• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Octarian Males; have we seen them?

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I don't think we have. Do they even exist? Are Octarians are a single-gendered species?

I wonder if the internet has abused their artistic abilities on the Octarians, although that's probably a dumb question, since everyone knows the answer.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Actually i don't think a male octarian has been seen yet. Logically speaking there should be one because there is both a male and female squidling, but we'll have to see

luigisly

Full Squid
Might be something like the Gerudo in LoZ games. Only one male born however many years and that guy is the ruler.

Chikouu

Inkling
NNID
Chikouu
All of the enemies are Octarian, but I think they said either in a direct or on their tumblr that only the females have been seen to have a humanoid form.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Are all the minions not male?
Wait a sec, if we assume that the Octarians are like Inklings in that they can only turn humanoid at a certain age, does this mean that the Octarian generals are sending children to war?

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Wait a sec, if we assume that the Octarians are like Inklings in that they can only turn humanoid at a certain age, does this mean that the Octarian generals are sending children to war?
Well, the Octoling girls look to be a little older than Inkling girls. Considering the Inklings are all around 14, I'd say the Octolings are probably about 16.

That said: There's definitely both male and female Octarians. But for some reason, only the strongest females have shown an ability to take on humanoid forms and become Octolings--it's not a universal skill like it is with Inklings.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
That said: There's definitely both male and female Octarians. But for some reason, only the strongest females have shown an ability to take on humanoid forms and become Octolings--it's not a universal skill like it is with Inklings.
Has this been confirmed anywhere?

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Has this been confirmed anywhere?
I've heard it multiple times that the "Octoling" are females. Just today in the Best Buy Google Hangout they made a very specific point that they are female. While it's not confirmation it's interesting they always say that.

Personally I like the Gerudo theory eheh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom