out such that, even for 60 chunks, this method is liable to be faster.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@MindWanderer, It takes quite a while, but eventually you'll see Annie selling a brand affinity you can pure out. Or someone wearing it. But yeah~, that requires patience and luck!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@MindWanderer, It takes quite a while, but eventually you'll see Annie selling a brand affinity you can pure out. Or someone wearing it. But yeah~, that requires patience and luck!
Have you personally seen this? I've yet to witness, in-game or on the app, any gear that matches the main ability to the brand.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So far, just in the app. That new coat (cold-blooded)--the one you see advertised with the albino inklings--I didn't have enough money for and wanted to thematically match my ink resistance Annaki beret... ;_; And a few nights ago there was the purple Rockenberg tee with run speed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So far, just in the app. That new coat--the one you see advertised with the albino inklings--I didn't have enough money for and wanted to thematically match my ink resistance Annaki beret... ;_; And a few nights ago there was the purple Rockenberg tee with run speed.
I hate to burst your bubble, but I think you might be mistaken. I went looking on https://twitter.com/SplatNetStore for the two pieces of gear you mention, since that's basically an archive of what's been on sale, and I don't see any that have brand + main synergy that have happened in the last week.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Cool, that'll be far more useful than going through the app and it's load times.

I can't find the coat in the archive yet... could've sworn there was a version with a cold-blooded main when I saw it somewhere. Found the Rockenberg shirt though. Maybe I misinterpreted "Common gear ability" per the app as something other than brand affinity? Bah!

Oh well~! I'll continue hoping for brand affinity mains like someone hoping for playable octolings.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Common gear ability seems to be their wording for brand affinity, yeah.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I have seen many swim speed main + krak-on shoes gear. PK Fuzzy owns one.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I have seen many swim speed main + krak-on shoes gear. PK Fuzzy owns one.
I'll keep an eye open for them!

No idea who PK Fuzzy is but do you have a pic or video link to help confirm?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'll keep an eye open for them!

No idea who PK Fuzzy is but do you have a pic or video link to help confirm?
Yes, to use a classic internet phrase, pics or it didn't happen.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I have a pair of those, just got them yesterday infact, first pure I've gotten after a long streak of doubles and no third slot ._.

Guess this means I'll we'll have playable octolings then. =p

I might need those shoes... Did you pick it up from the shop, the app, or order from someone?

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
Where does it say 50%?

I tested a small sample of 31 rolls on unfavored brands (Favored>Neutral>Unfavored>Disfavored)

I got 9/31, so that's 29%. The difference is 23.3%, instead of the 5.7%.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Where does it say 50%?

I tested a small sample of 31 rolls on unfavored brands (Favored>Neutral>Unfavored>Disfavored)

They're talking about gear EXP, that's increased by 50%.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
Where does it say 50%?

When you win a game look at your gear. On the left there is a little ability icon of the drink you're using with a "1.5x" next to it.
I also read it from some datamine figures (don't have the link anymore but I'm sure some Google searching could fid it quick)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom