1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

NintendoLife: New Splatoon Minigame Poster Discovered!

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Nintendome, Feb 5, 2016.

Nintendome, Feb 5, 2016 at 6:27 PM
  1. Nintendome

Nintendome Inkredible YouTuber

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
    [​IMG]

Hey squids! A few days ago, everyone's favorite Splatoon modder, NWPlayer123, discovered 2 new Amiibo models within Splatoon's code! Sounds great, right? Callie and Marie Amiibos confirmed? Well, the kind folks at Nintendo Life have found even more evidence that suggests the inclusion of new Splatoon Amiibos!

As Alex Olney shows below, you can find a poster for a currently unreleased minigame in the Ancho-V Games map!

What does an unreleased minigame have to do with amiibos? Well, for those of you that are unfamiliar, minigames are unlocked by beating Amiibo challenges. If Nintendo were to release this minigame, it would make sense for them to do so through new Amiibos!

Do you think Nintendo is planning new Splatoon Amiibos? If so, who would you like to see? Let me know down in the comments section below!

For more fresh Splatoon content, be sure to keep your browsers pointed at Squidboards!

TheSpeedyMouse, Mendax, Lynn and 4 others like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Nintendome, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Lester Roquefort
      Lester Roquefort
      You know... I'm going to feel really bad not having a Marie Amiibo... And i'll feel bad buying it too. Oh well.
    2. Otter Power
      Otter Power
      I actually think the poster is a scrapped concept that they put in the games office stage as an easter egg.

I do have the splatoon artbook and I'm sure I saw it SOMEWHERE in it. I'm gonna scour it furiously till I find anything on it again.
    3. Murabitoº
      Murabitoº
      Judd amiibo.
      Come on Nintendo, do it already.
      Ashley_AshTree and Squiddoo like this.
    4. MeTaGross
      MeTaGross
      Potential Callie and Marie Amiibos potentially ready to unlock hero bucket and hero splatling. New games as well? All the pieces of the puzzle fall into place.
    5. Jakkie
      Jakkie
      And here I am hoping for an Octoling amibo. Since there is only one new minigame, maybe they will make an Octoling amibo if they add expansion DLC to the main story.
      Squiddoo likes this.
    6. Squiddoo
      Squiddoo
      Now this is pretty interesting, but i wonder, if they did make a Callie and Marie amiibo would that mean we get wigs or just a hair accessory instead?
    7. Ryuji
      Ryuji
      Considering the file names are AmiiboIdolA and AmiiboIdolB, it's quite likely they are Callie and Marie. Can't say no to that!
    8. Sparkly Ink
      Sparkly Ink
      A squid can dream!
    9. Mars018
      Mars018
      I heard somewhere that we are getting new gear as well, but I really am not sure. I can only hope and pray. :D
    10. Anomilus
      Anomilus
      Ninja Squid - The Game! Guess it's gonna be an action mini-game where you shoot things with ninja stars.
    11. Claus
      Claus
      I find this somewhat odd. In the files there are files for AmiiboIdolA and AmiiboIdolB, right? If this refers to amiibo that aren't released yet then what are the Boy and Girl Inkling called in the files? I believe AmiiboIdolA and B refer to the Boy and Girl Inkling amiibos. It makes sense since they were the first to be released and thus they are named A and B. Has anybody tried looking through the data for an AmiiboIdolC? If such a file exists I believe that to be the Inkling Squid.
    12. DW448
      DW448
      The Amiibos in the code are listed as "AmiiboModelF, AmiiboModelM, AmiiboModelS, AmiiboIdolA, AmiiboIdolB". It makes sense that F, M and S are Female, Male and Squid, so IdolA and IdolB must be new.
    13. Claus
      Claus
      Oh my, this definitely makes things a lot more interesting then. The only conclusion I can draw is a set of two either unreleased or scrapped amiibos then. But whether they are Callie and Marie are yet to be known
      Mendax likes this.
    14. Wiebenjijzeg
      Wiebenjijzeg
      I so hope that more Splatoon Amiibos are coming! D:
    15. american9ization
      american9ization
      ok
    16. Lukey140701
      Lukey140701
      I feel Splatoon's minigames are pretty weak, apart from Squid Beatz, so some new ones wouldn't go amiss.
      Gamertara likes this.
    17. Gamertara
      Gamertara
      I would love Squid Sister Amiibo! I own the others and look forward to more challenging modes for single player.
    18. Gamertara
      Gamertara

Very interesting! Besides Callie and Marie, I can only think of Captain Cuttlefish, the Octolings and DJ Octavio for amiibo. Maybe DJ Octavio
    19. Capn. Woomy
      Capn. Woomy
      I know that there is a new poster for a mini game