• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Maps, Gear, And More Coming To Splatoon!

When the first Nintendo Direct was announced since the passing of Satoru Iwata Nintendo fans were excited. Well in proper fashion Nintendo brought on the announcements and talked about how they would be keeping Splatoon VERY fresh. New maps, gears, a special tournament, and more were all included among the announcements so sit tight and get ready for some exciting news!

Inkoming Stages!

Let's start with the two Inkoming stages: Museum d’Alfonsino and Mahi-Mahi resort! Museum d’Alfonsino features five rotating platforms that Inklings must travel across and maneuver to achieve victory. With lots of famous artwork parodied throughout the stage it is bound to be fun to fight on. Mahi-Mahi Resort has a unique gimick where the stage starts off partially covered with water and halfway through the battle more turf becomes available.

FORTY, yes FORTY new pieces of gear will be coming to Splatoon in the next update including winter styles to choose from. A large selection was shown off by SplatoonJP, the official Japanese Splatoon Twitter account. With so much new gear to try Squids will surely be staying VERY fresh!

Also announced in the direct was a special tournament announcement! The Nintendo Treehouse will be hold a special 'Splatournament' set to be streamed live on Nintendo's Youtube and Twitch channels. The tournament will also show off various options for tournament rules as well as details on how to set up tournaments both in person and online.

Excited for all this news? Let us know in the comments below and don't forget to stay fresh!

Comments

oh, man, this looks awesome.....
can't wait to get my hands on this stuff!
(Also, I see they've finally added those Blue Sea Slugs that were advertised at Arowana. 'bout time.)

the fang mask looks amazing, so here's hoping it's brand/main ability are great/decent. (Please don't be bomb range up main.)

D
This is absolutely amazing. I can't wait for the update!

Yeeeeeesssss! That fang mask looks sick! Please don't make it a bad ability Nintendo....

So excited! The Museum looks awesome! Gonna have to order some of these! Here I come, Spyke!

Guys, i've managed to find the patch notes for this update:

Ranked Match

Results Pages

Adjustments Changed:

The display of the results screen in Ranked Battle. Players will be listed in the order of their winning percentages in the last 10 matches for the current mode (Wins - Losses). Previously, players were listed in the order of the number of enemies they splatted. This adjustment was made since there are other ways to contribute to the team’s victory that cannot be measured in numerical terms. The winning percentage will not be recorded in Regular Battle, Splatfest, Squad Battle, and Private Battle, so the results page will remain the same. When the users’ Ranks go up, the winning percentage will be reset.

Battle Adjustments :

Fixed the issue in which the blasts from Blaster weapons don’t quite reach the opponent even though the direct hit marker (x) is displayed while taking aim.

Adjusted the amount of damage that rollers inflict when rolling over Splash Shields to match the amount of damage they inflict when rolling over opponents.

Adjustments were made in Tower Control so that Sprinklers placed on the towers break when they hit the ground (The Sprinklers previously only broke if they were placed on the ground and were hit by the towers)

the fang mask looks amazing, so here's hoping it's brand/main ability are great/decent. (Please don't be bomb range up main.)
It's forge and it has special saver. So it's completely up to you if it's good or not.

Oh yeah, for everyone, there's a new gear that's a krak-on with cold-blooded (F YEAH)

A-m-a-z-i-n-g! Hopefully it looks cute too.
splatoon.jpg

it's the one on the right. and is it just me, or is she giving off some serious harry potter vibes. imagine if splatoon had it's own version of harry potter.
Squid Potter and The Order Of The Kraken (that's the best i've got, better harry potter/splatoon jokes is very much welcomed)
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/ where i found the splatoon gear pic.

Last edited:
Sooooo excited for the new maps. They're not like anything we've currently got.
Tiny gripe though, but did the octoglasses really need last ditch effort? We already have two glasses that have that main. Can't we have some variety?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom