• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Nerfs and Buffs

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Here is my nerf/buff wishlist for Splatoon 2.

*Buffs:

Jet

Increase painting by 20%

Increase damage to Baller by 50%

Eliter

Restore range to S1 range.

Flingza Roller

Increase painting by 10%

Dynamo

Increase painting by 15%

Increase damage to bubbles by 95%

Carbon

Give it Burst Bomb

Or

Increase damage to 150.

Hydra

Increase duration of volley by 1 second.

Gloogas

Increase shot velocity when in turret mode by 50%.

H-3

Remove all loss in accuracy when jumping.

Slosher

Increase movement speed in between sloshes by 5 frames.

Tentabrella

Increase damage of exterior shots by 10%

Tentamissles

Let teammates see enemies when locked on (Cold Blooded shortens this for all except missiler).

Inkjet

Increase minimum indirect damage to 47.

Respawn Punisher

You get the same effect after dying that your opponent does when you splat them.

Thermal Ink

Thermal effect is brighter and more visible.

Nerfs:

Splattershot

Replace Splashdown with Tentamissles.

Nzap

Increase points needed for special by 10.

Splattershot Pro

Decrease shot velocity by 10%

Tri Slosher

Increase likeliness of missing your opponent because of spaces in between parts of a tri-slosh.

Rapid/Rapid Pro

Decrease damage on the very edge of the blast zone to 33.

Blaster

Increase points needed to get special by 10.

Splat Brella

Increase time it takes shield to close before doing anything else by 5 frames.

Splashdown

Make AOE closer to the lines shown to players.

Make AOE of superjumping Splashdowns the same as a normal one.

Remove all invincibility frames.

Increase the amount of time after Splashdown before you can do anything else by 20 frames.

Bubble Blower

Make enemy shots do x1.1 damage to your bubbles. Your main of Object Shredder reduces this to x.9

Sting Ray

Remove AOE effect from the base of the beam.

Ink Armour

Remove all frames of “transitioning invincibility”.*

Special Power Up

Has diminishing returns on Bubbles Blower

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Here's my thoughts. I've been splatted quite a bit while Ink Armour is "activating", so I think it has a good trade-off already. Those invincibility frames don't do much for me. As for the Splat Brella, I'm all for that change. It takes a long time to activate, so having the shield last long is a good trade-off. It could be used as a large shield to protect other team members, and benefit your team more than yourself. I think transitioning the Splat Bella to a full-on support weapon, basically a big team shield that isn't practically as a actual offensive weapon, could be a good unique use for it. Right now, the Splat Brella is a mess. I'm not sure what purpose it serves, it feels like a big heavy weapon but what is does doesn't make up for the long lag the Brella has to open up. Anyways, good patch notes! I'd love to see some of these implemented.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Tenta-Missles would straight up become as powerful as echolocator in the first game.

While Sting Ray's AoE effect is incredibly powerful, removing it would revert it to the weaksauce pre 1.30 version. Which mind you, made Stingray by far the worst special in the entire game. Combined with the recovery time buff would make it even more awful than it was before.
However, i not exactly know what you mean with the "base of the beam". Does that mean it loses it's shockwave effect entirely or only at short-range?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Tenta-Missles would straight up become as powerful as echolocator in the first game.

While Sting Ray's AoE effect is incredibly powerful, removing it would revert it to the weaksauce pre 1.30 version. Which mind you, made Stingray by far the worst special in the entire game. Combined with the recovery time buff would make it even more awful than it was before.
However, i not exactly know what you mean with the "base of the beam". Does that mean it loses it's shockwave effect entirely or only at short-range?
By the base, I mean the Inkling-sized space at the very start of the beam. The rest would remain unchanged.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Here's my thoughts. I've been splatted quite a bit while Ink Armour is "activating", so I think it has a good trade-off already. Those invincibility frames don't do much for me. As for the Splat Brella, I'm all for that change. It takes a long time to activate, so having the shield last long is a good trade-off. It could be used as a large shield to protect other team members, and benefit your team more than yourself. I think transitioning the Splat Bella to a full-on support weapon, basically a big team shield that isn't practically as a actual offensive weapon, could be a good unique use for it. Right now, the Splat Brella is a mess. I'm not sure what purpose it serves, it feels like a big heavy weapon but what is does doesn't make up for the long lag the Brella has to open up. Anyways, good patch notes! I'd love to see some of these implemented.
The invincibility of Ink Armour happens when it is destroyed. There are a few frames where the armor starts disappearing, but the effect is still there. It really screws over some weapons, like Squeezer, that have a slower time to kill.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I agree with everything but the Splattershot nerf, I really doubt they'll change the special for it when that would take tons of reprogramming and an endless wave of complaints would be inevitable. I think they should just raise the special point requirement to 210 and slightly increase the ink consumption for it. Not to mention the Splashdown nerf you suggested is enough to impact the weapon greatly since part of the reason why it's so good in the first place is the fact that you can Splashdown + Burst bomb for an easy kill.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Here is my nerf/buff wishlist for Splatoon 2.

*Buffs:

Jet

Increase painting by 20%

Increase damage to Baller by 50%

Eliter

Restore range to S1 range.

Flingza Roller

Increase painting by 10%

Dynamo

Increase painting by 15%

Increase damage to bubbles by 95%

Carbon

Give it Burst Bomb

Or

Increase damage to 150.

Hydra

Increase duration of volley by 1 second.

Gloogas

Increase shot velocity when in turret mode by 50%.

H-3

Remove all loss in accuracy when jumping.

Slosher

Increase movement speed in between sloshes by 5 frames.

Tentabrella

Increase damage of exterior shots by 10%

Tentamissles

Let teammates see enemies when locked on (Cold Blooded shortens this for all except missiler).

Inkjet

Increase minimum indirect damage to 47.

Nerfs:

Splattershot

Replace Splashdown with Tentamissles.

Nzap

Increase points needed for special by 10.

Splattershot Pro

Decrease shot velocity by 10%

Tri Slosher

Increase likeliness of missing your opponent because of spaces in between parts of a tri-slosh.

Rapid/Rapid Pro

Decrease damage on the very edge of the blast zone to 33.

Blaster

Increase points needed to get special by 10.

Splat Brella

Increase time it takes shield to close before doing anything else by 5 frames.

Splashdown

Make AOE closer to the lines shown to players.

Make AOE of superjumping Splashdowns the same as a normal one.

Remove all invincibility frames.

Increase the amount of time after Splashdown before you can do anything else by 20 frames.

Bubble Blower

Make enemy shots do x1.1 damage to your bubbles. Your main of Object Shredder reduces this to x.9

Sting Ray

Remove AOE effect from the base of the beam.

Ink Armour

Remove all frames of “transitioning invincibility”.*

Let me know your thoughts.
When you say increase painting on Flingza, which type of fling? If it was the horizontal fling, then the Splat Roller would have to be change, and that's already OP, I mean, really good.

I don't think Nintendo could change any sub or special on a weapon. AllToonedUp already mentioned this, but people would get triggered and complain how their main is ruined.

Also, buff Undercover Brella.

I took complaints from DUDE and other people in other threads to make these buffs:

Increase minimum damage to 10
Increase maximum damage to 50
Decrease how damage decreases during fall off damage by a little
Description: This would make it a two shot kill at close range, but the fall off damage can still be able to kill someone.

Increase shot speed by 10%
Description: This would make the Undercover Brella a fast-killing assassin weapon, which is what I think it was meant to be.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
When you say increase painting on Flingza, which type of fling? If it was the horizontal fling, then the Splat Roller would have to be change, and that's already OP, I mean, really good.

I don't think Nintendo could change any sub or special on a weapon. AllToonedUp already mentioned this, but people would get triggered and complain how their main is ruined.

Also, buff Undercover Brella.

I took complaints from DUDE and other people in other threads to make these buffs:

Increase minimum damage to 10
Increase maximum damage to 50
Decrease how damage decreases during fall off damage by a little
Description: This would make it a two shot kill at close range, but the fall off damage can still be able to kill someone.

Increase shot speed by 10%
Description: This would make the Undercover Brella a fast-killing assassin weapon, which is what I think it was meant to be.
Not sure exactly what you're talking about with the Flingza's painting being really good, so I'll let you respond to that.

I know the likeness of a weapon's kit being changed is basically 0, but I think it's one of the only things they could do right now to balance the thing.

I think making it a 2 shot might break the game, especially with how fast the thing charges Splashdown. The damage should be increased, but only to about 45 maximum.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I'll also add something that I forgot before.

Add diminishing returns to Special Power Up on Bubbles.

For some reason right now, SPU has no (or very little) diminishing returns when used on weapons with bubbles. This should obviously be changed.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Not sure exactly what you're talking about with the Flingza's painting being really good, so I'll let you respond to that.

I know the likeness of a weapon's kit being changed is basically 0, but I think it's one of the only things they could do right now to balance the thing.

I think making it a 2 shot might break the game, especially with how fast the thing charges Splashdown. The damage should be increased, but only to about 45 maximum.
Umm, I didn't say the Flingza's painting was OP...

It would only be a two shot if you hit both shots, like how you have to hit all three shots in Carbon Roller Range in order to kill anything.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Umm, I didn't say the Flingza's painting was OP...

It would only be a two shot if you hit both shots, like how you have to hit all three shots in Carbon Roller Range in order to kill anything.
Sorry, but I still don't fully understand what you're saying. First you were talking about painting with Flingza, then something about the Splat Roller, and now damage and Carbon? I guess you could say I'm a little lost!:rolleyes:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I edited and added some stuff to the list.

Nerfs:

Special Power Up
Has diminishing returns on Bubbles Blower

Buffs:

Respawn Punisher
You get the same effect after dying that your opponent does when you splat them.

Thermal Ink
Thermal effect is brighter and more visible.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Quick Respawn would be so helpful if it could count on your first life. It would be helpful to get pushes going from the start especially in rainmaker, but still wouldn't be OP because you still can't kill anyone.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Quick Respawn would be so helpful if it could count on your first life. It would be helpful to get pushes going from the start especially in rainmaker, but still wouldn't be OP because you still can't kill anyone.
QR is already starting to make a comeback in Japan. I don't want Splatoon 1 again.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Honestly, it's better the way that it is now because in 1 there was literally no counter against it aside from itself.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Well requiring you to get 0 kills to have the benefits is a pretty huge nerf, and I don't really understand why you can't get the effects on your first life, which can at many times be the most important.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Well requiring you to get 0 kills to have the benefits is a pretty huge nerf, and I don't really understand why you can't get the effects on your first life, which can at many times be the most important.
QR isn't even all that needed. Swim speed will get you to the same area at the same speed (or faster), and works for the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom