• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo has already included a Multiplayer tournament option?

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
So I happened upon this and apparently the tower is the tournament mode?
Omg this makes sense, and makes me believe that they are thinking more about the online multiplayer than I originally believed. Especially since the tower is the first thing you see in the central hub, and its a building bigger than everything else.
I just got more hyped.. Here is to the Splatoon team giving the fans a great multiplayer experience

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/21/nintendo-splatoon-preview/

"Players that enter the world of Splatoon begin and end their journeys in a hub world known as Inkopolis. It's from here that you'll enter a tower to begin multiplayer tournaments; enter a sewer for single-player campaign; approach an Amiibo box to play those additional campaign challenges; or shop for upgrades like shoes, hats and outfits." From the link provided. 4th paragrah

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
well hopefully it's a proper tournament set up like double elimination for teams
yah this is true.
But honestly if this feature means including a rooms that specific people can join. That would be enough to help with our own online tournaments. Alright *calms down expectations*, don't want to be let down lol

Reactions: Lyn

Mithical1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mithrandir37
If tournament mode can be added as DLC to Smash, I don't see why it couldn't be added to Splatoon if it isn't already in.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
If tournament mode can be added as DLC to Smash, I don't see why it couldn't be added to Splatoon if it isn't already in.
Definitely possible. I think it's kinda likely, honestly.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I've read this article, and no, I don't think so. I think it was a mistyping because if there was a tournament mode we would've seen a button for it already on the multiplayer menu, as seen in the 4/1 Nintendo Direct.

However, they could add it in the final copy of the game, or add it in an update, as stated above.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
yeah, nintendo has already been teasing post-release support in the form of adding new equipment to the shops, so hopefully they'll add entire new features like a tournament mode if it's not already in the base game
I think you're right, I was beginning to lose hype for this game but a lot of members are restoring hope for me. :)

I've read this article, and no, I don't think so. I think it was a mistyping because if there was a tournament mode we would've seen a button for it already on the multiplayer menu, as seen in the 4/1 Nintendo Direct.

However, they could add it in the final copy of the game, or add it in an update, as stated above.
I don't know about that, it could be in an off menu or something.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I think you're right, I was beginning to lose hype for this game but a lot of members are restoring hope for me. :)
let's not lose hope in the game quite yet :P

but considering it's nintendo and not a proven competitive friendly company like blizzard or valve, i wouldn't hold my breath on anything

with or without tournament mode, i think the game is going to do well, and if it's not in the base game, it's can always come into the game as an update

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
let's not lose hope in the game quite yet :p

but considering it's nintendo and not a proven competitive friendly company like blizzard or valve, i wouldn't hold my breath on anything

with or without tournament mode, i think the game is going to do well, and if it's not in the base game, it's can always come into the game as an update
Very true. online multiplayer will be the cornerstone. So hopefully the Splatoon team did what they said and did their homework on other succesful shooter games

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I don't know about that, it could be in an off menu or something.
Maybe, but I was saying that in response to the quote
"It's from here that you'll enter a tower to begin multiplayer tournaments"

The fact that that's all the article says about the tower, and not that its just for regular online matches, is what makes me believe the writer just put the word 'tournaments' there instead of 'matches'. Not necessarily a mistyping or error, just a kind of 'I don't actually know what word to put here'.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Very true. online multiplayer will be the cornerstone. So hopefully the Splatoon team did what they said and did their homework on other succesful shooter games
coming from competitive tf2 (jeez i'm saying this a lot...) i think the game's primary foundation will be online, and more high-profile tournaments will be at a physical venue. hopefully, features like LAN and tournament mode are built into the game so having a tournament at a physical location is easy

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Not that I'm trying to be a downer here, I do think Nintendo will add some sort of tournament mode. If Smash Bros has (or rather it and it's not even based upon competitive online play, then I'm sure Splatoon will

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Not that I'm trying to be a downer here, I do think Nintendo will add some sort of tournament mode. If Smash Bros has (or rather it and it's not even based upon competitive online play, then I'm sure Splatoon will
yeah, if mk8 and smash can have it, i'm sure splatoon will, as well. i just hope they do it well, like it's a real double-elimination style tournament mode for teams, and not just a really basic bracket like the kind found in previous smash games that aren't even used by the competitive community

Reactions: Lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom