• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Stage ideas?

kilusion2011

Inkling
NNID
darkthief2011
There's already 4 confirmed stages in Splatoon 2 and a return of Morray Towers.New stages are gonna come and so will returning stages.What would you guys like for a stage and/or what stage would you like to see a return to?

I would like to see a space themed map and a stage that's inside of a mall.

Laseraxis7

Fluorescent Inkling Spawn
I have a lot of ideas for stages:
-beach
-temple
-volcano
-space station (out of context)
-cruise ship
-laboratory
-snowy place

Just to name a few.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hmmm, a carnival might be a good fit for a stage with moving platforms...

I just want a stage with a saltspray aesthetic design, I love the look of saltspray...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I want themed after an arcade...with arcade cabinets and perhaps UFO catchers! It could have more than one floor somehow in a opened up way.

I know, we have a location for a place that MAKES games, but that's a entirely different setting.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
A stage of just grind rails.

And the majority of the turf is the inking of those rails.

Octarian war factory
Map full of environment hazards. Like a factory full of hydraulic pressers and steam exhausts and molten metal.

Last edited:

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
An underwater dome, a stage of nothing but bridges floating on inner tubes in the middle of an ocean (watching your step is just as important as splatting enemies and inking territory), a carnival is a good idea as mentioned above...

Really I am a fan of stage hazards so those implemented in any way would be cool

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
Hmm. . .the thing about Splatoon is that it's "90's cool," with the new stages revealed for Splatoon 2 in particular seeming to channel that. The artstyle has also been brightened up a bit, offering opportunity for old stages to have some new pop.

In that light, Arowana Mall coming back would probably be the best fit for me personally out of potential options for returning stages. It fits the 90's look to a T and the artstyle tweak would make a particularly sharp improvement on it.

Before I come up with ideas myself, I think I'd like to think further on a couple of the suggestions above. The carnival/theme park idea in particular I have one specific thing I'd want to see out of it because it's a recurring detail and that's enough to make me curious: I want it set next to the Ferris wheel seen from Inkopolis Plaza and The Reef.

As far as laser tag goes, perhaps it could be an arena where the lights are darkened slightly and your ink is lit up as though it's under a blacklight? That might be an interesting and unique look. Laser tag arenas tend to be darkened and then given flashy glowing lights everywhere, so it might be cool to channel that. Of course, my idea for it might be too much work. . .

The beach and the snowy location above would both fit the 90's aesthetic in being home to surfers and snowboarders respectively, and they would also make lovely travel destinations in general. Umbrellas and beach towels carelessly left unattended being coated with ink, cozy log cabins with jellyfish wearing winter hats and holding hot cocoa looking out the windows. . .

I want to agree with arcade since that's pretty fresh, but it's also the setting for the local multiplayer lobby so I worry that might mean it's not an option. . .

As far as having a grind rail stage goes, it doesn't have to be entirely grind rails. . .but yes, have a multiplayer stage with grind rails on it. A lot of stages. Many stages. . .at least one stage plz. Have the budget for grind rails, I will you. :ability_comeback:

As for me brainstorming unique stages. . .hmm. . .would a zoo be wrong? Part of me is curious what on earth Inklings would keep in a zoo, and part of me wonders if they'd keep a zoo in the first place or if they'd allow ink anywhere near the animals if they did. I mean, there's so many different kinds of sapient species in Splatoon, but snails and slugs seem to still be treated as food and pets respectively, so. . .

An airport stage might also be interesting. More specifically -inside- the airport, folks on vacation don't typically go on the tarmac. Maybe luggage conveyors on either side and a snack stand as a vantage point in the middle or something?

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
id like to see some awesome Nintendo themed maps.
like a dope Metroid based map would be sick.
or a mushroom kingdom map :scared:

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
id like to see some awesome Nintendo themed maps.
like a dope Metroid based map would be sick.
or a mushroom kingdom map :scared:
Unfortunately enough I'm pretty sure the Splatoon devs would reject that for lore reasons considering their reason behind not having non-Splatoon Amiibo. As much as it would be amazingly awesome amazing.

And of course, that won't stop me from thinkling about it in some capacity or another.

. . .

Oh, I forgot this one had double grind rails.

. . .Oh squid, double grind rails. Imagine riding one grind rail, and splatting a squid riding another grind rail. . .Splatoon stages are kinda compact, you know with a layout in the ballpark of this it'd happen.

Why did I make myself think of that now I want something too awesome to actually happen. :(

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
Unfortunately enough I'm pretty sure the Splatoon devs would reject that for lore reasons considering their reason behind not having non-Splatoon Amiibo. As much as it would be amazingly awesome amazing.

And of course, that won't stop me from thinkling about it in some capacity or another.

. . .

Oh, I forgot this one had double grind rails.

. . .Oh squid, double grind rails. Imagine riding one grind rail, and splatting a squid riding another grind rail. . .Splatoon stages are kinda compact, you know with a layout in the ballpark of this it'd happen.

Why did I make myself think of that now I want something too awesome to actually happen. :(

agreed :(
just seems like such a perfect fit with all the vivid colors haha
those colors SCREAM Nintendo :D

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
agreed :(
just seems like such a perfect fit with all the vivid colors haha
those colors SCREAM Nintendo :D
Well I mean, I guess we can look at the bright side on Nintendo stages. . .

Maybe. . .maybe some crew of archaeologists will find a Nintendo system and make a set of museum exhibits out of the games. You know, for science.

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
Well I mean, I guess we can look at the bright side on Nintendo stages. . .

Maybe. . .maybe some crew of archaeologists will find a Nintendo system and make a set of museum exhibits out of the games. You know, for science.

we can only hope haha

Oka Chokka

Inkster Jr.
Fort Trevally - An old fort used by the Inklings during the Great Turf War, carefully preserved and ready for Ink Battlers to relive history.

Manta Airlines - An airport.

Cucumber Junkyard - A junkyard.

Fiddler Beach - A beach.

Mount Scallop - A ski resort.

MV Paddlefish - A steamboat ferry.

I made up these names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom