• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Noob can’t understand regional matchmaking

J

Jimmys1000

Does regional matchmaking depend on your copy of the game or your actual location?
I’m still a newbie and I don’t know...

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
pretty sure its based off of the location you choose on your switch when you are setting up your account.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
From what I've learned:
- Your game's copy determines your Splatfest region.
(For example I do have an us and a japanese account on my switch but my Splatoon game is Europe and I can only play the european Splatfests on all accounts)
- Your ping determines the people you play with. It puts you in games with players who are most likely to have the best ping to you.

J

Jimmys1000

From what I've learned:
- Your game's copy determines your Splatfest region.
(For example I do have an us and a japanese account on my switch but my Splatoon game is Europe and I can only play the european Splatfests on all accounts)
- Your ping determines the people you play with. It puts you in games with players who are most likely to have the best ping to you.
It seems like you are right! I always get Japanese players... Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom