• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

November Splatfest: Salsa vs Guacamole! (NA region)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Splatoon truly is a dark timeline! Queso wouldn't exist, thus cheese was cut from the debate. So it's a showdown between salsa and guacamole!
Drjwny3W4AMjZWA.jpeg

Honestly, I'm one of those that likes guacamole, but I feel it's difficult to find good guacamole! Especially good, spicy guacamole.

And salsa is cheap! Cheap, even when it's good, and easy to make. Easy to make and easy to make lousy...

Meanwhile, from the friendlist bias in my app, I'm seeing three salsas for every guacamole.

Now to keep this mostly congenial--any of yall got some salsa and guacamole recommendations or recipes to share?

Cephalobro

I prefer guacamole, I already eat avocado for breakfast sometimes, plus guacamole is all around healthier since it doesn't contain any sort of pepper while containing lemon (or lime) with no sugar at all, and it's much more delicious for me anyways. I even made some guacamole by myself once and it was still delicious.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Well, I really dislike guac, and if that wasn't enough to decide my team, I really enjoy some decent salsa.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
if this was my splatfest i think i would had picked guacamole...mmm tortilla chips with melted cheese on it and then dipping it in the guacamole..soooo good! :D now i kinda want it again! >.<

Cephalobro

Oooh boy, I have so much to say about my experiences so far, but one thing in particular, my teammates ignore certain areas of the battlefield, this was certainly a salt inducing morning for me, it wasn't until recently that I have gotten actual good teammates, you know, the ones who don't ignore any area of the battlefield and thus, have been on a winning streak. At least seeing many 100x victories for Team Guac reassured me that it was just a string of bad luck on my side and that bad luck wasn't reflective toward the whole team.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Also, at least I'm glad I got to King rank before stopping for the day, just for nostalgic purposes, I have been replaying Octo Expansion single-player levels.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Guac-a-mol-ME plz

This new shifty station isn't that bad either. Or maybe I've just been conditioned to think that after all the bad ones...
I haven't played that many matches, but from what I can tell team Salsa is going to win, no doubt.

And this is how I prefer my Guacamole: Two ripe avocados, Tajin, a moderate pinch of salt, Black pepper, Red pepper flakes, and half a lime.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I like this shifty station, the tides of battle can change very quickly and I’ve had a lot of fun, competitive matches.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I don't like avocados......so I picked team Salsa. What's crazy is that I actually had salsa and chips last night. 21-7 win-loss ratio for team Salsa. Went smoother compared to previous splatfests. I like the shifty station too. The gushers made it easier to get to the enemy side. I prefer this stage to the bouncy pads one from one of the previous Splatfests. My friends list is so lopsided.....the vast majority picked Salsa. I played a lot of mirror matches. One gripe I do have about "Pro" mode though is I think there should be some type of criteria for who can play in that category. If they had some restrictions, then it would weed out the level 10s and extremely casual players. Or like if you do so bad individually, then you drop out of Pro mode, like X rank. I think having a more aggressive Turf War mode would attract more players that only play ranked and hate TW. I personally like ranked and TW, but I'd be down for a more extreme version of TW during Splatfest .

Got plenty of salsa but NO TORTILLA CHIPS ANYWHERE IN THIS ENTIRE HOUSE!!!

Like this if you feel my pain
Bahaha ......yeah, like having plenty of cereal with no milk.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Only in Defender rank, I'm already 100% certain if I go any further I'm just gonna be a bottomless pit of salt.

So, I'm just calling it quits for this Splatfest. Not worth it.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I do have to give credit for this Shifty Station for having some legit way to lock a team on their side of the battlefield by good timing on the gushers.
That’s why I dislike it, actually. I think it’s too small and too easy for a player to push into the opposing spawn. I mean, you can go straight from mid to their spawn with a Baller, even.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This Splatfest was a mixed bag for me. Sure, it was nice to play some Splatoon again, but at this point I think I'm actually getting tired of the game in favor of Smash U. Also, my results were about half-and-half, too.

Anyway, final Clout:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Best thing about this fest?

1. Killing people with the gushers.
2. The color of Salsa's ink.
3. Randomly yeeting the hammer and getting splats with it.

At this point, I'm sick of fests and just choose a random weapon to go with. So I chose the Kensa L-3 and just played. I lost maybe like...5 times or so. I only had to play for a lil over 2 hours. I just can't with TW man.

Cephalobro

Believe it or not, I kind of want Splatfests to be over as well as I just want to resume getting 100% on my gear and weapons.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I don't think I've ever had either, because I don't like tomato unless it's in a paste for pasta dishes, and I just... haven't found avocado appealing enough to try. I do like spicy foods over creamy substances, so I went with Salsa.

I think I fought against team Guac maybe 4 times. Just give me my 20-whatever snails and let's be done with Splatfests pls.

Also this Shifty Station is a blast. It's one of the few I've genuinely enjoyed; I was able to lock out people so easily with the Hydra in mid, it was unreal. The only thing that'd make it better is if Ink Mines were powerful enough to pop a geyser in one hit - you could use it as a remote control on the opening below you.

BlackMN

Inkling
I have enjoyed this Shifty station too. So much better than the bouncy one which was fun in its own way. The first time I was splatted by a pipe I was like wha the... but laughed it off. There is one thing I find odd with this map. Often with this one it will appear the opposing team has won and then my team wins or vice versa. This isn't by a little bit, it is usually by about 5-10% which is usually large enough to tell. My husband would be looking at it too and think the other team won.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom