• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion Spoiler Discussion Thread

Cephalobro

Decided to make this thread to make sure nobody see spoilers on accident. Anything related to Octo Expansion story and lore should be posted here if you want to talk about it.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Still dislike how Agent 8 looks, but the little story is entertaining, at least.

Not a fan of having to play the whole (or most of) the single player to play as Octolings online, though.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Still dislike how Agent 8 looks, but the little story is entertaining, at least.

Not a fan of having to play the whole (or most of) the single player to play as Octolings online, though.
Don't need to do everything, as long as you get all 4 thangs to leave the area.
I think you can even beat it in less than 20 out of 80 if you're doing it right.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I’m loving the backgrounds filled with old Nintendo consoles.....and the music is really chilled and less goofy sounding. One downside......I can definitely tell a lot of people took a break from Splatoon until the Octo Expansion came out because my ranked matches have been terrible....worse than usual. I know it’s people who haven’t played ranked in a while and came back to show off their octolings in multiplayer knowing damn well they’re going to suck at the mode. Anytime Splatoon comes out with anything new....weapons, maps, dlc, I already brace myself.

Don't need to do everything, as long as you get all 4 thangs to leave the area.
I think you can even beat it in less than 20 out of 80 if you're doing it right.
Whoa, really? I’m assuming that’s what the octolings I saw in ranked did or either they skipped a lot because they weren’t that great at the modes.

Cephalobro

The only way to get Neo Octoling sets is to get full sets of Mem Cakes, so there is a reward for not skipping challenges.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
So, we still don't know much about the Great Turf War, but we did find out how Off the Hook met.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The only way to get Neo Octoling sets is to get full sets of Mem Cakes, so there is a reward for not skipping challenges.
Elaborate please. What is this "Neo Octoling"? I must have it!

EDIT: For the record, I only skipped 2 stages before completing it

Cephalobro

Elaborate please. What is this "Neo Octoling"? I must have it!

EDIT: For the record, I only skipped 2 stages before completing it
Basically, once you have a full set of Mem Cakes, talk to Iso Padre and he will give you a piece of the set.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I love the story coming out of the expansion. Octarian life is pretty bleak. Also CQ Cumber's way of dispatching you after timing out is pretty brutal.

I wish there were more untimed challenges, or an adventure mode. I like to admire the scenery in regular story mode, especially the floating objects and artificial sky. It's great story-telling scenery.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Just finished it fair and square today, and now my veemo is ready to wreck it in ranked! I'll def come back to snag up the remaining gear pieces for maximum fashion potential.

The fact that both the new villain and Octavio use mind-control tech, that has to be related somehow right?

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Can I just let everyone know about a hidden 100% Easter egg?

If you 100% complete the expansion (by completing all the levels) and return to the deep sea central station after completing the game, let’s just say you get to have a rematch with a certain boss from splat 1....

I found this out and wanted to let you all know so that you all got the most out of this wonderful new dlc.

(P.s, Splatoon is officially confirmed to take place around the year 14000)

Cephalobro

I like the fact that they revealed Cap'n Cuttlefish's real name, also Pearl criticizing old people using their real name as their username.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
After you finished final boss (even with levels incompleted), you get Fresh Octo Tee and Octo Shot Replica.

Also, you can get Null Replica set as well. But there's more set, I think.
Ugh, that limited ink, timed and no-damage challenges.

Cephalobro

I got the third part of the objective and oh man did this part surprise me. There is a certain player character who was customizable before and is still customizable the same exact way. My wish has been granted!

Cephalobro

This version of the Octostomp is even harder, mainly because of the bubbles that it launches whenever the Octarian on top of it go all Splatling-like. Like even harder than Octo Canyon's version.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Overall, I enjoyed the Octo Expansion, but I found it to be on the easy side. There were some tests that gave me trouble (mainly the 8 Ball tests) but for the most part it was a comfortable experience. Well worth the $20 if you ask me.
Once you complete all the tests and return to the main platform, you get a rematch against Agent 3 and it was the most frustrating thing I've ever done in this game. Seriously, it's like the AI was jacked up to 85! I swear Splashdown's damage radius in that fight was unfair as I would clear it and still get hit. PLus, Agent 3 LOVES to spam Autobombs. It was annoying but I eventually beat them.The reward could've been better after all of that but at least it looks nice so there's that.

Cephalobro

I didn't beat it as of right now, my main focus at the moment is collecting all Mem Cakes. Aside from that, am I the only one who noticed a giant door in the area where you get on the train? My personal theory is that a door in that size are for whales to get through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom