1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Next Splatfest...

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by girigiriHERO, Jun 26, 2016.

1. girigiriHERO

girigiriHERO Guest

I'm sure we've all seen it by now, it will most likely be Callie vs. Marie. I've always been a Marie fan just 'cause I think she looks better than Callie even though they are both amusing while talking to each other.

2. ShinyGirafarig

ShinyGirafarig Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ShinyGirafarig
    Flip it to Marie vs Callie so each supports the other in that order to mess with everyone.

Coleo&Idea and Mr. 9 like this.
  3. girigiriHERO

girigiriHERO Guest

I always thought that would be a funny thing to do before the end of this Splatfest. I'd be torn...

4. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Already posted the punchline of Gomigomipomi's strip from tumblr in the Early Bird vs Night Owl thread, but what the hey: (read down then up)
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Source

#4 Ansible, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Smashling79, Coleo&Idea, Dual and 3 others like this.
  5. Ikaheishi

Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

A good part of me really wants a straight up Callie vs. Marie splatfest.

But at the same time, I don't want one because I don't think I can pick between them.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️ likes this.
  6. girigiriHERO

girigiriHERO Guest

if it's Charger vs Roller, Charger all the way. I eat Rollers for lunch www

Dual, Xanjos and LupusFreak like this.
  7. Xanjos

Xanjos Inkling

NNID:
    Xanjos
    If it would be a straight Callie vs. Marie I'd choose Marie no contest.
    Anyone using not a charger or roller in this scenario would be a traitor for their team.

Dual and ⭐️Zapfish⭐️ like this.
  8. girigiriHERO

girigiriHERO Guest

I suck with chargers, but I enjoy psuedo chargers like SSP and JS

9. Alscor

Alscor The Count
    Event Organizer

NNID:
    Andrew040909
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0777-5368-3880
    Either that or Raw vs. SmackDown, because whenever Callie says talk smack, she's referring to SmackDown, which means there's probably a WWE brand related Splatfest coming up, corresponding the brand extension and the draft starting July 19th.

10. girigiriHERO

girigiriHERO Guest

oh god please I hope not. Transformers was ok, but I have no interest in WWE (same with Spongebob). Stay away from liscences Nintendo and do things everyone can relate to.

11. LittleSkittleSoup

NNID:
    SkittlesInMySoup
    A Squidsister bowl would sound pretty interesting! My only fear is that there seems to be more Marie supporters than Callie.. :/

12. Airi

Airi Inkling Commander

NNID:
    radiorabbits
    If they ever created a roller vs charger Splatfest.... I wonder if we would be forced to use rollers and chargers only. Can't you imagine how much fun it would be to try and win a turf war with four chargers. xD Even better if the four chargers are four E-Liters. :p

I think it's possible that they could do a Callie VS Marie Splatfest - especially with the amiibos releasing soon. The amiibos will make them a lot of money. Naturally, Nintendo is going to want to sell them. Holding a Splatfest to advertise them would be a good idea to sell more of them. It would convince people, hopefully, to buy the amiibos. I think the banter was just that though - funny banter between the sisters. Not necessarily a hint or anything towards an upcoming Splatfest. :) But we will see how things pan out~ c:

13. Aori

Aori Don't get Cooked!

Your guess was pretty spot on since it was announced that Callie vs. Marie would be the splatfest. Though, I really wish it ended up being Marie vs. Callie, but considering how Callie literally snapped at Marie making a silly joke I guess I see why she's... voting for herself. I dunno, but I'm siding with Marie. I never really liked how snappy Callie was at Marie joking with her as a cousin. In no other version is she this... unlikeable? If I lived in any other region i'd have issues picking Callie or Marie, but yeah...

14. Coleo&Idea

Coleo&Idea Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Aschenfuss
    Callie - or Aioli in my country - is my choice. I like her cheerfulness. She annoys my depression which is very good. :)

The sassiness of Marie - or Limone - is too much for me sometimes. Reminds me of the bullies during schooltime :(

15. girigiriHERO

girigiriHERO Guest

so many people refer to their personality, but seeing as it's just quick conversations back and forth I see no personality whatsoever and no attachment, I just like Marie's style better

16. Xanjos

Xanjos Inkling

NNID:
    Xanjos
    Like i said before it's team Marie for me, the sass is really all most people say about her i regards to personality.
    I get the feeling that she will probably be the more popular one.