• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Need some opinions to help me decide

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
So I have ordered two items from Spyke. They both are Splashmob-Headgear but have different Main Abilities.
One of them comes with Opening Gambit (Striped Beanie) the other one with Quick Respawn (Retrospecs).

I just can't decide between the two of them and I'd like to buy only one of them for now (as I'll have to put additional slots on both and will probably reroll to get 3x Ink Saver Main).
Opening Gambit is a great ability as it helps me rushing forward. This is definitely of help in both Turf Wars and Splatzones. But it only lasts 30 seconds so its just a temporary boost and helps just once.
Quick Respawn on the other hand is..well I normally don't like to prepare for death but, you know, sometimes you just die and you'll have to respawn. Quick Respawn would help me in those matches especially if I die more than once so the boost would be more consistent than that of Opening Gambit.

So I have to decide between a 30 second boost helping me to get an early advantage or a consistent buff that helps me in case something goes wrong and I die more than once.
I'll probably get the second one later, but for now I'd like to focus on one of them and use the other two order slots for other items.

So which one would you guys take?
Rest of the gear is going to be Special Charge up + 3x Ink Saver Sub(Already rerolled this one) and Ink Resistance + 3x Ink Recovery up(one of my other orders, probably gonna have to reroll for this one, too.)
I'm personally leaning towards Opening Gambit as there are cases where Qucik Respawn just does not do anything because I don't really die that often.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
Opening Gambit is really good in my opinion. A big advantage at the beginning of the match is more likely to win you a game then saving a second or two on respawn time. Plus, if you only die once or twice, quick respawn is pretty useless. I guess Gambit is more high risk high reward, while quick respawn will be the less risky option.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Yeah that is in fact why I am leaning more towards Opening Gambit.
As I usually don't die that oftens I'm not quite sure whether it would be beneficial to prepare for death. (It's more that I'm not sure how good Opening Gambit is. But it indeed helps to see that you like Opening Gambit.)
Thanks for your opinion! :) I'll take it into account as a +1 for Opening Gambit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom