• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New DLC Map Ideas?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
If nintendo does release more maps, they'll all be a surprise, more or less. With that in mind, What stages new maps would you like to see in the coming updates?

I'd enjoy a map based on the single player levels, like the carnival, or (if octolings would come already), an octobot king techno club, with light show and fun stage elements. No matter what though, jellies have to be in each new stage. it's tradition, after all.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
a stage based on a quarry. where the middle of the stage is at a lower elevation (kinda like moray towers) but is wider and less charger-friendly

stage based on an office, a pivot , hiagari xD lol

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
A stage with the single player elements, namely the turret. Just 1 turret in the middle for epic fights on which team gets to control it.

Also would like a huge flat plane with no obstacles, like final destination. Epic sniper fights or other swim speed up ambushes. Since it's a "boring" map, could be only for Private battles.

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
It's a shame that none of the single player mode gimmicks made it into the multiplayer stages. I'd like a multiplayer map that uses the sponges, or perhaps a map where both team's ink is invisible to the opposing team where the center area is two large invisible moving platforms parallel to each other. And invisible walls for cover from enemy snipers as everyone tries to fight their way across the platforms. Doubt that would be possible though.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I put this up on TV Tropes some time ago, but this is my list:

• An art museum.
  • An airport terminal, runway, or hangar.
  • A scrapyard or junkyard, or a landfill.
  • A schoolyard, or a school building and its immediate surroundings.
  • A park or golf course.
  • A factory.
  • A parking lot. (As in a ground floor parking lot for a business or a cluster of businesses.)
  • A street intersection.
  • A stadium designed specifically for ink competitions.
  • A fine-dining restaurant.
  • A performance theater.
  • A supermarket.

Relados

Senior Squid
Since we knew about Bluefin Depot and Kelp Dome through the Inkstrike single player missions, I at first expected the Inkopolis stage (the same as the game's tutorial) to be playable by the same logic. I thought it would have been interesting to have a stage that wasn't symmetrical like all the others.

Of course, that stage definitely isn't multiplayer viable, but it would be cool to see some of its features elsewhere, like a huge open skatepark with a lot of small ramps but not much cover, or the glass walls separating one segment from the other.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
I would really like to see a cathedral. Or something equally gothic/majestic. I know it doesn't really fit with the style of stages we currently have, but I'd like to see some more ideas that move away from the more industrial/city settings. Although the idea of a carnival/fairground does sound appealing. :p

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
what I think is that they should make a stage that is conected with walls and main platforms everywere (just out of reach of jumping)
Also a stage thats a upward climb almost strait upward (like moray towers reverced) with a huge area in thye midle with two towersin the corners for sniping.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

Wasn't there a file name in the update data that suggested an office stage would be playable? That would be pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom