• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

News Update: More Potential Super Mario Sunshine Crossover Leaks

Recently Squidboards reported on a potential leak that would say some sort of crossover between Splatoon and Super Mario Sunshine would be coming sooln, with a potentiall new weapon in F.L.U.D.D. and amiibo compatibility with the Mario amiibo. Recently, a total of nine pictures have surfaced which could poitentially point to this crossover being a real possibility. Keep in mind this is E3 week and fake leaks are certainly a possibility as are real leaks.

Among these recently released pictures include the picture with an inkling taking on Petey Pirhana as well as Mario in squid form all done in the art-style of official artwork. On picture focuses directly on the Mario squid while another shows both pictures together.

This art showing what looks to be concept art of new gear that is heavily themed in Mario style with a Yoshi hat and Mario outfit. The shirt farthest on the right is also shown available for purchase within the game in a screenshot. Another screenshot shows "New Gear" in Mario's Hat, Overalls, and Boots.

The F.L.U.D.D. is also shown within a screenshot as a potential new weapon. Presumably all of these weapons and Mario related gear would be unlocked with unique challenges provided by the Mario amiibo (similar to the current Splatoon amiibos). According to one final screenshot these will all become available on August 14th. Real or fake? With Nintendo's E3 digital event coming soon, we just might find out, but feel free to leave those initial impressions in the comments below!

Comments

Seems fake. I don't believe that sunshine render or outfits and the art all seems fanmade.

I want this to be real.
Like, so badly.
Especially if we get single-player Inkbrush stuff like the pic with Petey Pirahna suggests.
Or just more single-player stuff in general really, that was fun but a bit short.
But I'm not 100% sure this is real (except the Perpetrator Tee, pretty sure that's gonna be a thing), and there was another fake thing with Sunshine and Splatoon a while back, so I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for now.
But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Nintendo did this or something like it. The comparisons between Sunshine and Splatoon have already been made, so this sems like a logical next step.
Now if the Bowser Jr. amiibo gives us some stuff too, I'll be so happy.
Or if the Luigi amiibo gives us ice physics-y challenges (because he's slippery). That would be cool too.

Obviously fake, the eyes on the boy inkling in that one image don't match at all to how he looks in the game or the official art.
Also really don't want this to be true either. I want amiibo support(additional to the splatoon ones) and I don't mind some small sunshine references/things but not that much.

I'd be fine with some Sunshine material but I just really hope Nintendo doesn't go overboard. I'd also like to be able to unlock character gear if you use certain amiibo...

Fake or not, I still really love that painting of Petey! Also the Inkling in that picture is holding Bowser Jr.'s brush from Sunshine so that could be a new DLC weapon as well, that is of course if this leak is real.

Didn't the SMS thing get confirmed that it was fake earlier?

But yeah, this looks fake also; the concept art with the Inking boy looks more like fanart and the screencap with the t-shirt looks photoshopped. But the art with Petey Piranha and the FLUDD look real, though. But if it was real, they would mention something about it during the E3 event (which they didn't), so the Treehouse stream might be a better bet.

Shoot, I don't know what to believe anymore. oo;;

i'd like some sort of super mario sunshine crossover, but i feel like having mario himself in the game feels extremely out of place. i doubt the legitimacy of this one but hey, you never know.

i'd like some sort of super mario sunshine crossover, but i feel like having mario himself in the game feels extremely out of place. i doubt the legitimacy of this one but hey, you never know.
Well he might not actually be a part of the game. He could just show up as an amiibo, in the amiibo box behind and to the right of the starting point in Inkopolis.

Also, regardless of whether this is true or not, I'm still hoping for more amiibo compatability, just because the first three were fun.

I'm almost certain this is fake, but I want sunshine DLC. It is very thematic for Splatoon, and due to the impact the Mario series has had on pop-culture I wouldn't be surprised to see inklings running around in Mario costumes (as opposed to Mario himself) as the game does reference pop culture a lot (graffiti, tourism etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom