• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[North America] NEW SPLATFEST: Team Past Travel vs. Team Future Travel!

Team Past or Team Future?

• Travel to the past

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Travel to the future

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Undecided/screw Splatfests I'm salty

Votes: 17 15.9%

• Total voters

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Art vs Science round 2?

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Well since there were Miiverse posts talking how art always existed before science thanks to evidence of cave drawings then yes.
...except that doesn't make sense at all and why would one existing before the other make a difference as to wot's better? >_>;

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm pretty indecisive about this one. On the one hand I would love to travel to the past for a simpler life but I'm afraid that I might end up erasing myself at the very least from existence for something I did. On the other, the future sounds exciting (especially since it might mean I could actually visit the squid kids) but there are simply too many futures to reliably travel to.

Maybe I'll just go with the idea of going to the future at 1 s/s.

E: Then again, I think all the little kids are going to go for Future because they just want to grow up already!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hm. Seems a bit lackluster, but I'll bite.

I always did want to go back in time, see the dinosaurs, the mammoths, the neanderthals, the mammal ancestors, the anapsids, the ammonites, the trilobites, the chalicotheres... go back to the days of the Romans, the ancient Chinese, the Hebrews, the Egyptians, the Mayans, and Aztecs, and Incans... listen to the languages, see the statues & buildings in their prime... aw crud, I'm rambling again.

Besides, the future's gonna suck. World War III & IV & all that.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
If we go to the past, we don't have to go all the way to 65,000,000 BC do we?
Maybe just 600 AD?

Better than the future refusing to change, right?

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
...except that doesn't make sense at all and why would one existing before the other make a difference as to wot's better? >_>;
Or maybe I'm just being silly and stretching the theme's definitions for comedic effects?

Pros of Past Travel: See how life really began (can finally confirm Earth's beginning theory), save extinct species, stop evil madmen and...
Judd can see his human again, maybe bring in another cat to have a relationship with

Cons of Past travel: Might accidentally prevent Inklings and other sentient sea creatures from evolving if something changed in the past.

Pros of Future Travel: Look at all that technology and life got even easier if...
Cons of Future Travel: if no one took over or what if they see that another dominant specie evolved and took over. I am suspecting those seagulls finally evolved. Would the sea creatures live with that truth and have to go to the past to prevent that somehow or would it be fair on the new dominant specie that they have to lose out on existing due to the past not liking what they see in the future?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
As much as I enjoy Sci-Fi themes, giant robots, and Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'm gonna have to go with the past. The future is something I'm afraid of and don't really wanna think about.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Hmm this splatfest for America PERSONALLY seems weaker not as weak as car vs plane because that was terrible but not as good as Auto bots vs deceptions I'm not placing my vote and I'm going screw splat fest because I'm not from Murcia but I'd go past team pas FTW

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
haha, wow. This is actually a really good one. Since I can't decide, I'll probably go with the winning team ;)

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yeup.

I'm just tired of grinding, unable to change my shirt, listening to the same song, in one mode, losing A LOT, for 5 hours. All because I'd lose out on at least 540,000 coins if I didn't.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Undecided right now. I do like dinosaur and ancient Greek/Rome but I do enjoy sci-fi and my favorite work of fiction is about the future. I also just want to see Marie get a win lol.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Yeup.

I'm just tired of grinding, unable to change my shirt, listening to the same song, in one mode, losing A LOT, for 5 hours. All because I'd lose out on at least 540,000 coins if I didn't.
Sit this splatfest out. It's not a complete obligation, and you can do you fine in battles without top-tier rolls. Instead, play games that aren't as emotionally taxing for that time period. Your health is more important than fictional currency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom