• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

New interview on Splatoon 2

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
What I like about this, is it implies Salmon Run is NOT a temporary mode that pops up on and off as they have made it sound in the past...makes it sound like you just have to train up a bit in turf war, hit level 4 and boom...Salmon Run ^_^

I would definitely like 100% clarity on that bit though. I think temporary Salmon Run being available online is a horrid idea and cuts down content players want (the PvE aspect)

tollock

Inkster Jr.
What I like about this, is it implies Salmon Run is NOT a temporary mode that pops up on and off as they have made it sound in the past...makes it sound like you just have to train up a bit in turf war, hit level 4 and boom...Salmon Run ^_^
Having to be at least Level 4 and Salmon Run being event-based thing aren't two mutually exclusive things though. It could just as well be both and right now I'm thinking that's what it'll be.

However, they haven't really given a definitive answer yet, so there may be a sliver of hope...

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Having to be at least Level 4 and Salmon Run being event-based thing aren't two mutually exclusive things though. It could just as well be both and right now I'm thinking that's what it'll be.

However, they haven't really given a definitive answer yet, so there may be a sliver of hope...
Yeah I am eager for a definitive answer...I can sort of understand they don't want to split the fan base too much that group finding becomes really slow, but at the same time, not everyone likes a PvP setting. The more I do look at it though, the more I can see Salmon Run getting REALLY repetitive until they add more depth and variety to it.

Colorfull

Inkling

I would definitely like 100% clarity on that bit though. I think temporary Salmon Run being available online is a horrid idea and cuts down content players want (the PvE aspect)
I have a feeling that SR will be able to be played by yourself as an option, but that's probably just me daydreaming about the game.

Edit: Just reread the article and it does sound like that you can play it by yourself or local, but online will be an option as well (after reaching level 4).

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I have a feeling that SR will be able to be played by yourself as an option, but that's probably just me daydreaming about the game.

Edit: Just reread the article and it does sound like that you can play it by yourself or local, but online will be an option as well (after reaching level 4).
i hadnt even considered the possibility of playing SR by myself...I hope I can at least have AI fill the slots, or I do not think I would do very well XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom