• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Nintendo Annoucing new Punch Out?

Do you want a new Punch Out?

• Go get 'em Mac!

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Better luck next time Mac...

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I'm not sure what to think of that. It does seem like Nintendo is teasing us with a Punch Out reference though. It also mentions E3 in the tweet, so that's also something. Then again, Nintendo likes to troll their fans with weird stuff.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
I don't think this means anything. Yes, we will get a Punch Out game eventually; it's inevitable now that Little Mac is in Smash Bros., but I don't think it'll be this year. I think Next Level Games would be working on a new Luigi's Mansion or possibly a new Mario Strikers above all else (or something entirely new).

That said I wouldn't mind a new Punch Out game coming, I've played all 3 and loved them. Well, maybe not so Mike Tyson's Punch Out. That's hard stuff.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Personally, I have only played the Wii Punch Out by Next Level Games (they make the Mario Strikers games and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon). If Nintendo is making a new Punch Out, now would be a very good time to announce it. Little Mac's popularity is at its peak right now due to Smash Bros. A new game in the series with more fighters than the previous games would be really great for Punch Out fans and boxing fans alike, I think. Also, is this the game that Next Level Games is working on? Possibly this is could even be Retro Studios' Wii U title (even though I would prefer them to work on Metroid). Guess we will find out tomorrow at 9am PST (noon EST).

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I personally really hope they do make a new one! It certainly seems like they're teasing something with Mac! I guess all will be revealed soon...

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
My fear is that they announce that the Little Mac amiibo will be compatible with Mario Kart 8, giving your Mii a Little Mac costume to race in...

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
My fear is that they announce that the Little Mac amiibo will be compatible with Mario Kart 8, giving your Mii a Little Mac costume to race in...
That's a good point! I hope it's something more than that.... Little Mac does deserve a bit of time in the limelight again.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
A Little Mac/Punch Out announcement cannot be the only thing announced tomorrow. Around this time last year we got the Mega64 video detailing Nintendo's plans for E3 2014. That is where we learned about the Best Buy Smash Bros. demos and the Smash Bros. Invitational tourney. So hopefully, we get something like that tomorrow. Also, I hope that there is some hint of Metroid tomorrow.

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
I think we all knew it was Reggie in that tracksuit, however, I think it would be awesome if Project Giant Robot became the basis for a new Punch Out.
Maybe not retreading the Wii version with new characters, but maybe Little Mech vs The World, or something differentiate it from the others.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
I think we all knew it was Reggie in that tracksuit, however, I think it would be awesome if Project Giant Robot became the basis for a new Punch Out.
Maybe not retreading the Wii version with new characters, but maybe Little Mech vs The World, or something differentiate it from the others.
That actually sounds... interesting. In all honesty, I'd rather see a new Punch-Out for 3DS. It would benefit greatly from having dual screen compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom