• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Anti-Seeker Tech Discovered!

B0NK

Inkling
That's crazy! I always thought they were good but I've never thought to jump over them.

This tech is game breaking.

I agree with @Meloetta's name for this new tech.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I found this out yesterday xD. The moment I found this out, is the moment they became dead to me. The only useful thing, that's always useful. Is they are a point seeker, that you don't have to spend ink on. It'll reveal the enemy position if you pressed and held the launch button prior to them submerging in ink.

I think bunny hop, would be a better word... even flop. You can just flop over them. :D so if you are killing them and they fire this, you can pretty much kill them uninterrupted.

Ink seekers are excellent if no one knows it is coming. But I'd rather have the ink mine. Because no one ever knows they are coming. You have to actually have a perk to see it, and it doesn't mean you will always see it, if I place it out of site, being obstructed by an object

Boltasar

Inkling
NNID
Boltasar
I found this out yesterday xD. The moment I found this out, is the moment they became dead to me. The only useful thing, that's always useful. Is they are a point seeker, that you don't have to spend ink on. It'll reveal the enemy position if you pressed and held the launch button prior to them submerging in ink.

I think bunny hop, would be a better word... even flop. You can just flop over them. :D so if you are killing them and they fire this, you can pretty much kill them uninterrupted.

Ink seekers are excellent if no one knows it is coming. But I'd rather have the ink mine. Because no one ever knows they are coming. You have to actually have a perk to see it, and it doesn't mean you will always see it, if I place it out of site, being obstructed by an object
The greatest problem I have with the inkmines is that rollers just waltz on not caring, and the explosion goes off long after the roller is gone. Other than that, inkseekers have some nice uses like long range inking (it leaves a trail of ink), escape trails, or just forcing your opponent to react in a fairly predictable way.
Inkmines are great at keeping control over an area, or holding choke points, if the enemy has no rollers I tend to even place a mine in one choke point and focus on another, generally informing me that someone tried to get to my back, by a nice splatted indication. Inkmines are also great at keeping a splatzone, because after the enemy hits it with their ink it will detonate and just rewind all their work.

Edit: this is especially true in the skate park where you have two half sized zones, one inkmine can generally take over the zone, when placed in the right spot.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
This post is up there with the splooshy spray (sry can't find the thread for credit). Grade A satire :p

Vespher

Inkling
NNID
Vespher
Thanks a lot for all the tips! I really learned a lot from this thread. Up until now, I've always had serious problems with seekers, but not any longer! Its going to take a while to learn this insane tech, but it looks like it will be pretty consistent once you get it right.

Xenoda

Inkling
NNID
Xenoda
Thanks a lot for all the tips! I really learned a lot from this thread. Up until now, I've always had serious problems with seekers, but not any longer! Its going to take a while to learn this insane tech, but it looks like it will be pretty consistent once you get it right.
glad to hear it helped! this is how i git'd gooder

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Careful around walls though, you can still get caught in the blast. They're so devious on Port Mackerel because of this.

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
guys a good exchange for ink recover for roller? (head gear)

NNID
Kchunxty
Wow, why do I always forget about jumping. I think we should call it some ridiculous combination of names that's always changing with the only consistent word being "hop".

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
Yeah, I've been able to pull this off. It works nicely in a pinch.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I think its dumb, that everyone feels, every little thing needs a name; give it a rest.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
This isn't much of a discovery. have been doing this ever since I ran into a seeker. And since this "tech" is only viable against seekers, there is no reason for it to be named at this point.

Krozo

Full Squid
NNID
KrozoMagnus
This isn't much of a discovery. have been doing this ever since I ran into a seeker. And since this "tech" is only viable against seekers, there is no reason for it to be named at this point.
I think most of that was sarcasm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom