• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo Multiverse... (not to be confused with Miiverse)

What series would you like to see revealed to share a universe?

• All

• Animal Crossing and Splatoon

• Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem

• Metroid and Star-Fox

• Xenoblade and Earthbound

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
What Nintendo series would you like to see sharing the same universe?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
None, really. Besides Mario and Donkey Kong, which share the same universe already. I think the franchises are fine being their own things.

Kirbyfan391

Inkling
I thought the idea of Metroid and Starfox being connected would be cool. I mean, Starfox is already connected to F-Zero, and Metroid is already connected to Kirby, which is connected to Mario(all these connections are via cameos or guest appearances by the way). So if Starfox connected to Metroid pretty much every Nintendo franchise that went through a space-theme is connected, except Pikmin I guess.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
How is Metroid connected to Kirby? I don't think Samus' cameo in Dream Land 3 counts as connecting the two universes. Is there anything else supporting it?

Kirbyfan391

Inkling
How is Metroid connected to Kirby? I don't think Samus' cameo in Dream Land 3 counts as connecting the two universes. Is there anything else supporting it?
Well, I count it. Plus, there are Metroids in that same area.
Though besides that Kirby can also turn into a Samus statue in Super Star, so there's that I guess.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
I thought the idea of Metroid and Starfox being connected would be cool. I mean, Starfox is already connected to F-Zero, and Metroid is already connected to Kirby, which is connected to Mario(all these connections are via cameos or guest appearances by the way). So if Starfox connected to Metroid pretty much every Nintendo franchise that went through a space-theme is connected, except Pikmin I guess.
You end up collecting a few Mario-themed items in Pikmin 2 (Peach's Crown, a tube of Mario Paint, maybe others), so there's that connection: Pikmin takes place in the future of at least the Mario universe if you consider that canon.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I don't think a poll would work for such an answer-varying question.

Anyway, I'd rather not see canonical connections between franchises aside from maybe a Mario and Kirby crossover or something. No, Game Theory, those cameos are just for fun, not proof. >3>

FairyLip

Inkling
Metroid, StarFox, and F-Zero all take place in the same universe, I think. I mean, they share so many similarities, it seems weird for them not to.

Earthbound and Xenoblade, though, is a weird idea, but an interesting one.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Metroid, StarFox, and F-Zero all take place in the same universe, I think. I mean, they share so many similarities, it seems weird for them not to.

Earthbound and Xenoblade, though, is a weird idea, but an interesting one.
It's weird for them not to be in the same universe because they're all of the sci-fi genre and the little references to each other put in just for fun? That doesn't really make sense to me...

CheezyTacos

Inkling
NNID
CheezyTacosTV
I think Animal Crossing and Splatoon would be great. Seeing Inklings and villagers together would be hilarious.

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I think Metroid and Xenoblade (specifically X) would make a perfect crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom