• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Nintendo TVii [Poll included]

Have you ever used Nintendo TVii?

• I actively use it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've used it before, but stopped.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I know what it is but have never used it.

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I've heard of it, but don't know what it is.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I've never heard of it.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Howdy y'all,

Since this is a Wii U forum (basically), I wanted to know what y'all's interaction with Nintendo TVii has been. It was basically Reggie's pet project when the Wii U came out and Nintendo of America touted it as this big feature.

According to Reggie Asks, Nintendo TVii is,

"Nintendo TVii addresses this changing landscape by bringing together everything you need – a personalized guide, a super remote, and a social TV experience – into one seamless application on the GamePad. This makes watching TV easier and fun."

It's come to mind because the new Wii U update in Europe removed the TVii button from the Wii U menu, so... It's a reminder it even exists.

(This thread discussion/poll may be used in an op-ed later on.)
As for myself, I know what it is but have never used it and don't plan to.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I'm in europe ; I never used it and I don't care that it was removed, I bought a Wii U to play geam anyway hue.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I'm in europe ; I never used it and I don't care that it was removed, I bought a Wii U to play geam anyway hue.
Yeah.
Does Nintendo think they're expanding their audience by including non-game stuff in their systems?
They used to be the manufacturer of "dedication to games".

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
I never used it once at all. Mainly because I don't even have access to Netflix, nor do I care about getting one.

buildz

Inkling
NNID
jBuildz17
"What's NintendoTVii?" is pretty much what most of my friends said when it was shut down. Enough said.

never ****ing worked over here anyway

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
While I didn't use it, the Home menu now feels kinda empty without it.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Knew it was there, but never used it because I don't really see the point in it. However the TV remote feature is actually pretty handy. I often cycle between using headphones/tv sound, and whenever I use headphones I always make the volume 0. Since I only use my TV to play the Wii U, I never have my remote out anyway. Other than that, any of the TV related things through the Wii U I didn't care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom