• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Next Japanese Splatfest Announced: Maruchan Noodle Flavors!

Attention squids and kids: the next Splatfest to hit Japan has been announced and the two things battling it out look to be very unique. Famed makers of instant noodles and ramen Maruchan have gotten a spotlight in Splatoon as two flavors of their instant noodles are on both sides! Maruchan Red Fox Udon takes on Green Tanuki Soba with Japanese inklings deciding which will come out on top. While this might be more difficult for inklings from other regions to decide on this Splatfest for themselves, it should nonetheless be curious to see.

This will take place from July 3rd through the 4th starting at 6pm the 3rd and ending at 6pm the 4th. With the North American Splatfest (Cats vs Dogs) being rescheduled to July 4th as well as Pop vs Rock in PAL regions, it will be interesting to see if the servers can manage this mass of inklings. Get ready to grab that extra fresh Splatfest gear, pick that favorite weapon, and spread some ink!

Comments

Hoo boy, this is going to be quite the heated Splatfest. I can imagine a lot of rivalry between both sides, though it might only be for fans of Maruchan; those who prefer other brands are probably going to pick the closest thing to what they prefer.

Interestingly enough, Maruchan also seems to have a presence in America so I wonder if the next NA Splatfest will also be based on that choice.

Interesting topic for their Splatfest! I enjoy Maruchan noodles, but never really heard of these flavors before. Probably Japanese exclusives.

Shoot, this makes me want some ramen now. lol

(And if our Splatfest is ever gonna be Coca-Cola V. Pepsi, I'm defiantly Team Pepsi.)

Heh, all I've eaten of Maruchan's ramen is their chicken flavored ramen noodles. :P

By the way, shouldn't it be Red Kitsune and Green Tanuki over Red Fox and Green Tanuki? The hiragana reads "Kitsune", and I know it means "Fox", but "Tanuki" didn't become "Raccoon" or "Raccoon Dog". Just pointing out a possible error in the post.

Heh, all I've eaten of Maruchan's ramen is their chicken flavored ramen noodles. :p

By the way, shouldn't it be Red Kitsune and Green Tanuki over Red Fox and Green Tanuki? The hiragana reads "Kitsune", and I know it means "Fox", but "Tanuki" didn't become "Raccoon" or "Raccoon Dog". Just pointing out a possible error in the post.
Tanuki is a borrowed word(just like sayonara, karaoke, karate, etc), so it's often not translated as racoon dog. Kitsune hasn't been borrowed, so it's simply red fox.

My goodness, this is the product placement we were warned about when we first started up the game...

I find it interesting that initially all the regional Splatfests were going to be on different days and now they've deliberately all been placed on almost the same day.

Hoo boy, this is going to be quite the heated Splatfest. I can imagine a lot of rivalry between both sides, though it might only be for fans of Maruchan; those who prefer other brands are probably going to pick the closest thing to what they prefer.

Interestingly enough, Maruchan also seems to have a presence in America so I wonder if the next NA Splatfest will also be based on that choice.
Every Region will have a different Poll

So Japan gets a second splatfest set while North America doesn't even have its first one... Thanks, Nintendo >:c

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom