• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[November 21-22] INKSTORM 2 - EndGame Circuit - Médecins Sans Frontières Fundraiser

EndGameTV

Inkster Jr.

In response to recent worldwide tragedies, we are dedicating this event to raising money for a good cause. Registration fees are gone, and have been replaced with a "donate what you can" policy.

Click to donate now!

Greetings, fellow inklings!

The EndGame Staff is pleased to announce Inkstorm 2, our second venture into Splatoon, as part of the 2015 EndGame Circuit. We are excited to run the much-anticipated follow-up to InkStorm, which hit over 1.8k viewers on Twitch and hosted 5 Japanese teams. Without further ado, welcome to Inkstorm!

DATES

Registration Opens: Sunday, November 1 at 4:04 PM EST

Registration Closes: Friday, November 20 at 3:00 PM EST

Tournament Dates: Saturday, Nov. 21 - Sunday, Nov. 22
Start Times: 2 PM EST Each Day

FULL RULESET

TEAM CAP

34/48

There is no longer a registration fee required of teams. Instead, we ask that you abide by our "donate what you can" policy as our response to recent worldwide tragedies. All donations go towards Doctors Without Borders.

Join the fundraiser here: http://www.tiltify.com/events/inkstorm-2-splatoon-takes-on-the-world/

Teams may register with a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players. When registering on our website, team leaders will need to provide the following team information:
  • Team Name
  • Team Tag
  • Primary Timezone
  • Team Logo*
  • Team Email
Team leaders must also fill in information for each individual on their team, including:
  • Player Name
  • NNID
  • Country
  • Stream*
*These fields are not required for teams to have.

If your team registers and does not show up, we will replace your team with any team on a waiting list.

for more information on rules / format, refer to our second post.
DAY 1 - Group Stages / Early Bracket
Times: 2:00 PM EST to Close (Estimated 7-8 PM EST close)
  • Round Robin format, Halo-style map rotation.
    • Unlike the last InkStorm, there will not be rotating modes throughout each round, rather, the modes will all be mixed in.
  • Eight (8) groups of up to six (6) teams each.
  • Each team plays a minimum of 5 matches.
  • Top two (2) teams from each group advance.
  • Winners Rounds 1-2 and Losers Rounds 1-2 are also played, each of which are a Best-Of-5 series.
DAY 2 - Top 8
Times: 2:00 PM EST to Close (Estimated 7-10 PM EST close)
  • CS:GO-style map rotation.
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals to be played in a Best-Of-7 series.
  • All other matches to be played in a Best-Of-5 series.
  • A Program will be available and will assist in the CS:GO map selection phases.
BROADCAST / COMMENTARY INFO

EndGame will be broadcasting each tournament day from select groups and matches on our Twitch. If you would like to commentate, please contact @EirikN here, via PC, or by email at endgamestaff@gmail.com. There is no guarantee that you will commentate.

For a successful viewing experience, we would appreciate it if most teams could have a stream for their team, so that we are able to view matches and commentate over them.

PRIZE POOL

None: we're donating it all!

Every stream donation, every registration "fee" collected, every ounce of money will go towards Doctors Without Borders. Read more about it here: Click Here

ENDGAME CIRCUIT

This tournament will be part of the 2015 EndGame Cicuit. The EndGame circuit is a series of 3 tournaments played from month to month. The Circuit acts as qualifiers to Splatoon's first league, the EndGame Splatoon Premier League (eSPL). The winner of each tournament will gain an invite to the premier league of Splatoon's top 8 teams, where they play in weekly, casted matches to determine the best teams around. More information regarding the 2015 EndGame Circiut and the eSPL can be found in this thread.

EndGame has established itself in its first year as a major tournament provider in the competitive Mario Kart community. The Mario Kart World Cup, held for the second time in 2015, featured top players in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 and reached the front page of Twitch, becoming the most visible competitive MK tournament to date. Building on our past experience in online tournaments as well as new staff, EndGame is ready to branch out into the world of Inkopolis!

Our goal is to bring a professionally organized tournament to the Splatoon scene and to promote its overall development.

If you have any questions at all regarding tournament setup, rules, or other information, please join the discord server. A TO will get to you as soon as possible.
Director of Splatoon Tournament Organization:
@KTKres | Inkopolis Underground

President of EndGame, Public Relations:
@EirikN

Vice President of EndGame:
@luigisly | Offshore

Vice President, Public Relations:
@Hope | Exultance

Tournament Organizer:
@BonFire | Inkopolis Underground

Website developer:
@BetoMan | betoman@mkworldcup.com

Head Graphic Designer:
@Raymie

Graphic Designer:
@skyphoi

Last edited:

EndGameTV

Inkster Jr.
Hello everyone,

In response to recent worldwide tragedies, we are lifting all registration fees. In their place, we ask teams to donate what they can, and that you all contribute towards our Doctors Without Borders fundraiser. We want to send all the love this Splatoon community has on over to those suffering in the world right now, and we hope you understand the change. You can read more about the change here: http://www.endgametv.net/news/2015/11/14/recent-worldwide-tragedies-and-how-we-may-help

That said, the tournament won't change. We're bringing back high profile, hype-as-hell matches and we'll be broadcasting it this upcoming weekend. Get ready. We're coming.

Triforce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
triforcemx1
hey Iñm getting error 403 in your form for the sing up

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
You are most likely including full stream links, rather than just twitch usernames. The website only wants Twitch Usernames. That goes for all trying to register.

You are most likely including full stream links, rather than just twitch usernames. The website only wants Twitch Usernames. That goes for all trying to register.

Last edited by a moderator:

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I just registered Wabi Sabi, but I'm at work so I have no access to my friends list so I'm not 100% sure on some of my teammates' NNIDs. May have to edit them later. I hope that's not too much of an issue!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hey guys, just a real quick reminder that tournament communication is taking place through the discord server linked in the OP. Please join and let me know what team you are a captain of. Thanks!
I just registered Wabi Sabi, but I'm at work so I have no access to my friends list so I'm not 100% sure on some of my teammates' NNIDs. May have to edit them later. I hope that's not too much of an issue!
I lost your guys' registration in the system. So if you wouldn't mind just resubmitting that later, that'd be great. Sorry about that.
@EndGameTV @KTKres Can we get a breakdown of CSGO style map rotations for those who don't know?
Keep in mind that we will have a client helping with the CS:GO setup.

EndGameTV

Inkster Jr.
Keep the registrations coming! Less than 24 hours left in registration and there's not too many spots left!

Also, we've reached $105 before we've even started. Thank you so much to everyone that's donated. Less than $900 until we reach our goal!

@EndGameTV @KTKres Can we get a breakdown of CSGO style map rotations for those who don't know?
Additional graphic if needed;

Additionally, we have a custom application ready to use for CS-GO styled rules, offered in both English and Japanese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Just a reminder that all teams need to be in the discord server. If you are in the discord server and your name is pink on the spreadsheet, please let me know (only exception: I already got Diamond Dogs). Thanks!

Hope everyone has fun today!

Teeples

Full Squid
NNID
Flow_Teeples
Nice to see a second one happening.

I might just be blind but I don't see a link to the groups / bracket.

Edit: Never mind, it's on the webpage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom