• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo Switch Connection Losses

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
This is pretty much a complaint on my end after what I've been experiencing in my last play throughs. Even though the signal strength from my router is strong and the online gaming plays without any lag, there are times the connection just drops out in a flash and after about 30 seconds it goes back up again as if nothing happened. That's why you would see me with several disconnects as they are not done on purpose I promise you that. I also did bring my Switch console completely closer to my router but to no avail.

Is anyone else here experiencing the same problem? I think the problem is the Switch servers themselves even though it did say they are perfectly fine. Something must be done so that situation doesn't happen again. I hope in my opinion when the paid service is introduced, the servers themselves get more stable.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yep. Stories of the Switch's wi-fi capability are all over the place in terms of quality. Get a lan adapter if you really want to dive into Splatoon.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A LAN Adapter...Okay. I might try that.
Wired connections are the way to go for serious play, yeah. Spend about 15 bucks total and the only connection issues you should have to deal with will be everyone else's :P

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
Wired connections are the way to go for serious play, yeah. Spend about 15 bucks total and the only connection issues you should have to deal with will be everyone else's :p
Okay. Thanks for the advice! ;)

UPDATE: I had the same connection error again but this time, I took a snapshot and the error code was 2110-4116. I tried to look it up but there are no search results that have this code. What does that mean?

Last edited:

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
A wired connection is EXTREMELY recommended. I am a witness to reduced connection issues thanks to an Ethernet cable.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I just moved my router right next to the TV.
Never had a problem since.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I've heard a lot about other people having a really bad time with the Switch's wi-fi, and seen some streamers really struggle with it too. Not sure if I'm just one of the lucky ones, but I've put 100+ hours into Splatoon 2 and had maybe 3-4 connection losses in that entire time. By the standards of Australian internet, that's actually pretty impressive. My router isn't too far from my Switch in terms of actual distance, but the signal does have to go through a floor/ceiling.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
I do have zero problems with my wifi connection, especially after the 3.0.0 Update for the Switch... but even i bought a lan adapter.

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
A bit of an update on here. I've been told Nintendo understood the Wi-Fi connection problems we squids were having so if I'm correct, Nintendo is building some sort of accessory to tackle the widespread problem. If it's true, I hope it works.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
A bit of an update on here. I've been told Nintendo understood the Wi-Fi connection problems we squids were having so if I'm correct, Nintendo is building some sort of accessory to tackle the widespread problem. If it's true, I hope it works.
Can you provide any kind of source? That really sounds weird to me, i mean what kind of accessorie should it be?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
citation needed.png

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
Here's another update on my situation. I found out what the problem I'm having is. It's mostly the cause of the server congestion where too many players are playing online. When that happens, players get kicked out for others to take their turn. It's kinda like putting two of a certain animal on Noah's Ark for 40 days and 40 nights. The ping rate might also be the cause of all this but I strongly believe it's the Wi-Fi server congestion.

I also tried planning on using a LAN adapter to play online but I can't because I can only connect to one telephone line. Having two would be too expensive for me. So the only thing I can do not is grin and bear it until Nintendo themselves find a way to increase the limit of online players playing on Wi-Fi.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Here's another update on my situation. I found out what the problem I'm having is. It's mostly the cause of the server congestion where too many players are playing online. When that happens, players get kicked out for others to take their turn. It's kinda like putting two of a certain animal on Noah's Ark for 40 days and 40 nights. The ping rate might also be the cause of all this but I strongly believe it's the Wi-Fi server congestion.

I also tried planning on using a LAN adapter to play online but I can't because I can only connect to one telephone line. Having two would be too expensive for me. So the only thing I can do not is grin and bear it until Nintendo themselves find a way to increase the limit of online players playing on Wi-Fi.
Except there aren't servers yet. The game runs on peer-to-peer connections. You're saying a lot without qualifying your statements.

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
Except there aren't servers yet. The game runs on peer-to-peer connections. You're saying a lot without qualifying your statements.
Really? There isn't? Funny. I could've sworn there are servers by looking at their network maintenance information page.
Instead of going further into this, can you please show me that the Nintendo Switch Wi-Fi is using peer-to-peer connections?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom