• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
During that heated arguement with Callie and Marie over the Early Bird vs Night Owl Splatfest it looks evident that we could be getting a Callie vs Marie splatfest. Which squid sister are you siding with? I'm going with Marie no matter what. I prefer green over purple and I lover her sleepy eyes.

Update: I've added a Splatfest stage voting poll for everyone to vote for their favourite stage. All credit goes to Lonely_Dolphin for giving me the idea. I voted for Museum D'Alfonsino :p

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I would be lying if I said I could choose one without feeling awful about it. I really like both of them too much!

I've been flaky on the last few Splatfests, not finishing any of them, but I would do my best to get to royalty. Maybe on both accounts, support both sisters! Choosing who I would pick on my main would be tough.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I wouldn't jump to deciding that's the theme just yet. They've had arguments before, and it's not like they choose the Splatfest theme themselves.

That said, I think I'd do one for each. They're both such fun personalities, it's hard to pick one over the other.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
This topic is gonna get people confused. Maybe.

Anyway, even though I've been with Splatoon since launch, I still don't know who I'd side with in Callie vs. Marie. :(

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
It appears Callie vs. Marie is official and the last splatfest.
I think they're going to start giving up on splatoon to make a sequel for the NX?

Last edited:

MelonBread

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MelonPann
WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN FINAL NINTENDO GOD DAMN
no announcement for nintendo of europe yet, only noa and noj

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The next Splatfest is confirmed to be the last. The Japanese Twitter and North American Tumblr have both confirmed it. We'll also be getting to vote on which three maps will appear as the final Splatfest stages. This is it. There won't be any Splatfests after July and, presumably, no more snails either. It makes me wonder if Nintendo is gearing up to announce Splatoon's sequel or if they're giving up on Splatoon.... I can't imagine them giving up on Splatoon though with how wildly popular - especially in Japan - it's been.

So I'm hopeful this sad situation will turn brighter in the coming future with a special announcement. :)

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Really sad to see the end of splatfests, but kind of excited for the theme as well.

Japan will be matched with Japan only while NA and Europe will be matched with each other, but the total results will be put together.

Splatoon sequel please!!!!!

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Team Marie.

I was hoping Splatfests would continue, as they're an easy way to get me to make time for Splatoon, but I understand Nintendo is all hands on deck for the NX.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Woohoo. Final splatfest. No more waiting 24 hours to play ranked anymore. Granted this isn't much of a problem anymore since i don't have school anymore for the time being. Honestly don't know who to pick. I mostly just see callie and marie as fap material so might just pick based on that.

I'm really gonna miss splatfest. The debates before and after the fest. The lag. The "THIS WAS THE WORST SPLATFEST EVER" that's essentially in every splatfest since the second. The lag. 24 freakin' hours with the same three stages. The lag. The beautiful night scenery (okay i actually really like this). The lag. Seriously why are americans more laggy than japanese players. Y'all are right above me and the japanese are halfway across the planet.

No but seriously, i'm not gonna miss splatfest. It was fun the first few times (kind of), but then it just kinda got tedious. Seriously would it kill them to let the maps continue to rotate and leave ranked available for those that want to continue playing it, or is it too much for servers or something, i don't know. And the music. My god that got old really really quick. The one in the plaza i'm ok with, but that repetitive battle theme holy ****.
Well, there's goes half the player base that only played the splatfest.

Last edited:

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
I'm not gonna lie this made me somewhat sad. But the again it's only a matter of time for Splatoon to get a sequal and obviously people are still gonna be playing so that's fine. What I'm more worried about is HOW AM I GONNA GET MORE SUPER SEA SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1!1!!!1!

P.S. #teamMarie

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I've participated in every Splatfest and fought for my side with pride, no matter what Squid Sister.
Pop.
Eating.
South Pole.
Singing.
Tidy.
Cats.
Ghosts.
Delicious.
Fit.
Ninja.
Pokemon Blue.
Hoverboard.
Spongebob.
Fancy Dress. (Costume)
Space Adventure.

7x Aioli/Callie
8x Limone/Marie

*snif* I'm going to fight for Aioli/Callie in this last one :(

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Of the 15 Splatfest we've had, I've been on the losing side for 2: Autobots (never watched the show, completely indifferent), and Science. I've also gotten the highest rank for all of them except one, where I missed it by one or two games.

I just know my luck is going to kick the bucket and I'll wind up losing the last one we get. I'll have to think about this decision, maybe read over their stage and festival commentary.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's Happening!!!.gif

Definitely not a fan of this being the last Splatfest though. I mean sure no one expected them to last forever, but I definitely thought more than one year was a given. It's the only way to play stages at night and get sea snails. Now new and recent players wont be able to fully experience this, and in general the game loses a significant feature.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
AAHHH AAA AAAGH OH NOOO HELP AAAH SO EMOTIONAAAL
(marie)
Now new and recent players wont be able to fully experience this, and in general the game loses a significant feature.
I suspect... that the amiibo will, as has been theorised, allow one to enjoy a Splatfest-style plaza at any time, at the very least. Potentially, they'll also let one play night-time stages in Private Battles. That'd allow the audiovisual aspect of 'fests to continue indefinitely, at least.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
AAHHH AAA AAAGH OH NOOO HELP AAAH SO EMOTIONAAAL
(marie)

I suspect... that the amiibo will, as has been theorised, allow one to enjoy a Splatfest-style plaza at any time, at the very least. Potentially, they'll also let one play night-time stages in Private Battles. That'd allow the audiovisual aspect of 'fests to continue indefinitely, at least.
So they took out an on disc feature and locked it behind a $13 paywall, awesome! :L

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Great theme!

But very sad to see that it's the last Splatfest, and I think it's a bad call on Nintendo's part; the Splatfests are a unique feature which tether the game-world to the real world in a way that keeps the game feeling, well, fresh.

And I shall miss Inkopolis by night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom