• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NEXT SPLATFEST ANNOUNCED! Cars Vs Planes! (NA)

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Man, this is a tough decision depending on where you want to go. If it's close by like for me going to conventions or mall, I'd take the car/bus. But if it's out of states like Florida or other countries, I'd rather do by plane.

There's also the fear of accidents on both sides. But I'd have to go to Planes since I dream to go to cons outside of NJ and travel to other countries like Japan or Philippines. Unless someone tells me how to drive a car across the ocean.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Cars.. as long as i aint driving; Although you dont get free peanuts in cars... hmmm.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Squid Research Lab said:
On one hand, you can stop whenever you want in a car but you also spend more time getting to your destination. Air travel can be a bit more stressful but you get free snacks!
I'm pretty sure you can get "free snacks" on a car trip too. Just remember to pack some first!

Honestly, I'm going with Cars on this one even though I'm wary of both. I've taken some car trips and never felt as fearful as I would on a plane.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
Hmm. Not the best theme (especially after the last theme) but it's better than the Transformers one at least. I'm excited for it, Team Car all the way!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
When traveling very long distances, planes will always win, but cars are far more practical in daily living.

I'm not sure which I'll pick, I have to give it some thought. I really want to be on the winning team, I've lost every single Splatfest so far. :/

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Planes :B
because you can't get to certain places via car lol

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Planes because I go overseas a lot. You get faster there even with domestic, I have an overactive bladder and I am afraid of traffic jams because of it and planes have bathrooms in them. I also am prone to carsickness because I do not drink much in car rides due to my issue and sometimes gets horrible headaches.

The only only Splatfests I won were those due to my biology (hot dogs hurt my stomach more than marshmallows and I went marshmallows) and I am aquaphobic (went with roller coasters because waterslides involve water I do not care about exposing myself to). Let's see if this trend continues.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I won't participate but I'm a car enthusiast. I'm scared of planes.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Planes are nice for further travel and ironically more safer than cars. But unless I'm constantly going overseas and have money to spend, I think I'll stick with cars. Here's hoping I don't lose this time.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I won't participate but I'm a car enthusiast. I'm scared of planes.
Oh right, my husband is a car enthusiast too. Good thing I am the only one in the household so far who plays this game though.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Ugh such a lame theme, anyway i guess i'll go with cars rather drive over the speed limit than sit and wait a couple hours

Relados

Senior Squid
I think we can live with a subpar theme this time around, since NA has gotten possibly the best Splatfest themes to date.

jackabee

Inkling
NNID
Jackabee24
Kind of a disappointing theme what with it being October (the amount of possibility for spooky themes, they have been denied us!) and that Japan literally has a Squid vs Octopus theme this time, but...I'll play for Team Plane. Mostly because it'll be Marie's team; I love traveling but I hate car and plane rides. /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom