• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Weapon Type Concepts/Ideas

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
I don't really come to Squidboards too often. However, I figured that since I made a concept art for a new kind of weapon type, I should share it.
Feel free to post your own thoughts and feedback in this thread and perhaps along with your own kind of weapon type ideas.

So here is my idea of how a "Pen" type weapon can work. When held down, you can travel quickly like a brush. When you tap, it does a spear-like attack animation. This animation, of course, slows your Inkling movement down. Depending on the balance of the weapon, it might 1-3 shot with a direct hit of the pen. During the animation, it leaves a thin ink line below it and at the end of the animation, it will do a Brella/shotgun ink spread at the end. You could also change this idea that instead of a thin trail, it just looks like a charger trail throughout. Inklings that weren't hit directly by the weapon but the shotgun spread at the end of the attack gets fall off damage.
Variations were stuff I found online. Fine type pen weapons will ink less but travel quicker while bold type pen weapons will travel slowly but ink more. Fountain pens affect the spread so there's less RNG to the shotgun affect while Rollerpoint pens will create more spread and RNG. There can be more variations thrown in, but these are the examples I made. They could probably throw markers and pencils and such in this category.

So, what do you guys think?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A blender special that sucks down one or two squids... and does its thing. Very dark, but Nintendo these days love making cute kiddie games into pointlessly dark series, so it would be fitting.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
I came up with this idea a while back...

The Burst Charger!

Charges up like a splattling.... but fires 3 charger shots at 0.75 sec intervals when released! Would take same time to charge up as the hyrda, using 1/4 of an ink tank to charge fully, and using a further 1/16 of the tank every second you keep it charged at max.

Would have splat bombs and tenta missiles.
Still working on the artwork for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom