• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Newish to the game looking to get competitive

DevZSplatZ

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3481-4223-9626
So I've been playing Splatoon 2 for about a week and a half and I've been trying to get into competitive by playing alot of ranked matches (Though I'm avoiding Rainmaker and Clam Blitz for various reasons..) Any tips for someone getting into the ranked scene? I'm pretty decent with dualies and I've just found a love in using the sploosh-o-matic gun.

Saltysulty

Inkling
do what you can and find what you like! what abilities do you want on your gear? are you defense or offense? maybe both! do you like close or long range? these are pretty basic things but keep playing and you WILL find a suitable playstyle for yourself!

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Keep playing. Don't avoid rainmaker or clam blitz because you're gonna have to play them. I actually love rainmaker... I'd say wait a while before looking for a team to go competitive. Get to B or A rank (or S or S+ if you wanna) then look for other players around your skill level to play with. Ask questions on these boards when you have them if you're having difficulty handing certain modes or situations or weapons or whatever it may be. Watch players on youtube like ThatSRB2Dude, Rocketek, Sendou, Silver. Heck I learned a bit from Etcesona when I first started playing. These people have gameplay, videos/tutorials on specific topics as well as videos on getting into the competitive scene. I'll link one at the bottom from DUDE. All in all, find your bearings in terms of the different maps and modes, weapons and such. If you're having trouble figuring out what gear to use on your favorite weapon go ahead and ask and people will have answers for you along with much more. The best thing you can do at this point having only played about a week is to just keep at it learning the game and learning from other people who already know the game well. Anyways good luck and here's the video. PLEASE watch all his other videos along with finding other youtubers. They're SO helpful and you'll learn a lot from them. Just remember to be conscious of what you learn in them while you're playing.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
So I've been playing Splatoon 2 for about a week and a half and I've been trying to get into competitive by playing alot of ranked matches (Though I'm avoiding Rainmaker and Clam Blitz for various reasons..) Any tips for someone getting into the ranked scene? I'm pretty decent with dualies and I've just found a love in using the sploosh-o-matic gun.
Not to break your thunder but you can’t get into competitive if you have only been playing for a week and a half, but here is a tip if you want to get into competitive, play Rainmaker and Clam Blitz, you need experience in all modes

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
If you're looking to get into competitive, squidboards is a good place to start. There are tons of guides and groups for you to join here.

However, I see that you're a bit green (no offense) when it comes to this game. You've only been playing for a week, so you should give yourself time to figure out your weapon / playstyle first. That's the most important part, since it helps you have fun in what can be a very aggravating game.

If you don't figure out what you like to play immediately, don't sweat it. It took me a year or so to figure out my main. And since then, I've been training up to become more and more consistent with my play. I'd just recommend using all the weapons and seeing which ones you like / have an affinity for.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom