• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Nintendome: Burst-Canceling Tutorial

Hey there squids and kids! There are several advanced techniques within Splatoon that when used can really give players an edge and keep them splating! The folks over at Youtube channel Nintendome have nade a ThInk Tank video that talks all about Burst-Canceling. Want to know what Burst-Canceling is and how to maximize it to its fullest potential? Be sure to watch the video below! Be sure to check out Nintendome on Youtube as well for more excellent Splatoon content.

Comments

I kinda wish we had more news articles for the competitive scene, sure there was the million dolloar japanese tourney, but Ink or Sink, a 60+ entrants tournament that started here on Squidboards got no mention whatsoever on the front page, nor did Booyah Battle run by Hypest Tournaments get any mention, Is there a reason they aren't getting mentioned by the news?

This is a pretty useful tip! Not only does it save on how many swings of the Slosher/Carbon Roller you need to splat someone, but it's also pretty quick to do so. Thanks for the info!

Now I'm wondering how well it works with other weapons carrying Burst Bombs.

I honestly don't see what this is "cancelling" but yes it's useful.
I'm pretty sure it's canceling the cooldown time after throwing the bomb.

I kinda wish we had more news articles for the competitive scene, sure there was the million dolloar japanese tourney, but Ink or Sink, a 60+ entrants tournament that started here on Squidboards got no mention whatsoever on the front page, nor did Booyah Battle run by Hypest Tournaments get any mention, Is there a reason they aren't getting mentioned by the news?
Sorry about that. I personally promise that there will be more competitive content regarding Splatoon soon!

There was a carbon on the opposing team yesterday who was demolishing everyone and was more or less untouchable - I was really confused by the speed and the range that they were killing from, but now I understand.

Glad you looked into this Hank.
I kinda kinda wish you shilled the hell out of me in the video for first mentioning it to you though at least.
upload_2015-9-9_2-14-47.png

Or at least that this particular video appeared in my Sub Box when it came out.

Sorry. I forgot that you mentioned it to me! I will credit you right now. :)
Thanks!
Yuki Sprite Victory.png
Although actually, I'd actually kinda like my SQ link first and then the conversation one line down in description, if that's ok. (And would asking for a shilling annotation as well next the the like one at the start be too much, just asking in case you're comfortable with ti, no need to do it if you don't wanna.)
And I already mentioned this on YouTube, but I'll just mention it here as well for everyone else, glad to see you figured out a way to make Burst Canceling work with Sloshers, their damage amounts were just to perfect to not be able to cancel.
It's also kinda surprising that it's only the Burst Bomb end lag that's canceled, I really thought that the end lag of the Carbon roller flick as well at least.

Oh, and random thing, I did link you to a video showing off Burst Canceling in the conversation we had, right?
Google+ seems to have devoured my last comment in that chain, so I'm really not sure if I did or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom