1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

[November 21-22] INKSTORM 2 - EndGame Circuit - Médecins Sans Frontières Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Event & Tournament Listings' started by EndGameTV, Nov 1, 2015.

1. EndGameTV

EndGameTV Inkster Jr.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In response to recent worldwide tragedies, we are dedicating this event to raising money for a good cause. Registration fees are gone, and have been replaced with a "donate what you can" policy.

Click to donate now!

Greetings, fellow inklings!

The EndGame Staff is pleased to announce Inkstorm 2, our second venture into Splatoon, as part of the 2015 EndGame Circuit. We are excited to run the much-anticipated follow-up to InkStorm, which hit over 1.8k viewers on Twitch and hosted 5 Japanese teams. Without further ado, welcome to Inkstorm!

[​IMG]

DATES

Registration Opens: Sunday, November 1 at 4:04 PM EST

Registration Closes: Friday, November 20 at 3:00 PM EST

Tournament Dates: Saturday, Nov. 21 - Sunday, Nov. 22
    Start Times: 2 PM EST Each Day

FULL RULESET

TEAM CAP

34/48

[​IMG]

There is no longer a registration fee required of teams. Instead, we ask that you abide by our "donate what you can" policy as our response to recent worldwide tragedies. All donations go towards Doctors Without Borders.

Join the fundraiser here: http://www.tiltify.com/events/inkstorm-2-splatoon-takes-on-the-world/

Teams may register with a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players. When registering on our website, team leaders will need to provide the following team information:
    • Team Name
    • Team Tag
    • Primary Timezone
    • Team Logo*
    • Team Email
    Team leaders must also fill in information for each individual on their team, including:
    • Player Name
    • NNID
    • Country
    • Stream*
    *These fields are not required for teams to have.

If your team registers and does not show up, we will replace your team with any team on a waiting list.

[​IMG]
    for more information on rules / format, refer to our second post.
    DAY 1 - Group Stages / Early Bracket
    Times: 2:00 PM EST to Close (Estimated 7-8 PM EST close)
    • Round Robin format, Halo-style map rotation.
      • Unlike the last InkStorm, there will not be rotating modes throughout each round, rather, the modes will all be mixed in.
    • Eight (8) groups of up to six (6) teams each.
    • Each team plays a minimum of 5 matches.
    • Top two (2) teams from each group advance.
    • Winners Rounds 1-2 and Losers Rounds 1-2 are also played, each of which are a Best-Of-5 series.
    DAY 2 - Top 8
    Times: 2:00 PM EST to Close (Estimated 7-10 PM EST close)
    • CS:GO-style map rotation.
    • Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals to be played in a Best-Of-7 series.
    • All other matches to be played in a Best-Of-5 series.
    • A Program will be available and will assist in the CS:GO map selection phases.
    BROADCAST / COMMENTARY INFO

EndGame will be broadcasting each tournament day from select groups and matches on our Twitch. If you would like to commentate, please contact @EirikN here, via PC, or by email at endgamestaff@gmail.com. There is no guarantee that you will commentate.

For a successful viewing experience, we would appreciate it if most teams could have a stream for their team, so that we are able to view matches and commentate over them.

PRIZE POOL

None: we're donating it all!

Every stream donation, every registration "fee" collected, every ounce of money will go towards Doctors Without Borders. Read more about it here: Click Here

ENDGAME CIRCUIT

This tournament will be part of the 2015 EndGame Cicuit. The EndGame circuit is a series of 3 tournaments played from month to month. The Circuit acts as qualifiers to Splatoon's first league, the EndGame Splatoon Premier League (eSPL). The winner of each tournament will gain an invite to the premier league of Splatoon's top 8 teams, where they play in weekly, casted matches to determine the best teams around. More information regarding the 2015 EndGame Circiut and the eSPL can be found in this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EndGame has established itself in its first year as a major tournament provider in the competitive Mario Kart community. The Mario Kart World Cup, held for the second time in 2015, featured top players in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 and reached the front page of Twitch, becoming the most visible competitive MK tournament to date. Building on our past experience in online tournaments as well as new staff, EndGame is ready to branch out into the world of Inkopolis!

Our goal is to bring a professionally organized tournament to the Splatoon scene and to promote its overall development.

[​IMG]

If you have any questions at all regarding tournament setup, rules, or other information, please join the discord server. A TO will get to you as soon as possible.
    Director of Splatoon Tournament Organization:
    @KTKres | Inkopolis Underground

President of EndGame, Public Relations:
    @EirikN

Vice President of EndGame:
    @luigisly | Offshore

Vice President, Public Relations:
    @Hope | Exultance

Tournament Organizer:
    @BonFire | Inkopolis Underground

Website developer:
    @BetoMan | betoman@mkworldcup.com

Head Graphic Designer:
    @Raymie

Graphic Designer:
    @skyphoi

#1 EndGameTV, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. GameGalaxy64

GameGalaxy64 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    FlareFusion
    I can't wait to watch this tournament! The last one was great, which means this one will be even better! Good luck to everyone!

Flying_Tortoise and Kbot like this.
  3. Typhlosion09

Typhlosion09 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Typhlosion09
    So does this mean on the 22nd at about 7:00 est I can expect Nintendo to have an unscheduled server matinence?

4. Citrus

Citrus Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Sylvalum
    yes

Flying_Tortoise and Typhlosion09 like this.
  5. BonFire

BonFire Full Squid

NNID:
    rollmops99
    Definitely^^

@EndGameTV the first two images don't show up on the post :eek:

#5 BonFire, Nov 2, 2015
    Lasted edited by : Nov 21, 2015
    Flying_Tortoise and Typhlosion09 like this.
  6. Citrus

Citrus Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Sylvalum
    #LetSlimSpeak

Flying_Tortoise likes this.
  7. BonFire

BonFire Full Squid

NNID:
    rollmops99
    #BytheLikesof

Pitero, LinkLuigi and Citrus like this.
  8. EndGameTV

EndGameTV Inkster Jr.

Hello everyone,

In response to recent worldwide tragedies, we are lifting all registration fees. In their place, we ask teams to donate what they can, and that you all contribute towards our Doctors Without Borders fundraiser. We want to send all the love this Splatoon community has on over to those suffering in the world right now, and we hope you understand the change. You can read more about the change here: http://www.endgametv.net/news/2015/11/14/recent-worldwide-tragedies-and-how-we-may-help

That said, the tournament won't change. We're bringing back high profile, hype-as-hell matches and we'll be broadcasting it this upcoming weekend. Get ready. We're coming.

BonFire, DicTi0nary, growly and 6 others like this.
  9. Sensys

Sensys Inkling

OTB is Ready ! ;)

10. Bangerz

Bangerz Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    benshever
    Alias has signed up 2 teams!

Prinny likes this.
  11. Triforce

Triforce Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    triforcemx1
    hey Iñm getting error 403 in your form for the sing up

12. Kbot

Kbot Full-time TO
    Event Organizer Moderator

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7867-5047-8101
    You are most likely including full stream links, rather than just twitch usernames. The website only wants Twitch Usernames. That goes for all trying to register.

You are most likely including full stream links, rather than just twitch usernames. The website only wants Twitch Usernames. That goes for all trying to register.

#12 Kbot, Nov 19, 2015
  13. grandpappy

grandpappy You guys made me ink!

NNID:
    eyeplaybass
    I just registered Wabi Sabi, but I'm at work so I have no access to my friends list so I'm not 100% sure on some of my teammates' NNIDs. May have to edit them later. I hope that's not too much of an issue!

14. Hitzel

Hitzel Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Hitzelburger
    @EndGameTV @KTKres Can we get a breakdown of CSGO style map rotations for those who don't know?

15. Kbot

Kbot Full-time TO

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7867-5047-8101
    Hey guys, just a real quick reminder that tournament communication is taking place through the discord server linked in the OP. Please join and let me know what team you are a captain of. Thanks!
    I lost your guys' registration in the system. So if you wouldn't mind just resubmitting that later, that'd be great. Sorry about that.
    [​IMG]
    Keep in mind that we will have a client helping with the CS:GO setup.

grandpappy likes this.
  16. SquidDud3

SquidDud3 Inkling

NNID:
    Kildud3
    I totally misunderstood what the donations where going towards! I'll gladly support this event! I thought we were donating to the prize pool! I'm glad to hear that this is a charity tournament.

Flying_Tortoise, Kbot and EndGameTV like this.
  17. TeaSpoonz

TeaSpoonz Inkling

NNID:
    Teaspoonz
    Just signed Exultance up for Inkstorm 2 in the place of our froge.

EndGameTV likes this.
  18. EndGameTV

EndGameTV Inkster Jr.

Keep the registrations coming! Less than 24 hours left in registration and there's not too many spots left!

Also, we've reached $105 before we've even started. Thank you so much to everyone that's donated. Less than $900 until we reach our goal!

Additional graphic if needed;
    [​IMG]

Additionally, we have a custom application ready to use for CS-GO styled rules, offered in both English and Japanese.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#18 EndGameTV, Nov 19, 2015
  19. Kbot

Kbot Full-time TO

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7867-5047-8101
    Just a reminder that all teams need to be in the discord server. If you are in the discord server and your name is pink on the spreadsheet, please let me know (only exception: I already got Diamond Dogs). Thanks!

Hope everyone has fun today!

20. Teeples

Teeples Full Squid

NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    Nice to see a second one happening.

I might just be blind but I don't see a link to the groups / bracket.

Edit: Never mind, it's on the webpage.

#20 Teeples, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015