• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NoA December Splatfest: Sweater vs Socks

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Sorry bout that but as I saw that theme I were like "Cool, atleast Amarican player may get bad themes aswell".Really It somehow feels better in EU for al the bad themes. Especially Front vs. Back role. That was a shock!

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I’ll go socks because sweaters is the obvious more popular choice and so less chance for mirror matches...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That sure is a splatfest. What nightmarish Shifty Station awaits us this time? I'll be boring and pick whatever my friends pick :P

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Lame as ****, but at least sweaters get me warmer than socks do. Plus Team Sweater bears a red team color. So long as it's Ketchup red and not Autobot/Naughty/Pokémon Red red then I'll be perfectly fine with siding with them.

Where's the option for Team Blanket though?

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I think this is a fine Theme and will take my self back in time to the Christmases of yesteryear. As a small child one thing I hated the most was my aunt's gift of the Ugly Christmas sweater.

That same year I got Awesome pair of Teenage mutant Ninja turtle socks.

#TeamSocks

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Aww, the art for the theme is really cute, at least! But the theme itself is definitely alongside EU standards. xD I like getting both sweaters and socks (! I'm a sweater- and sock enthusiast, actually ;D) as long as they're warm and cosy, but then again, I'm no young Inkling. When I was a kid, clothes were the most boring things to receive for your birthdays and Christmases. I think getting socks felt worse.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Damn, that's a great theme. I would've loved to battle for team Socks. Warm wooly socks are the best thing ever in wintertime.

Zachary2k18

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0256-4672-9609
My Brother is going with Team Sweater and I going with Team Socks.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Team Sweater, because red is the best colour

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I can't say I really care for either choice (though I guess that's the point of this Splatfest). So for this Splatfest, I'll just go Team Pearl.

I really liked the banter for this one. It was so mean-spirited and funny.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I also can't decide; I never got sweaters or socks for Christmas.

xXWolfieXx

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-5430-7924
WHAT DO I CHOOSE?!/?????!?!??
SOMEONE TELL MEMEMEMEMMEME

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
I wont be able to play on Splatfest very much because I have to work... but I picked socks because I have lots of really cool themed socks. Like majoras mask socks, little fishy socks, studio ghibli socks, bunny socks... lots of socks...

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I asked my students today, 75% were solidly on the side of sweaters, though a few sided with socks. (On a related note, the topic of books vs movies was surprising polarizing for a group of 5-year-olds. For every kid who chose movies, there was one who swore by books)

Ron'NeilV3

Full Squid
NNID
Ronneil_koopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-3809-0916-6288
Team Socks all the way,

I love showing off my cool socks and having my friends hate on them.:cool:

(Sucks I won’t be able to shoot blood tho)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So what's going around in everyone else's Square... other than Craig posts. Thus far I'm seeing a lot of sock fans.

With our choices for this splatfest, freshless indeed.

And even when you do find your missing sock, you still don't ever see it again even though you know it's around somewhere.

That's an excellent question. Maybe they're Team Sweater then?

I see you're excited to rock for the sock crew! How about your friend—

—oh, uh, I'll just leave you two alone to sort this out.

Uhhh... no comment.

I asked my students today, 75% were solidly on the side of sweaters, though a few sided with socks. (On a related note, the topic of books vs movies was surprising polarizing for a group of 5-year-olds. For every kid who chose movies, there was one who swore by books)
Teacher? You have my eternal gratitude for being one. ♥

Belial

Full Squid
Guess I'll pick sweaters since I like red, and pearl. Hmmm... I hope this level of awfulness doesn't become a habit for NoA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom