• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Weapon Inkoming: Rapid Blaster Pro

HI squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo has just announced its weekly content update for Splatoon! This time, we are getting hit with the Rapid Blaster Pro.

The Rapid Blaster Pro is equipped with the Seeker sub weapon and the Inkzooka special weapon. It has a fire rate of 30 (equivalent to the Luna Blaster's fire rate) but a range of 65 and an impact value of 35.

While some people are dubious regarding the Rapid Blaster Pro's competitive viability, I still look forward to seeing how this weapon performs in tournaments! If you are level 16 and have 11,200 coins in the bank, you will be able to pick up this new weapon later tonight!

For more fresh Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

With the incoming nerf of Blaster's direct hit damage, blasters like this will become more viable imo
Well it's the indirect hit damage that's mostly being nerfed, which doesn't account for any Rapid Blasters, including this one.

Anyways, so this weapon looks interesting! I like the range on the Rapid Blaster main weapon, but my favorite thing about it is its fast fire rate, which this weapon has less of. Definitely sticking with my Deco too because of the sub and special on that one.

Well it's the indirect hit damage that's mostly being nerfed, which doesn't account for any Rapid Blasters, including this one.

Anyways, so this weapon looks interesting! I like the range on the Rapid Blaster main weapon, but my favorite thing about it is its fast fire rate, which this weapon has less of. Definitely sticking with my Deco too because of the sub and special on that one.
Indirect, yes. I read the mis-translated English log which listed it as direct damage.

Lovely, been waiting for this weapon forever :) I'm interested to see how it'll settle itself in the meta along with the regular Rapid Blaster after the 2.2 patch ;)

I still reckon people will still use the luna, they both have the same fire rate and special.

Plus misplaced rapid shots are still a 3HKO whereas the luna can still one hit directly.

Meh, definitely gonna wait for the Deco version as it's Disruptors will allow it to do something once the enemy gets inside it's huge dead zone.
The set of this one isn´t that great in general. The inkzooka´s use is limited here because this weapon already is a long range weapon. As for the seeker bomb, it isn´t viable enough in close range and since the blaster has huge range, the seekers won´t be that good on long distance either. This set lacks both offense and defense when it comes to close combat. Disruptors change that, so I´ll be waiting as well.

So, I'm gonna assume quite a few of us are excited for the octobrush nouveau as well, yeah?

A brush with superb close combat skills with splat bombs and inkzooka! Chargers will never be an issue again! Rollers will never be safe!

Also, this weapon also seems cool as well. :P

So, I'm gonna assume quite a few of us are excited for the octobrush nouveau as well, yeah?

A brush with superb close combat skills with splat bombs and inkzooka! Chargers will never be an issue again! Rollers will never be safe!

Also, this weapon also seems cool as well. :p
Isn't it Burst Bombs?

D
The range and fire rate on this is very impressive. I wonder how well this will fare before and after the 2.2.0 update.

The range and fire rate on this is very impressive. I wonder how well this will fare before and after the 2.2.0 update.
I say in the hands of someone with good aim it'll be a monster. So...I won't be the one to bring out it's potential, I'm just now practicing on motion controls. Seekers and inkzooka will keep everyone at a distance.

Not well. :L
I mean it really just doesn't make sense to give this thing Seekers when rushing in is the last thing this weapon wants to be doing. A single shot creates a long path anyway. I suppose it'll be good at picking off snipers from their perches, but that's about it. Other weapons will just get inside it's dead zone. I'll still be trying it regardless though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom