• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Octo Expansion Wishes and Hopes

What are your wishes and hopes for the Octo Expansion?

• More puzzle based levels

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Customizable Agent 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Octoling hairstyles

• Octoling Armor and weapon Replicas

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • More lore

• Everything!!!

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

Cephalobro

What it says in the title, what are your wishes and hopes for the Octo Expansion? You can discuss it, but I will make one rule to follow: Don't say things like "this is never gonna happen" to others. This thread is for people to openly talk about what they want in the DLC, whether unlikely or not. We want more positivity, so let's keep this positive!

Edit: Needed to make this clear, sorry about the confusion.

Edit 2: Now added a poll!

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
  • For each of the 80 new levels to be just as long and content-filled as the Octo Canyon levels.
  • For each of the basic weapons to become available as Octo variants in multiplayer, each with the kit of the weapon's main variant (Tentatek Splattershot, Sorella Brella, Custom Blaster, etc).

the

Inkling Commander
  • For each of the 80 new levels to be just as long and content-filled as the Octo Canyon levels.
  • For each of the basic weapons to become available as Octo variants in multiplayer, each with the kit of the weapon's main variant (Tentatek Splattershot, Sorella Brella, Custom Blaster, etc).
If I can get an Octo^2 Brush with beakons and missiles i will be the happiest cephalopod alive

Cephalobro

• Being able to customize Agent 3 with the Splatoon 1 settings, this would allow players to change this NPC's gender, skin tone and eye color. I always liked the ability to customize an NPC character in games and I feel like that since Agent 3 is a past player character, it would make sense.
  • More Octoling hairstyles, since Inklings and Octolings are going to share legwear, at least allow the Octolings to have the same amount of hairstyles as the Inklings, it would be awesome to have a hairstyle based of the original Inkling Boy hairstyle for male Octolings.
  • Allow other subspecies of Octarians roam around Inkopolis Square, as an added bonus, they can be various colors matching the ink colors in the game.
  • Replicas of Octo Weapons, the Octoshot Replica has a good chance of coming back.

ahem.

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8018-7947-6781
Two words: ARMOR. REPLICAS (also weapon replicas but that would make it 4 words and that's not gud)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
  • I do hope for at least one grand boss at the end. Hearing from dataminers, there appears to be some kind of final boss, though what I head was kind of muddy and less than completely solid.
  • Would be cool if there were some type of boss challenge among the facilities.
  • At least some stages that are typical single player length (which by all account isn't even that long).
  • Actual backstory for Pearl and Marina. They are our co-guides, I do wanna get more insight on them.
  • Stages based more on puzzles. Ever since they showed that one room when they were mentioning there would be 80 test chambers, I could not help but draw minor parallels to Portal.
  • Hoping that there are more new Off the Hook tracks besides Nasty Majesty.
  • Actual cutscenes throughout the campaign, whether it be at certain checkpoints or flashbacks.

Cephalobro

I got another wish, adding more lore about the Octarians themselves. It was a bummer that Octo Canyon added close to nothing in terms of lore about the Octarians, the only one I can remember off the top off my head is how they place a sentient tentacle inside the Great Octo Weapons. Most of the lore that was added in Octo Canyon was about the Salmonids.

liciors

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6376-9440-4613
1) For the setting to get some darker tones, give it more ambiguity.
2) More music from Off the Hook.
3) Level replayability so I don't get bored when not connected to WiFi.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
- All weapons and gear from the first game that had the word "octo" in it.
- This sounds pretty fresh as well:
- The mohoct on the octoling boy looks amazing and totally adorable, but I'd like to see some new hair styles regardless.
- For DJ Octavio to not be the final boss, or if he is, they have some huge lore thing that would require it. Don't just slap him on the end because it's easy.
- More lore about Pearl and Marina, more specifically how they met and how Marina is an octoling accepted into inkling society, and also octolings in general.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
My personal hope for Octo Expansion is getting more details on how humanity managed to exterminate itself.
With the most common theory being to do with sea level rise, and the fact the deep sea metro is underwater, while the train itself shares many similarities with German subway carriages, it seems like it’s too big of a plot hole for Nintendo ignore.
(I’m also secretly hoping that the train carriages get confirmed as human, so that I can finally prove my theory about inklings being small compared to humans (just over 1m from rough measurements compared to German metro dimensions))

Still, I call now that some plot line/ twist has something to do with the lost pieces of humanity.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(I’m also secretly hoping that the train carriages get confirmed as human, so that I can finally prove my theory about inklings being small compared to humans (just over 1m from rough measurements compared to German metro dimensions)).
I also though the inklings were rather small in stature due to the sizes of some of the human elements placed throughout the maps and salmon run. The official art book proved me wrong. They have Marina listed at 178cm or 5`8" and Pearl at 145cm or 4`8".

DP6QxRUWkAEdMJD.jpg

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The official art book is pretty silly, though. For one, Pearl is much shorter in the game than she is in that picture. For another, yeah, all those artifacts of human civilization lying around in Salmon Run. But that's also inconsistent with Pearl's comment that she found a bunch of human bones in her backyard (if they were to scale with Salmon Run, those bones would be gargantuan).

Cephalobro

I mean, size can be pretty inconsistent, there's also the possibility that Pearl owns a mansion with a huge backyard in the size of a football field.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
You can go ahead and unfolow me and permaban me from the site if you want, but I hope there are Limited Ink challenges in OE.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
You can go ahead and unfolow me and permaban me from the site if you want, but I hope there are Limited Ink challenges in OE.
Honestly, the Limited Ink challenges from the Squid Amiibo were some of my favorites. They made you have to think conservatively. I got so good at them, I was able to finish Inkvisible Avenue without even using half the supply.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
My personal hope for Octo Expansion is getting more details on how humanity managed to exterminate itself.
With the most common theory being to do with sea level rise, and the fact the deep sea metro is underwater, while the train itself shares many similarities with German subway carriages, it seems like it’s too big of a plot hole for Nintendo ignore.
(I’m also secretly hoping that the train carriages get confirmed as human, so that I can finally prove my theory about inklings being small compared to humans (just over 1m from rough measurements compared to German metro dimensions))

Still, I call now that some plot line/ twist has something to do with the lost pieces of humanity.
I can sort of help with that assuming that the art book goes with the Splatoon in-game canon. So, uhh SPOILERS?
I got the first game's art book last year as a birthday present and in the Squid Manga section (pg. 313 is where it starts) is a manga of what happened. Long story short, Humanity drowned themselves by sending a nuke to the South Pole during World War V. If you'd like a little more detail, there was a meeting that included Judd and his owner during what I can only assume is WWV. One of the men, probably Judd's owner, explained that Judd was a very smart cat who could instantly tell who was winning a battle, but he was struggling to tell who was winning this one. He proposes a solution to the other man, a military man, that being a new weapon that would supposedly benefit him and his country. Boom, one briefcase full of money later and a nuclear warhead was sent to the South Pole "submerging most of the land masses on the planet. The human population was decimated."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom