1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Octo Expansion Poems

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by iceage99, Feb 13, 2019.

1. iceage99

iceage99 Midna Advocate

NNID:
    iceage99
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5433-4841-6709
    I think the poems that come with each mem cake are super interesting and I wanted to know if they said similar things in the Japanese version. I had a heck of a time trying to find translations for them or even finding them at all. I did eventually find a site with all of the Japanese poems listed and I put them through google translate. A lot of them make little, if any, sense (which I expected from google translate). But some of them are pretty interesting! If anyone is interested I put all of it in a google doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jOR9OlrmvQcaAifDjyHi1hPKPEJrfjh_jNIK4HVXeqQ/edit?usp=sharing

You can comment if you'd like on the document. I hope you think the poems are interesting too!
    (Also here is where I got the Japanese poems from: https://game8.jp/splatoon-2/216611#hm_1)

unhappy_jap, Enperry and Dewnose like this.
  2. unhappy_jap

unhappy_jap Inkling

That was really interesting to look through. I thought it was funny how the Japanese poem describes tentakooks as “tsundere”

3. iceage99

iceage99 Midna Advocate

NNID:
    iceage99
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5433-4841-6709
    Yeah I thought that was funny too! I wish I could put better translations but I've only taken a semester of Japanese T-T. I just knew enough to search "octo expansion poems" in Japanese and get Japanese results. Maybe I could actually translate them in a year or two