• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

New RP Interest Thread

Would you like to see this idea become a full RP?

• Maybe.... If a couple things were changed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. This idea does not interest me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
Hey everybody! I've just thought of something that I thought was cool and felt like sharing.
...And... HEY! Maybe with enough support, I might go and make it a thing. So, here goes.....

Time: Unknown
Date: Unknown

It's far into the future of Inkopolis.... FAR into the future. Inkopolis has evolved into a land of electronics, gizmos, flashing lights, colorful buttons, and many other fancy future-type things. It all started on a day just like any other. The streets were bustling with people trying to get to work and robots trying their hardest to get people to follow the speed limit. Inklings were at play with their fancy new weapons equipped with only the finest and updated technology that was available. (You'll have to use your imagination to fathom that much concentrated pure-awesomeness.) Not to mention they all had programmable robots to help out too, whether it be chores, shopping, or even out on the battlefield. Yes... Robots. But then, suddenly a bright flash of light occurs. Sparks fly, power goes out, and even Turf Wars come to a halt. There, just atop NEW Inkopolis tower, lays an ominous spinning vortex.... Probably of death. Just as the townsfolk fear the worst, out pops what they could faintly make out as a living creature.... Then another, and another, and.... a rock.... The vortex wasn't a spinning vortex of doom, it was a spinning vortex of TIME! Spewing out anything that was unlucky enough to be sucked inside and sent to this perilous new time period. After a long time of spewing things from the past onto the top of New Inkopolis tower, the time vortex disappears, without a trace. The only problem now, is that the the world is starting to crumble and compress upon itself due to a large fluctuation in the time stream. It seems that too many people and things from different time lines all thrown into the same place is a bit too much for the universe itself to handle. So now, with the help of the brilliant future scientists, citizens, .... and yes, robots, the creatures of the past search for the answers to:
"Why did this happen?"
"How do we get home?"
and...
"WHERE THE HECK IS THE BATHROOM?!"
"What are we supposed to do now?"

The search is on to find a way to send them all home. How will their actions in the future and absences from the past affect the world around them? How will they all adapt to their new surroundings? Most importantly.... WILL THEY EVER FIND A BATHROOM? How will they get home? These answers and more..... are up to YOU!*

Disclaimer: It is up to anyone who participates. Not just one sole user. Sorry, can't have just ONE person stealing all the glory.

Well, what do you guys think? It's an interesting idea right? Remember, it's just an idea and not a literal RP..... But... It could be.....
So, just tell me what you guys think. If enough people actually want to do this, then I'll see about setting something up.
Thanks, everyone!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hey, it's awesome you have an idea! Ooh, I'm guessing a Sci-fi genre for this RP?

Like, what kind of characters would be ideal for this RP? Scientist-y characters?

Would there be a way to solve these time-shenanigans? Or is it just, constant state of chaos? (Any ideas for an end-goal? Maybe someone made this disaster happen... to bring something back?)

:0 So, our RPers get whisked away, and need to go find home.... Is this like... a Wizard of Oz kind of thing?? (*u* I love all things wizard of oz)

(Hey >u> on another note, could I ask a favor of you?
I've been trying to come up with a post to revive the RP interest thread, [RP Ideas? Post Them Here] since these types of threads are sort of a staple of RP forums and it's been inactive for a while.... Would it be too much trouble to ask you to post this in there?

:0 Some of the other GMs and I were considering getting some of the "important threads" stickied.. a lot of them have been inactive... but i'm hoping to change that within the week.
>o> Could you possibly copy this post over there? It's exactly the sort of thing the RP square needs more of, and there's even a place made for it!)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Aykorn
So... You want me to delete this thread, then post it over there as a copy/paste job?
... No, wait.....
BETTER IDEA....

I'll copy/paste this into your thread, then, I'll make this one the OOC/Interest thread. How about that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to answer your question... I was thinking about giving the player full creative range with their characters. I thought they could play as one of those from the past or as someone from the future. They can be anyone..... But I may revise that later. Depends on the interest level this gets.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Aykorn
So... You want me to delete this thread, then post it over there as a copy/paste job?
No, that's not fair to you. The other thread's been inactive so long that it's easy to miss. I would just really like to see it revived with ideas, such as this.

So... nah, man.
This is your thread. Let's discuss thing on it.

So, what kind of characters do you see being part of this RP if it were a thing?

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Aykorn
And to answer your question... I was thinking about giving the player full creative range with their characters. I thought they could play as one of those from the past or as someone from the future. They can be anyone..... But I may revise that later. Depends on the interest level this gets.
This may answer your question, I hope. I was actually planning on working out the details if it gained enough interest.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Thanks for that!
But seriously. I think after showing some initiative, you deserve your own thread. ^u^;;

So someone from the past... maybe like, and Octoling before the great turf war? Someone destined to be in the Squidbeak Splatoon under Cap'n?

(>u> I seriously need some sleep, I'll bug ya later I guess if you plan on waiting for interest.)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Aykorn

Sure! But it doesn't have to stop there, it could even be from the modern era, the cave era, or.... well, any era. The choice is the player's.
((Another thing about me is that when I set something like this up, I usually like to allow the most creative freedom possible.... Under a few guidelines, of course.))

And that's fine too. I'll probably be bugging you later too. (0u^)
But probably not....

Ayykari

Senior Squid
This seems like a really interesting concept! There may be a few things to work out, but it already looks like it's coming along nicely. A question, though, since you said you wanted players to show creativity:

How would animals/non-sentient creatures be handled? Would other eras be getting visitors from another time, as well? Or is it just future Inkopolis?

I'm asking because I think it would be hilarious to see dinosaurs amongst Inklings.

Last edited:

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
That's all pretty darn interesting. At this point, I'd say that all that is stuff to be worked out later. But.... Probably. But like I said before, I'd need some interest to be shown before I start working out the bugs and kinks. But, hey. Visiting other time eras seems pretty cool, just as long as it doesn't mess up the main plot, of course. As of right now though, New Inkopolis would be the merging point of every timeline. As for non-sentient creatures..... I'd say for now, they would either be played by a GM as an NPC or as a pet by a player. Who knows?

@Ayykari

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
By the way, everyone, if you have a suggestion to make this better, please don't be afraid to tell me. All criticism welcome!
Also, don't forget to vote. I'm counting each vote as interest, so please vote wisely.
Thanks!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hmm, I think you've got a good place to start, but it's going to need some more polishing to get it somewhere.... Like for instance, how would the game flow work? Players post, then get back to the GM, rinse and repeat; or maybe more free form?

I get that's what you'd work on if the idea shows interest, but what are you thinking?

(ack, I've been writing this thing for the forum for a while, would you bug me to get it up soon? I think it could help your idea.)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Aykorn
I think the RP would run on a system where the players aren't relying on the GMs, but the story would, if that makes sense. I suppose in other words, players could write out whatever they want as long as it makes sense in the current context. The GM's are the ones who change the context. That's what I'm thinking. Oh, and GM's are always welcome to mingle with the players too as if they were one. If this system doesn't quite go off, then we could just default to the default system.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
Well, I think there's enough "Ink"-terest for this. I'll start working something up and we'll see what I can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom