• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo XDS

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I could imagine the Nintendo NX would be something like this...a combination between the 3ds and Wii U . But this video is definitely fake.

Wrog

Senior Squid
It would be so difficult to get the screen off and turn it on Nintendo's part, plus I'm pretty sure there would have been new games being shown (at least rough versions), and Wii U games would be so hard to run on there. It would be too expensive.
Also, why would they include HD recording when they don't like people uploading to youtube?
Finally, Nintendo likes to include big new things, and not re-use old stuff like the home screen being the same as the Wii U, even including the screen switch, and they used the Club Nintendo icon, even though that's closed.

Also how can you record 3D? I'm really curious. It's not like computers can see it.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
Someone posted some NX info which im 99% sure is fake, considering the NX is a concept as of now:

"So, from the sources that gave me this, this is what the NX may look like. It, like the Wii U has a Gamepad-like controller, but it's much smaller in order for travel play. The console's final name is apparently the "Nintendo Nano X", & the controller mentioned earlier is called the "Nanopad". The console will have backwards compatibility with Wii U games, & will have a few launch games that ether have a not yet finalized name, or have a generalized name. The launch games from Nintendo are:
.The Legend of Zelda NX
.Super Mario Galaxy NX
.Fire Emblem : DeathWind
.Animal Crossing : Countryside
.Metroid Prime 4 : Mutation
.F-Zero NX
.Punch Out!! Flaming Fist
.Xenoblade Chronicles Zero
.Paper Mario NX

As far as 3rd Party games at launch we have:
.Mega Man X HD collection (CAPCOM)
.Sonic Nove (SEGA)
.Final Fantasy : Shadows (Square-Enix)
.PAC-MAN vs PAC-MAN (Bandai Namco)
.Jet Set Radio : Sky Break (SEGA)
.Street Fighter NX (CAPCOM)

I have also been informed that it will support amiibos, as the Nano Controller has a built in NFC reader.

As for smartphone support, currently all I know is that Nintendo will release an app that allows those with say an iPhone or an Android to play a multiplayer game, with the phones working as controllers & game screens. The app will work similarly to the Nintendo 3DS's DS Download Play.

As for how the games work: Each game comes in a cartridge. You place the cartridge into the top part of the controller (the top of the controller in question). Afterwards a menu should pop-up, and two options will appear. One is "Play on TV"
& the other is "Play on Nano Controller". At any points during gameplay it will be possible to switch between the two options. All data will be save to both the console itself, & the controller."

Again, this is all the information I have on the NX. None of this has been confirmed nor second ironed by Nintendo, however seeing as this is from an inside source, it would be hard to disprove."

Via Retro Traveler on Google+

Wrog

Senior Squid
Pac-Man vs. Pac-Man
Fire Emblem - DeathWind
Animal Crossing - Countryside
Punchout - Flaming Fist

It took like 5 seconds to come up with those probably, and they've been working on Wii U and 3DS games all this time, they wouldn't have like fifteen games. Also, why would they announce a bunch of new 3DS or Wii U games if this is coming out?

I really can't tell if this is a joke or not :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom