• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New gear system

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I'm surprised to see that no one else has mentioned it before, but apparently we'll get a new gear system:

Now that's really interesting, scrubbing slots and keeping the abilities in a bank to reuse them later! It definitely sounds better than it was in Splatoon 1, since it gives you more freedom over your slots.

What do you guys think about it?

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
The new gear system seems like fun. It looks to be more user-friendly than Splatoon 1's gear system, which is
definitely a plus. Being able to store abilities you don't want on a piece of gear for use elsewhere is a really cool idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of builds people make, and customizing my gear with:ability_damage: and :ability_bombrange:.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
I haven't seen people *not* talking about this, but I suppose you've just not been in the right place at the right time.

I am reservedly optimistic about it. I think it's a good step forward, but we still lack some very important elements of many competitive games that have yet to be acknowledged, and as I understand the service is still peer to peer.

In general this should be a good change though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom