• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Game Mode ideas for Splatoon 2

MineNAdventurer

Inkling
NNID
Minen
Switch Friend Code
SW-5954-4096-8791
I want to see what ideas for Splatoon 2 can possibly be cool for this game-
My idea is a 8 player free for all where the top 4 who get the most ink are the winners and you go on the map on 16 different spawn points and you super jump to 1 randomly from floating platforms that are far apart so each person cant splat each other from them.

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
My idea is a 8 player free for all where the top 4 who get the most ink are the winners and you go on the map on 16 different spawn points and you super jump to 1 randomly from floating platforms that are far apart so each person cant splat each other from them.
That might be to chaotic but that would also be fun. If I could add a gamemode I would add a special weapons mode when you recharge your special weapon every 10 seconds. Then that would be REALLY CHAOTIC

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
The idea I had was something like a tournament mode? Not really sure what it would be called, but as you queue up, you're assigned a random weapon set. The players on your team in the first match make up your team for the rest of the run, until your team loses. Maybe even have it like an Arena run in Hearthstone where it has a cost to get in, and you can get rewarded with sea snails at high numbers of wins. (Re-reading this, this mode already has uncanny resemblance to Arena from Hearthstone lol)

I doubt it will be a mode, because it's too easy for players to queue dodge if you get a bad weapon set or don't like the team. But I could see it as a thing if it was just like a just-for-fun-one-and-done type deal.

Kingjolly

Inkling
Objective game mode like how Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warefare or Overwatch do it.

Attackers vs defenders, capture or defend all the points to win. The devs could go all out with the the maps and manuevability of squids to traverse the big levels in all sorts of manners

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Graffiti: Both a fun artsy thing and a competitive one. in Single Player Graffiti lets you create ink art then export pictures. In multiplayer you get Graffiti Tag Mode, where you need to tag landmarks to score points and the most points wins.

Parkour: A mode that challenges you to race a course as fast as possible, and allows you to bring a weapon. Single Player is basically Time Attack, letting you race to beat the clock. Multi Player is a Race or a Synchro competition - Race has you going up against other players in the same course, while Synchro is about following the leader (or a Course Ghost) as they lead you around.

Octo Gear/Octoweapon mode: In singleplayer, a pastiche of Titanfall story mode starring an Elite Octoling and her trusty new Octo Gear. In multiplayer, you can either play it like a Titanfall pastiche with the Octo Gears replacing your Specials, or as a team-VS-1 challenge where the 1 gets the Octo Gear and the others must cooperate to defeat it.

MineNAdventurer

Inkling
NNID
Minen
Switch Friend Code
SW-5954-4096-8791
The funny thing is i just realized i accidentally made two of the same threads

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I always thought a survival mode would be fun. As in the stage becoming a danger zone with traps. Like for example a map that fills with water and kills any Inkling left behind. And rather than killing your opponent, you sabotage their escape and trap them in your ink in order for them to be washed away, while you also help your team by spreading ink and allowing them to move ahead. Until there is only one Inkling left, whose team would be the victor, or until the first Inkling manages to reach the top.

MineNAdventurer

Inkling
NNID
Minen
Switch Friend Code
SW-5954-4096-8791
I Got a new idea; Mural War: Identical to Turf war but instead you paint as much on the wall as you can, this could also have a variant Free For All like i mentioned before.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
With how satisfying the Swimming/Inking Mechanics are, A race mode of some sort might be pretty interesting.

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
Wave mode-Team of 4 versus increasingly difficult Octarian enemies defending a point. Please. I want more PvE options.
Would really love this. Was hoping we'd get something like this as DLC in the first game, I'd gladly pay a Season Pass premium to have something like this announced for a later date.

Also wouldn't mind a Four Team 2v2v2v2 mode with four colors or an elimination mode where once you're splatted you're out until the next round and the surviving team wins the round.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I would like to see a mode where Super Jumping were implemented to a whole other level. Possibly in some of those PvE game modes you have several places that you have to defend, and you need to jump to said places. Or perhaps something else that my 1 am brain can't think of lmao.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
Its a bit silly but i always wondered why they didnt have a ranked mode for turf war. Maybe they considered splat zone too similar?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I'm thinking about a mode with powerful A.I. enemy's vs player team.
It could be fun to overpower them using team work tactics and would be very playable in single player too.

or just a co-up story mode.

DynomiteDiamond

Inkling
I had an Idea For a Soccer Mode, Where the Spawn Points are replaced with nets, and there is a ball in the center. You would have to splat the soccer ball to get it to the goal. If you already know, when you shoot the traffic cones while testing weapons, they have physics that they could borrow from

LordNgyes

Inkling
My idea is a mode called "Hurricane." It contains 2 4-player teams (as always) and whichever team gets the most splats wins. But there's a catch! 30 seconds into the match, a silver (and slightly smaller) Rainmaker called the Hurricane will appear at the center of the stage. Unlike the Rainmaker, you don't have to carry the Hurricane to a goal (because there are no goals). It's just used as a powerful weapon that the teams can fight over and use it to easily splat people.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Its a bit silly but i always wondered why they didnt have a ranked mode for turf war. Maybe they considered splat zone too similar?
It's not that they're too similar, it's that TW doesn't have any way of implementing the 100 - 1 point mechanic which is strictly mandatory for every Ranked mode. As such, Splat Zones was the only thing close enough. If you disagree, tell that to a $40 Billion + worth group of game designers, cuz coming up with game modes that 1. Aren't broken 2. Don't make any weapons overly bad for it 3. That people actually want to play 4. Mostly easy to learn 5. Isn't TOO complicated and you'll realize: it's freaking hard to do! I've been trying for ever to figure out how this would work, but I haven't been too successful with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom