• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 n'zap 85 build

Padre

Pro Squid
N-zap goes with everything really. depends how aggressively you you play. When in doubt having swim speed, ink resistance and ink recovery always works.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
Personally, I'd start by stacking a bunch of swim speed and then some run speed. I like about 2 swims for every run (since I understand they nerfed run a little). You could also make room for some special charge up or some extra ink, depending on your play style. For turf and possibly splat zone, consider last ditch effort. It only works in the last 30 seconds, but if you look at how much ink you get in that time, it's kind of crazy. For turf, in most battles, the last 30 seconds really decides it.

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
Run speed (I really like 2 mains but 1 main is ok) swim speed (2 mains) and then the rest depends on the mode. On TC I like some ISS because suction bomb is good on TC...I also try to fit in some BDU on TC no matter what the weapon. On SZ maybe special charge (1 main) and ink recovery (1 main)...or ink resistance. On RM I might stack a little more swim speed and I'd definitely use two mains of run speed... depends somewhat if you will carry the RM... then ink resistance and maybe special charge. On CB I'd add ISS since bombs can help defend the basket plus special charge. On TW I'd definitely use two mains of run speed since you can turf super fast with two mains of run speed and two of swim speed (side note that the nzap is a pretty good support weapon so no matter what the mode you should be turfing a lot to help hold on to map control and help your teammates get around who dont have good turfing weapons... Plus you build special faster)... Also 1 or 2 mains of ink recovery and 1 of special charge.

It does depend on whether you want to play it aggressively or supportively. But I think no matter what run speed and swim speed should be included.

Note that I don't use the nzap in CB or RM ever. I use it sometimes in SZ, TC and TW.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
oh god it's lime's alter-ego

Special Charge Up, Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up are general all-purpose abilities that'll help you without having you change your playstyle too much. If you want to get the most out of your bombs, stack up a bunch of savers/recoveries aswell. Don't stack any of these abilities beyond 2 mains/6 subs, they're not worthwhile beyond that point.

You can also tackle a double-bomb build, by stacking up 2 mains and 5 subs of sub saver up. This'll allow you to throw 2 bombs at once, the suctions allow you to zone out a big area. Filling up the rest with recoveries is a solid idea.

You can also try Ninja Squid for a more sneaky, offensive build but you still have to mind the slowdown. Comeback can also be used, if that's your kind of deal.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
Ink Armor thoughts:

Special Power Up does two things (1) your ink armor activates faster and (2) your ink armor protection time is increased. This does not just help you, it helps all of your teammates.

Bomb Defense: Base defense of bombs that hit you from far away (aka non-lethal bomb hits) is 30 points. A single sub of bomb defense drops the damage below 30. This matters because it takes 30 points of damage to break ink armor. In other words, without any bomb defense that bomb would break your armor. With even a single sub of bomb defense, your armor would remain intact, and then be able to protect you from the next hit - whatever it may be.

Object Shredder: for dealing with opponent's ink armor. As stated, ink armor takes 30 points damage to break. N-Zap does 28 points damage per shot. Without object shredder it'll take you 2 shots to break an opponents armor. But with object shredder it'll only take 1 shot to break an opponent's ink armor. Some people think this is worth the main slot, some don't.

Snuggz

Inkling
NNID
Snuggz
Switch Friend Code
SW-1233-9207-2043
You don't really need Special Charge up since it paints so well and the added mobility to it allows you to get more ink coverage.

I'd recommend Run Speed, Swim Speed, and a little bit of Special Power Up for added bonuses to armor. I've recently been experimenting with Comeback post nerf. It definitely comes in handy after a team wipe for retaking an objective with a fast armor.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I believe that nerfed Comeback is still one of the best gear perks in the game.

When activated, it’s the equivalent of six individual mains. Outside of a few long range weapons, it’s almost difficult to justify not wearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom