1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

    Join us on Discord!

  3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

    You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

  4. Hi Guest,

    As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Octo Lab - IC Thread

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by Rustic, Apr 27, 2017.

  1. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    (( It begins once again! ))

    "Hunter..." A synthesized voice called to Hunter, rousing him from his sleep. "Hunter, it is... to get up." It said, as he was rolling over Hunter became aware of a large capsule-like object poking into his side.

    Opening his eyes, he became keenly aware that he wasn't at home. In fact, it looked like he wasn't even in Inkopolis anymore. White walls surrounded him and the floor was a smooth black. The monochrome room was broken by a simple, yet fancy wooden table accompanied by a matching chair. It had a small notepad on it with a pen beside it. But as he looked around, his head felt distinctly lighter than normal. And his hand shot up to reach for his goggles, but they were conspicuously gone.

    The voice spoke once again. "Greetings, Hunter, it is good that you are awake now. Welcome to the Sunburst Inkling Laboratories! A division of the Octarian Institute of Technology and Science or OITS. I am one of many OOPAs that are assigned to the subjects procured from Inkopolis and Octo Valley." It said, as he looked down to see the thing that was talking. A small Ink-Tank with an obsidian bulb on the top of it, a blue light emanated from within it that flashed softly each time it spoke.

    He took a brief glance around the room for an exit, finding that there was an almost seamless square cut into the wall with a keypad beside it. The keypad was off, and the pad seemed to be activated by touching it judging from the small, black, flat screen.

    What to do?

    Zale became aware of a dull, pulsing pain coming from the back of his head. Wincing, he got up. Supporting himself with his arm, he felt a small thing in his side which made him look down to the source. "Excellent, you are awake!" A voice said, surprising him. A small pink orb glowed on the top of an Ink-Tank, flashing lightly as it spoke.

    It spoke once again, introducing itself. "Hello Zale, I am your OITS-issued OOPA! Welcome to Sunburst Inkling Laboratories, building a better future for the Octarian Underground! In case you are wondering, I am one of the many OOPAs, or Octoling-Operator-Personal-Assistants that are assigned to the subjects gathered from Inkopolis and Octo Valley." It said, as he looked down to see the thing that was talking. A small Ink-Tank with an obsidian bulb on the top of it.

    Looking away from the talking Ink-Tank, he looked around the room. Seeing a monochrome room, sterile white walls with a black, shiny floor that was probably waxed daily. Either that or it was just really shiny normally. As he looked around, he noticed a small black square embedded in the wall. A keypad of sorts, he guessed. The room was furnished in a simple manner, a bed with blue sheets, a wooden table and chair.

    What to do now?

    "Laura." A voice sternly declared, "it is time to get up. You have been sleeping for approximately 18 hours." The mechanical voice added, as it spoke she realized her limbs were very stiff and one of her legs felt numb. But it started to function normally as she kicked it gently to restore feeling.

    "Welcome to the Laboratories of Sunburst Inkling, Laura. A section of the Octarian Institute of Technology and Science." The voice, as she found out, was coming from a small Ink-Tank that hung from her waist. A black orb faintly glowing a light blue light glared back at her. "I am one of the many OOPAs that are issued to subjects such as yourself that are acquired from both Inkopolis and Octo Valley." The OOPA said, the mention that she is not in Inkopolis anymore made her look around the room.

    Seeing that it had a monochrome design to it, broken by a wooden table and chair with a pen and journal on it. As she investigated, Laura saw that there was a slight seam beside a dark keypad. An exit, it seemed to her.

    What will you do?

    The next GM-Post will be on May 5th.
    As always, actions may be added upon request. And I will be sending a convo message to the RP's Discord server soon.
    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     
    #1 Rustic, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Devack @Ikaheishi @Zerul @MacSmitty
    (( Forgot to tag everyone else. ))

    "Raye..." A voice called her name, "oh Raye~!" It said, although it seemed to be sing-song tone, waking her up as she looked around the room. It didn't seem like he was in Inkopolis, that much was obvious as she assumed that from the colourless room that she was in. The floor was a smooth obsidian while the walls were a sleek white, overall it didn't seem like a comfortable place to be.

    "Good, you are awake! Hello, and welcome to Sunburst Inkling. A division of the Octarian Institute of Technology and Science." It stated, before they continued on, "or OITS for short! I am your own personal OOPA, given to those lucky enough to be chosen to progress the sciences of the Octarians."

    Raye, finally noticing an uncomfortable feeling jabbing in her side, cast a glance down to it. Spotting a little Ink-Tank, a small black orb that flashed a light pink light whenever it spoke. She looked away from the thing, ignoring it for now to look in front of her to see a surprising sight. The wall across from her had a small keypad embedded in it. It might've been a way out. But...

    What to do now?
     
  3. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    @Rustic

    Hunter stands up and examines the strange tank. "OOPA? Why am i here?" He then starts looking around the room. He really didn't want to loose his goggles that was a gift from his grandfather.
     
  4. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Zerul

    The Ink-Tank appeared to be a normal Tank on a cursory examination, but upon closer inspection. He noticed three ports near the bottom of the thing of varying sizes, all with different colours and labels that Hunter couldn't translate. Hunter didn't know what they were for, but it seemed to be an add-on of some kind. There was a small tube coming out of the top, beside the little camera that constituted an eye.

    The eye itself couldn't seem to hold still, looking at him and switching its gaze randomly as it examined him as he looked over it. The eye was blue, matching his own Ink colour.

    As he shifted his examination elsewhere, Hunter found that the tube beside the OOPA's eye was connected into his body through his lower back just a little distant from where it hung loosely on his waist, however he felt nothing from the insertion, as if it was a very fine needle piercing his skin. Even prodding the tube's entry point didn't even cause any discomfort at all. Whatever its purpose, it didn't seem to be malicious. But if he had to guess though, the tube must be connected to his pressurized Ink-sac. Hunter looked away from the tube, pulling down his shirt to glare at the OOPA.
     
  5. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    Raye awoke as soon as the device had begun speaking, getting groggily to her feet from the cold ground. She had heard about the recent kidnappings on the news lately, but had not thought for one second that it would happen to her. Sil... she thought. Looking around, she noticed the thing attached to her ink tank. "OOPA? What exactly is an OOPA?" she asked before beginning to look around the room.

    [Examine Action - Examine Surroundings]
    @Rustic
     
    #5 Devack, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    @Rustic (half correct)

    Hunter stops looking at OOPA and looks around the room hoping his grandfather's mask wasn't gone.

    [Hunter looks for his mask DONT PLAY DUMB you litteraly said it wasn't on his head so you know what i talk about]
     
  7. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Laura began to arouse as a voice spoke to her. She started to recognize some words… sleepeighteenhours… Uh oh!

    She must have really overslept! Laura immediately lurched up out of her bed, far from ready to receive the inevitable lecture from her mother. Or, well, that's what she expected…

    Laura was stiff as can be, and her left leg was numb. She repeatedly tapped her leg in a light kicking fashion, trying to wake it up, as she struggled to get herself upright. As she shifted onto he knees, the voice began to speak again…

    Welcome to the Laboratories of Sunburst Inkling, Laura. A section of the Octarian Institute of Technology and Science, the voice said, drawing Laura's attention towards her waist. It was there that she noticed a what looked like small ink tank hanging on her side, and the little black orb with a pale blue light on it, which… seemed to be staring back at her?


    The voice continued on. I am one of the many OOPAs that are issued to subjects such as yourself that are acquired from both Inkopolis and Octo Valley. Woopa? Laura had already began to shift her weight onto her feet. And that's when she realized.


    Wait… What?! Acquired? Inkopolis? And… Octo Valley?

    She quickly examined her surroundings as she became aware of them; a table, a chair… perhaps a journal or some other kind of log… She took note of the room's monochromatic design as she looked around, eventually spotting a dark keypad on the wall, and the line—no, a seam in the wall beside it. Given what she could tell, that must the entrance to this spartan room.

    Hmm… What… is… this? Laura quietly said to herself, directing her attention once again to the object hanging from her waist.


    @Rustic [Examine: OOPA]
     
    #7 Ikaheishi, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  8. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    As Zale started to gain his bearings, he began to process what the OOPA was telling him, though he was a bit confused on WHY he was in this place.

    Did I get into fight and lost? He thought while getting up, Or did I get hit with some gas of some kind?

    Feeling the dull pain on his reasons Zale deduced that it was both reasons. Looking at his surroundings he was in a room that looked like the ones he'd seen in some movies. Was he in a similar situation as the characters in the movies? He decided to ask the AI on his side this.

    "
    Say... OOPA was it? What exactly is this place? Am I a part some game or something?"
    @Rustic [Action: Talk to OOPA]
     
    #8 MacSmitty, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  9. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Devack
    As Raye went around the room, she realized that it was about as barebones as it seemed to be. The room itself was small with a bland colour choice for it. As she stood there, turning to look around and listen. Raye could hear the faint whir of a fan above her, making her look up to see a vent above her. If she could get up there, Raye would be certain that she probably escape the room. The only problem was getting up there without her captors knowing she trying to get out, that and how she would exactly get up there.

    Realizing that she was staring at the vent as she thought that, Raye quickly shifted her focus towards the notepad on the desk. She flipped it open to see what was inside of it. It was filled with the same page over and over and over, saying something about a multitude of things that she could ask about, like her experience there, a menu about different kinds of foods, until she came upon the end of the book where there were five empty pages with the "notes" simply printed on the top of it. It seemed to her that her captors wanted them to be comfortable.

    Comfortable as they can be in a small monochrome room with almost nothing to do.

    What to do now?

    @Zerul
    Searching the almost empty room revealed nothing, but Hunter wouldn't be deterred from his grandfather's gift. He looked underneath the simple table, pushed aside the book on top of it, and the bed he woke up on. He pushed the blankets and pillows onto the floor. He ran around the room, feeling the walls for some kind of seam or a hidden panel. There wasn't anything of the sort. A sort of vain hope took over Hunter as he looked at the keypad. Maybe it would open up a closet.

    As he walked up to it, he could swear that he heard heavy, clunky footsteps coming from the behind the closet.

    What will you do now?

    @Ikaheishi
    Laura looked all over the OOPA, looking it right in the eye. It stared at her back, silent. The eye itself glowed softly as it broke away from her look. It seemed to be examining her now in response. As it broke away, she noticed the tube that came out of the top of the OOPA. Tracing her finger along it, she found that it went into her lower back. Pulling on it, she felt almost no discomfort from it. It felt like she had a very fine needle in her, Laura guessed that it went into her Ink-sac as it would've made sense for an Ink-Tank to do that.

    Just not in that particular manner.

    Looking away from the tube, she looked at the Ink in question. It was her own colour, and there didn't seem to be anything different that she could notice. In fact, it looked exactly the same as the ones that were used for Turf Wars. But looking further down the OOPA, she spotted several ports of varying sizes and shapes, labelled with different kinds of lettering and apparent colour-codes that she couldn't really understand. Green, Red, and Blue. Whatever they were, she didn't know.

    Laura put down the OOPA, leaving it be for now.

    What now?
     
  10. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    @Rustic. (GM wanting to push plot along i see XP also completely ignoring OOPA and it doesn't seem to care XP)

    Hunter hesitates a moment but touches the touch pad. unsure if it did anything.

    [touch the touchpad]
     
  11. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    Raye puffed her cheeks out at not finding anything she could use to really help herself out of this situation. She'd have to play along, at least until an opportunity to escape presented itself.

    "Why was I brought here, OOPA? What do they want with me?" Raye asked, before her stomach grumbled. She'd forgotten she hadn't eaten before her last match, and she was extremely hungry. "And would it be possible to get something to eat?"

    [Action: Question OOPA]
     
  12. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Laura closed her eyes as she stood up, and reflected on her newfound situation.

    Mysteriously waking up in such a plain room… An unfamiliar high tech device… Tubes being stuck into the unwitting subject? All the hallmarks of a science-fiction horror show. But then surely then this was just a twisted work of fiction constructed by the unconscious mind, right? Only a nightmare? But, something just didn't feel right about that conclusion.

    She needed to be sure. Laura slowly raised her right hand in front of her face, took a deep breath, followed by another, tensed up slightly, and then… WHAM!

    Laura remained frozen in a wince from the impact of her hand. An ever so faint Owwww⁢… quietly slipped out of her solidified face. Naturally she had held back on herself, that didn't mean it would be painless. Besides, now all the confirmation she needed was now tingling on her right cheek.

    She took a moment to breathe again and clear her mind. One again her eyes landed on the table and the journal upon it. Hmm… Perhaps…

    @Rustic [Examine: Journal on table]
     
    #12 Ikaheishi, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  13. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Ikaheishi

    "Oh dear... Are you alright, Laura?" The OOPA asked after she had hit her face.

    Laura ignored it, as this situation was not alright, not in any aspect of 'alright'. She looked at the journal on the table, a small leathery texture on its surface. She opened the journal only to find a large menu filled with fill-in-the-dot selections about food and her experience there, right up until the end part of the book, which was conspicuously blank with only the word "notes" written on the top. Leafing through it some more, she noticed some pages were torn out at the 'notes' section.

    Laura flipped through the notes section, finding there was some hastily-scrawled writing in the margins of the pages.

    The writing looked like chicken-scratches made by a toddler, however it seemed to be in Octarian, and as luck would have it she did not understand it. But maybe her OOPA would be able to translate it for her. As she pulled up the Ink-Tank, it curiously looked at her then the journal's text. "Oh my, it seems they must've forgotten to replace this one. But you want this translated?"

    "...Okay then." It said after Laura continued to hold the OOPA in front of the text. "Text translates to 'I need to escape before the...' Oh my goodness, the text is too messy to translate here," the OOPA continued on trying to translate the remaining text. "'Those people out there are... insane.' Well, whatever this person was, they must be referring to the rest of the subjects. The rest of this is simply expletives and derogatory terms about the people outside."

    What now?
     
    #13 Rustic, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  14. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Laura stood there, blankly staring at the incomprehensible text in a mix of disbelief and confusion. There are other people here?

    Okay… Thanks…? she uttered without any real thought. Laura was more focused on on what she had just heard. The reality of the situation was finally starting to sink in.

    She shuddered her head as she tried to clear her mind. Panicking wouldn't accomplish anything helpful.

    Well, I guess there's only one thing to do now… she said. The faint sound of a hit song from two years prior could be heard emanating from her, as she made her way over to the keypad.

    @Rustic [Examine: Keypad]
     
    #14 Ikaheishi, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  15. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Ikaheishi

    Laura looked at the keypad's black surface, in stark contrast to the white wall it was placed in.

    The keypad didn't react to her approach or her staring at it, the black panel was just inactive it seemed. And there wasn't any response from it at all. She couldn't even see any marks or even stains from anyone who could've been there in the room before her.

    Whatever the keypad's purpose was. She made a well-educated guess that it had something to do with opening something. That or it simply was there to input whatever the journal's contents were.

    What to do now?
     
  16. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Hmm…

    Laura stared at the keypad, examining it. Her head tilted slightly to the right. Might as well try… She muttered as she began to input different things into it, watching for any reactions.

    @Rustic [Use: Keypad; Attempting different input combinations in sequence.]
     
  17. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    (( WHOO WEEE, the second turn of Octo Lab v2! ))

    @MacSmitty
    "Say... OOPA was it? What exactly is this place? Am I a part some game or something?"

    "Game?" The OOPA answered, "no, no. If it was a game then it would be more bombastic and 'in-your-face', Zale."

    "Huh." The pinkette Inkling said. "...Well in any case, do you know who brought me here? Cause I still need give em a little payback for kidnapping me." He said while pounding his fists. "...Though I need a weapon. Who knows what the people this place have. Eh, nothing I can't handle!"

    The OOPA looked at him. "Weapons? You escape?" The OOPA chuckled robotically, a very monotone rumbly sound. "That's a good one!"

    Zale turned to the AI strapped on him. "I wasn't joking." he replied annoyed. "You said 'subjects', earlier, that means there must be others in this..." He played with one of his spiky tentacles in order to find the right word. "...facility." "Do you know what I or the others in this place are being tested for?" He asks, now getting up and going to the keypad.

    "Your combat aptitude, intelligence which doesn't seem high in your case," the OOPA mumbled, "overconfidence maybe... teamwork, all of that will be tested with the nineteen others that were taken with you." It said.

    Zale ignored the comment on his intelligence, knowing that he'll make the AI eat its words at a later point. But he had to to ask OOPA one last thing. "OOPA. How long have I've been here?" The pinkette had no watch, and the room didn't seem to hold a clock either.

    "You have been in this room for a day." The OOPA replied simply. Zale sighed. No wonder he felt a bit tired. "So, what do you suggest my next course of action be?" He asked.

    The OOPA grumbled incomprehensably, before it said, "we wait, soon they should arrive."

    "Alright. Consider it done." and with that, Zale sat on the bed, arms crossed, waiting for whoever "they" were to show up.

    Speaking of "they", the door to his right opened up and he stood up. But what stood inside of the doorway surprised him. A robot glared down at him, as he took a step back the robot simply said, "go." Before standing aside and pointing away into the hallway.

    What now?

    @Zerul
    As Hunter got closer to the keypad, the muffled stomping seemingly passed by and faded away. But he continued onward, inching his hand towards the keypad. He tapped it.

    Nothing happened.

    He wasn't sure what he was expecting, maybe it would've opened something, play a little video, or maybe turn on for one. Hunter looked at it a bit closer, tapping on it again before his OOPA spoke up. "You don't have authorization, Hunter." He glared at it, the OOPA casually looking around the room as if it was ignoring him again.

    Suddenly, he heard something swish and Hunter immediately looked to the source of the sound. The door beside the keypad had opened, but what he saw standing in the opening wasn't the most encouraging of sights. A sleek robot, which was a lot more taller than him, looked down at him. A fuchsia eye stared at him as he stood there, speechless.

    After what felt like a minute of a silent stare down. They still stood across from each other, quietly, Hunter could hear murmurs coming from elsewhere behind the robot.

    What to do now?

    @Devack
    "Why was I brought here, OOPA? What do they want with me?" Raye asked, before her stomach grumbled. She'd forgotten she hadn't eaten before her last match, and she was extremely hungry. "And would it be possible to get something to eat?"

    "Raye, I thought I said this already..." The OOPA replied in a low tone."You were lucky enough to be chosen in the name of science! They want you to go run around, testing the general Inkopolis population. Are you dumb? Are you strong? Are you geniuses? These are the questions my creators want answered." The pink OOPA went quiet, letting Raye stand there with one last question left unanswered. "Oh! And food will be served soon."

    "And why do they want to test us?" Raye asked, confused as to the actual purpose of this place. "And how do you know my name?"

    "We always research our targets." The OOPA replied casually, as if that question was answered a million times. "And that is information I am not allowed to divulge."

    Well... What do we know here? Raye thought to herself. I've been captured by some messed-up Octarian facility for some form of "testing", and I don't know what the testing is for, other than what I'm capable of. A possible invasion? she finished. "You said I was 'lucky' enough to be chosen. Was anyone else 'lucky'?" she asked OOPA.

    "Yes, of course! There are approximately 19 others that were chosen with you." It replied to her.

    Well, that's not good. Raye thought to herself. "What form will the testing take?" she asked.

    "Oh, nothing you all wouldn't be used to." The OOPA answered, " individual combat tests, general IQ quizzes, mostly the things you would do in your spare time." It finished, the glowing eye on top of the Ink-Tank rolled around.

    Raye paced around the room, thinking over what the OOPA had said. It's probably best to play along for now, and look for a chance to escape later. she thought before her stomach grumbled loudly, demanding attention. "How much longer until food gets here?"

    "Soon." The OOPA replied.

    A minute passed by, and her stomach was already getting impatient. As Raye opened her mouth to ask the OOPA again, the door in the room opened up. "Finally..." She said, turning to walk out. Raye stopped in her tracks, looking at the robot that stood in the doorway. The robot stood there, wondering what was the rush. "Food, this way." The robot said, raising its arm to point into the hallway. There was a quiet murmur coming from behind it.

    What to do?

    @Ikaheishi
    As Laura input several combinations, the keypad didn't react. At least not immediately, it turned on at the last combination she tried and the door beside it opened up with quiet whoosh, but not to a getaway or anything of the sort. In fact, it was the complete opposite.

    A robot stared at her, shifting its head to the side curiously as it saw Laura with her hand on the keypad. For a split-second, she could swear that its eye glowed bright red as it looked at her. The robot pointed at her hand, and she understood what it wanted her to do. At least she thought, Laura took her hand off of the keypad.

    Laura looked up at the robot, entering a staring contest as the robot didn't prompt her to do anything else after that.

    "SB-007," the OOPA on her hip spoke up. "Is it time to go introduce her to the staff now?"

    "Yes." 'SB-007' responded slowly, turning to walk away. "Follow, Inkling." The robot stepped away from the doorway, leaving her in the room.

    What next?

    The next GM-Post will be on May 12th.
    As always, actions may be added upon request.
    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     
    #17 Rustic, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  18. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    @Rustic

    Hunter sees the robot figure standing there and he bolts back a bit. He was unsure what the robot was there for. but clearly it wasn't something he wanted apart of. "Hey you bucket of Bolts! Why am i here!" He takes a ready stance incase the robot would start attacking. He knew he couldn't win this fight without a weapon but he only needed a opening to excape.

    [talk to slenderman...i mean robot.]
     
  19. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    Zale was surprised at how hostile the robot was. He hadn't done anything worthy of getting that kind of treatment at all.

    Unless... He thought, The rooms are under surveillance for my captors!

    That thought had made the pinkette's heart skip a beat. If his captors knew about his plans of escaping, that just made things more harder for him and everyone else involved in the experiment. While getting up and approaching the door that the robot was at, Zale briefly looked around the room for any cameras.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Examine Room]
     
  20. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    Raye took pause initially upon seeing the robot appear in the doorway. But, remembering her decision to play along for now, she decided to walk out into the hallway before turning to the robot. "Lead the way." she said.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Follow Robot]
     

Share This Page

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

We know you don't like ads
Why not buy Premium?