• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NINTENDO ONLINE PAY; YES OR NO? (POLL)

pay?

• yes, but 3 months price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, but monthly price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

supgamer76

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supremegamer2
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-9546-1673
site: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

if you were to pay long term, get the 1 year version. youll save $28 if you were to pay once for a year vs monthly.

also if you save about 18 CENTS a day, youll be able to afford the year price by September.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hmmm... so it looks like the the only way to have multiple accounts online, even with just a single console, is to pay for the $35 family plan.

On a side note, it seems they're trying to push Sushi Strikers given how they keep including in their list major multiplayer titles. lol

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Splatoon 2 as an online game, one that I absolutely love. $20/yr is chump change in comparison to the amount of entertainment I get from playing Splatoon 2.

This is effectively a no brainer for me. I spend that much money a month just for my Adobe suite, with a student discount. Compared to that, this is a minor expense. $20/yr is nothing astronomical, and we get a cloud service in the event anything were to happen to your Switch.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I hope we can use gold coins to help pay, but regardless yeah I've got no choice really.

DualBlade25

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haser
Switch Friend Code
SW-0688-5884-4388
Splatoon 2 as an online game, one that I absolutely love. $20/yr is chump change in comparison to the amount of entertainment I get from playing Splatoon 2.

This is effectively a no brainer for me. I spend that much money a month just for my Adobe suite, with a student discount. Compared to that, this is a minor expense. $20/yr is nothing astronomical, and we get a cloud service in the event anything were to happen to your Switch.
I wouldn't but I kinda have to since I am addicted to Splatoon 2. The only way to get it free is to get a Wii U and the first game :-(

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I don't really have a problem with paying a fee that low. I'll probly drop the 35$ for the family plan, and just ask 5$ from any of my friends who want to be on it.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Just wanna say that paying a year is a much better deal than paying for 3 months of PS+.

Cephalobro

Considering Splatoon 2 is going to be supported with more online content, I will gladly pay $20 a year to keep playing. Plus with NES games being played with someone far away is a bonus. The biggest relief is the cloud save. Other games with online features like Pokemon could benefit a lot from this.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
When does this come into effect?

Edit: found out it’s starting in September.
I’m a bit sad, I didn’t think Nintendo would need to do this to make the Switch a successful console...

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Comparing a $20 Nintendo Online plan to a $60 PlayStation Network plan and a $60 Xbox Live Gold plan, when they're all for a year.... I really hate when companies put prices on online, but at least Nintendo's pretty alright with their prices on this.

I don't really care about the extra virtual console stuff you'll get with your subscription, but at least that's something nice (though I feel like that excitement isn't gonna last long since you can emulate the game for free/most older games have lost their value, even with the online capabilities) for those that like that kind of thing.

And considering you can split costs between 7 people in a family plan, it can be as low as 4ish dollars. So that's neat too.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Just like Elecmaw, I'm mainly getting it for Smash 5, Mario Aces, and Fortnite.

Splatoon 2 and MK8 Deluxe will just be extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom